• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries to Kings

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a nice time for Marleau to come flying down the ice elbow first and just destroy Dough-boy in the skull. I think Patty has 6 penalty minutes his whole career and a CLEAR history of kind play. I doubt he would even get a major for it.... ridiculous. He could even look at his elbow incredulously with a "it never does that" sort of look on his face.

For Torres - meh. Never liked the guy but I cannot argue with the impact he has on the team. So what is he supposed to do? Play passively? It would seem he made a pretty concerted effort to clean up his play - seems to me it doesn't matter much.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah - that's well said. Good for Raffi and Doug on handling a shit situation as best they can.

The problem is that the league can simply wash it's hands of the situation and that's the end of it. It certainly decreases our already moderate chances to win a cup, but as long as these pussies in the NHL office can hang their hat on shit like this they dont care. Right or wrong - it gives them plausible evidence against lawsuits that are already starting to happen that they have been 'doing' something.

Its not about preserving the integrity of the game anymore - its about legal precedence and image. :L

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If nothing else good comes of this the loyalty Wilson and the organization have shown Torres should go a long way in his possible re-signing with the Sharks. You can bet other players around the league will take notice as well.

Almost think its mandatory for them to resign him at this point the guys been an dynamic addition

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Would be nice to resign him. But trouble seems to fallow him, theres no way this never happens again haha

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb: Nice job D. Wilson! :clap:

:cell: Now go make the call and sign Buster!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wonder if the league will respond.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is a way for Wilson to rally the troups! Keep fighting no matter the cost.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wonder if the league will respond.

Probably not they know they are wrong and theyve got nothing at all to stand on, they come out and say anything they will come out looking like bigger assholes then they already do, which when you think about it is quite an accomplishment.

Their just going to shut up and let it go away unless the sharks get swept and the real shit starts flying from the sharks lol

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance in hell the league will respond in any way.

Also, I'm all for singing Raffi but would like some bonus-clause type thingy in there based on minimum # of games played (excluding injury)... which probably won't be possible since it'd get the NHLPA all up in arms.

But, if you're a GM looking to sign Raffi, you've got to someone protect yourself from him getting a 20-30 game suspension sometime down the line.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No chance in hell the league will respond in any way.

Also, I'm all for singing Raffi but would like some bonus-clause type thingy in there based on minimum # of games played (excluding injury)... which probably won't be possible since it'd get the NHLPA all up in arms.

But, if you're a GM looking to sign Raffi, you've got to someone protect yourself from him getting a 20-30 game suspension sometime down the line.

Thats why we need to sign Maxim Lapierre to. So we can alternate players with suspensions. But serious haha Lapierre is a UFA

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ive been reading a lot of different websites it seems like 90% of even the general hockey fan base feels this was a horrible call and suspension which i find a bit shocking overall, i thought for sure it would be I hate Ralphie campaign.

A lot fans also seem very supportive how Dwill approached this and how he choose to speak about it, pretty interesting i thought it was just sharks fans who were upset lol

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Ward, Ray Ferraro, Ken Danyeko, Kelly Chase, Roenick and about 10 other former players now analysts called it a good hockey play and said it shouldn't result in a suspension. The only one I can think of who thought it was justified was Kieth Jones.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Commodore also said it was a legal play.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And well done Dougie that was money.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Ward, Ray Ferraro, Ken Danyeko, Kelly Chase, Roenick and about 10 other former players now analysts called it a good hockey play and said it shouldn't result in a suspension. The only one I can think of who thought it was justified was Kieth Jones.

Melrose and Steve Levy couldn't nut all over themselves fast enough about how "bad" Raffi was...

I swear I can hear "its a small world..." in the back ground when ESPN is on... way to bandwagon guys.

:gaah:... its done, nothing we can do about it. I wish I had business in that town so I could egg Banahan's car... oh well.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The NHL has fined the Sharks $100k for Wilson's statements.