• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting accusations about the last Eagles SB Game

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they cheated. Still counts. Still would have beat them if mcnabb didn't suck in the first half.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they cheated. Still counts. Still would have beat them if mcnabb didn't suck in the first half.

yea, stubborn coach that wouldn't run the ball even tho belichick admitted he couldn't stop it... or taking "TWO" delay of game penalties while he ran an 8 minute drive late in the game needing 2 scores.... had nothing to do with it.

You are a riot, enut, when it comes to McNabb and Reid.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Eagles coach Steve Spagnuolo: Patriots cheated during 2005 Super Bowl

I find a good bit of this interesting. I do know that many of the Eagles players were saying after the game they felt like the Patriots were in the huddle but most of the accusations IIRC were from the offense. I did not know the defense accused them too.

Yea, I thought this was common knowledge, because didn't belichick actually try to say "everyone does it" as part of the excuse???

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I thought this was common knowledge, because didn't belichick actually try to say "everyone does it" as part of the excuse???

I honestly had no idea about the defense complaining about it as well. I do recall Jon Runyan being one of the most vocal but I honestly don't recall a single complaint about the Defense. Of course Belicheat was exposed by the Jets and like you said made the excuse that everyone was doing it which is complete utter bullshit.

This years Eagles team is better at just about every facet than the 2004 Eagles. The Patriots can be had imo.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strange comment. You'll admit they cheated, but still blame the qb of the other team? Give me the name a qb who isn't going to suck when the defense already knows which plays are coming.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange comment. You'll admit they cheated, but still blame the qb of the other team? Give me the name a qb who isn't going to suck when the defense already knows which plays are coming.
They knew in the 2nd half. Mcnabb sucked in the first.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no one buys it anymore enut. Hindsight is 20/20 and your still blind. Give it up. Let it go. You show your bias and hatred more than you do McNabb's shortcomings.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't be serious. That is your argument? The sad thing about all of this is you refuse to acknowledge shit that is right in front of your face. Now I will readily admit that McNabb could not get it done. He just was not that kind of player. However the biggest blame in all of this is his coach. You remember him? Andy Reid.... The same coach that did in 2017 with the Chiefs that he did when he coached the Eagles. He choked. Andy Reid his guided the Chiefs to the playoffs in 4 of the last 5 years and he has a total of 1 playoff win. Two of them came in epic choke jobs (Titans, Colts)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be serious. That is your argument? The sad thing about all of this is you refuse to acknowledge shit that is right in front of your face. Now I will readily admit that McNabb could not get it done. He just was not that kind of player. However the biggest blame in all of this is his coach. You remember him? Andy Reid.... The same coach that did in 2017 with the Chiefs that he did when he coached the Eagles. He choked. Andy Reid his guided the Chiefs to the playoffs in 4 of the last 5 years and he has a total of 1 playoff win. Two of them came in epic choke jobs (Titans, Colts)
McNabb threw (3) three picks. One. Two. THREE. That's the game right there. Literally couldn't get it done without Chad Lewis to bail him out.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly had no idea about the defense complaining about it as well. I do recall Jon Runyan being one of the most vocal but I honestly don't recall a single complaint about the Defense. Of course Belicheat was exposed by the Jets and like you said made the excuse that everyone was doing it which is complete utter bullshit.

This years Eagles team is better at just about every facet than the 2004 Eagles. The Patriots can be had imo.

Some people mentioned on defense that they had put in one or two packages (and schemes of it) that the Eagles had never ever shown before. And the Patriots carved it up like they were facing a Pee Wee team, playing vanilla, immediately hitting the weak spot, covering every single attack from the defense perfectly (players in position and couner plays). Some suspected the Patriots actually stole a playbook.

Apparently Ike Reese is extremely angry at the Patriots.

And Lurie's atitude towards the Patriots is IMHO telling enough; sometimes (and IIRC it might actually have been mentioned in some posts) he considers Kraft pretty much as his arch enemy. Note how he intefered into the team in advance of them playing the Patriots in the final season of Chip Kelly.

And the way the NFL (and owners) covered up Spy Gate consistently pretty much says enough - the Patriots cheated their way to the early titles. Even heir explanations of everything that went on (and how cheating did not win them Super Bowls) are logically irreconsilable with what is known about BB and how he approaches the game.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNabb threw (3) three picks. One. Two. THREE. That's the game right there. Literally couldn't get it done without Chad Lewis to bail him out.

OMG, are you serious???? Do you even REMEMBER the game????? After the game, even most of the McNabb haters were not putting those INT's on McNabb.

THe fact you still hate to realize is that throughout the entire playoffs - McNabb's QB rating was better than Peyton Mannings, the year he actually WON the SB (who by the way threw more INT's than TD's - something McNabb did NOT do). You give him absolutely no credit at all. LIke I said, your bias is nothing but pure hatred, ignorant and you should really let go of it.