• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries to Kings

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since it is on Thursday you know he ain't playing that game lol.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dougie making the trip to NY too... not sure why since it won't matter what he has to say.

Also, Torres probably done playing in the NHL now, safe to say? Who's going to want to sign this dude on July 1st?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn. Trying to be unbiased here...it looks bad. Torres could have easily gotten big body contact there, but instead goes for the glancing shoulder blow to the upper body (shoulder/head). That's what I don't like about the hit. It's the same type of hit that has caused head injuries in the past.

It's square shoulder on shoulder stoll is bent over at the waist and Torres drove through on his hit like he should have. The only argument that's remotely legit is he was unsuspecting but stoll wasn't because he's shrugging his shoulders bracing for the hit

Being bent over at the waist doesn't help either

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Pollak David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 4m

#SJSharks confirm Torres flying to NYC for hearing Thursday.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Dougie making the trip to NY too... not sure why since it won't matter what he has to say.

Also, Torres probably done playing in the NHL now, safe to say? Who's going to want to sign this dude on July 1st?

He's making the trip to defend his player like he should. Personally I hope Wilson rips Shanny a new one for pushing the issue this far.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Penner hit on Wingels was much more blatant head contact than the hit on Stoll and no one is even talking about it. This is nothing more than a reputation call.

Penner should be looked at, all of his hits seem very high. If Torres is suspended then the Sharks need players to STEP UP!!!!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's even more bullshit Ralphie is going to miss a game regardless if he's suspended or not, it's wrong the sharks lose a player like that because of a blown call

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's even more bullshit Ralphie is going to miss a game regardless if he's suspended or not, it's wrong the sharks lose a player like that because of a blown call

I don't think it's the call. I think it's video & his prior offenses. Bet he gets called in by NHL even if there was no penalty. :hellno:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's square shoulder on shoulder stoll is bent over at the waist and Torres drove through on his hit like he should have. The only argument that's remotely legit is he was unsuspecting but stoll wasn't because he's shrugging his shoulders bracing for the hit

Being bent over at the waist doesn't help either

I do not think it was "square" shoulder on shoulder. That is where we disagree. Look at rares' post where there are 3 pictures. The middle picture clearly shows Torres' shoulder being at a higher level than Stoll's shoulder.

You are right that it doesn't help that Stoll is hunched over. The most I'll give you is that it was a glancing shoulder to shoulder hit with a big brunt of the hit coming in the form of shoulder to head. In the third picture, you see Stoll's head snap back. If it was whiplash from a shoulder on shoulder, his head would snap forward (towards Torres). Instead it is snapping away from Torres which indicates shoulder to head contact.

Torres is not given the benefit of the doubt and anything close to being a shoulder to head contact will be considered just that by the league. Shitty.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Wilson is working his magic, NY.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think it was "square" shoulder on shoulder. That is where we disagree. Look at rares' post where there are 3 pictures. The middle picture clearly shows Torres' shoulder being at a higher level than Stoll's shoulder.

You are right that it doesn't help that Stoll is hunched over. The most I'll give you is that it was a glancing shoulder to shoulder hit with a big brunt of the hit coming in the form of shoulder to head. In the third picture, you see Stoll's head snap back. If it was whiplash from a shoulder on shoulder, his head would snap forward (towards Torres). Instead it is snapping away from Torres which indicates shoulder to head contact.

Torres is not given the benefit of the doubt and anything close to being a shoulder to head contact will be considered just that by the league. Shitty.

Actually, in those views from Rares, it looks like Stoll turns his head into the hit & lays his head into the shoulder hit. But, you're right, not a clean S to S hit at all. Ralfie is FUCKED! :2cents:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

look closer at the second frame, intial point of contact is shoulder to shoulder clean and square the Impact of the hit in the 3rd frame causes stolls head/neck to fold over to the top of ralphies shoulder, you can't call it a head shot if its a direct result from the force of the impact it's a clean hit

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look closer at the second frame, intial point of contact is shoulder to shoulder clean and square the Impact of the hit in the 3rd frame causes stolls head/neck to fold over to the top of ralphies shoulder, you can't call it a head shot if its a direct result from the force of the impact it's a clean hit

I don't see that at all Kork. It's not the best angle to judge, but look how much higher Torres' name is than Stoll's. If you slow down the reverse angle, it looks like shoudler to ear, to me.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno man. The most I gather from the second pic is that Torres' shoulder is higher than Stoll's (because Stoll is hunched over).

That third pic also shows Stoll's head turned (Stoll is looking to his left). That's not a motion due to whiplash. That's a motion due to a force making your head turn left (Torres' shoulder).

I want to believe you Korky, I do. But after seeing it in slo-mo and from the reverse angle it's tough. Again, the most telling aspect to me is that Torres' shoulder is at a higher height than Stoll's shoulder.

I hope the league sees it your way.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add that the reason Stoll is looking to his left could be to brace/avoid the hit. Possibly.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see that at all Kork. It's not the best angle to judge, but look how much higher Torres' name is than Stoll's. If you slow down the reverse angle, it looks like shoudler to ear, to me.

because stoll is bent over at the waist ralphie is almost straight up there will be a level difference

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If he has a shoulder injury and not a head injury... shouldnt that be proof enough that it wasnt a head hit?

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has a shoulder injury and not a head injury... shouldnt that be proof enough that it wasnt a head hit?

If you see the replay, he falls on his right elbow, which could have caused damamge to the shoulder. He pretty much went straight down after contact. BTW, I'm still trying to figure out who spit on Kramer & Newman. :laugh3:

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
To me it looks like when he falls he takes the impact to his elbows first? Credit to Stoll tough son of a bitch to jump up that fast and act like nothings happened haha