• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Insight On Kap/Offense

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start this clip at about the 4:10 mark and Dilfer gets into the Niners offense and Kaepernick. He makes a couple interesting points that a few of us on the boards have been making. That the coaches can't figure out the best way to use Kap. Also he makes a point about building the offense around a QB and not trying to make a QB conform to your offense. The Niners are a power team. Maybe Kaps strengths don't play to the strengths of the offense. If Kap is the guy, then maybe they do need to change the offense. Anyway, I thought it was interesting to here.

Trent Dilfer, NFL - ESPN

i'd like to see bootlegs and play action. imo kap would do well and it wouldn't affect the run game.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely sold on Dilfer's perspective. We ran a lot of pistol/shotgun early in the year and Kap wasn't effective doing it. It worked well against GB, but after that he largely fell apart when trying to be the focal point of the offense. I think there's a very strong argument that cost us the game against Indy. And there's no reason to force him to be THE GUY right now. Let him grow into himself while relying on the D and run game. There will be times when that doesn't work, but we've got a reprieve in terms of teams that can put up a lot of points. I'd rather be a bit conservative and try to grind out some wins. Come back after the bye and see what Kap can do when we have to keep up with the Saints.

:agree:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC it was the Colts game where it was mentioned how the Colts D was mimicking Seattle's previous success by having an LB spy Kaep on passing downs or when he might run it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The struggles could be a blessing in disguise for Kaepernick and the 49ers. Now he realizes (if he didn't already) that he has a long way to go. I continue to believe that Kaapernick is a hungry player who has a chip on his shoulder. This should work to our advantage moving forward.