• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuries to Kings

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The five million dollar glass man needs to return ASAP.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wonder if it's Raffie and the Sharks that are requesting the in person hearing. Based on his reputation they may feel they are better off stating their case in a face to face hearing.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't like how Torres leans in his shoulder. It just looks a lot like many of his other hits that have resulted in head injuries. His reputation will earn him a suspension.

Last edited by a moderator:

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was borderline, I wouldn't say clean. If it wasnt his 100th dirty hit I don't think he would get suspended.

I don't even think it should have been a penalty. Have seen a LOT worse shit than this happening in each game of each series. Guys getting boarded left and right, and no call whatsoever.
It's because of who he is, plain and simple.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Torres was playing for the Kings and hit Pavs (3rd line C) like that we would all be pissed, I kinda agree with you but Torres is on a short leash, he knows he cant put himself in that position.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.. Wow - I thought it looked questionable, given the vaginal rules we have: shoulder down, didn't leave his feet, head was not primary area of contact - but Stoll was in a vulnerable position and his head whipped back.

That's his reputation though - I am wondering if he's going back east to try and manage the process a bit rather than leaving it up to banahan. Hopefully his penalty minutes this year will figure in.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Torres was playing for the Kings and hit Pavs (3rd line C) like that we would all be pissed, I kinda agree with you but Torres is on a short leash, he knows he cant put himself in that position.

I don't know...I saw some good LA hits last night, and that's exactly what I said...Good hit by the Kings.
I've watched the hit a bunch of times, and it happened so quick, at high speed, and I see zero intention of him targeting the head.
Go back to the Kings-Sharks series a couple seasons ago where Stoll smashed Ian White's face into the glass. What did he get, 1 game?? That was far worse than this....

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't know...I saw some good LA hits last night, and that's exactly what I said...Good hit by the Kings.
I've watched the hit a bunch of times, and it happened so quick, at high speed, and I see zero intention of him targeting the head.
Go back to the Kings-Sharks series a couple seasons ago where Stoll smashed Ian White's face into the glass. What did he get, 1 game?? That was far worse than this....

Haha i actually really agree with you with that one. :lol:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Penner hit on Wingels was much more blatant head contact than the hit on Stoll and no one is even talking about it. This is nothing more than a reputation call.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bullshit that he's having a hearing and that means his Sharks career is likely over but what can you do?

Here are some pics:

GGntRc5.gif

2JN0Mtx.png

UwoT0RI.png

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@helenenothelen said:
Sharks apparently want in-person hearing for Torres. So NHL might not announce anything today

Wonder if it's Raffie and the Sharks that are requesting the in person hearing. Based on his reputation they may feel they are better off stating their case in a face to face hearing.

toot toot

Smart move by the Sharks here.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Penner hit on Wingels was much more blatant head contact than the hit on Stoll and no one is even talking about it. This is nothing more than a reputation call.

This is fact.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just captured this 5-second clip off the 720p TSN feed (best angle):

Make your own conclusions...

Last edited by a moderator:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Trying to be unbiased here...it looks bad. Torres could have easily gotten big body contact there, but instead goes for the glancing shoulder blow to the upper body (shoulder/head). That's what I don't like about the hit. It's the same type of hit that has caused head injuries in the past.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of it is due to Stoll pulling up at the last second? Had he not pulled up, perhaps it is shoulder to body. I don't like watching these hits in slow motion as it makes it look malicious when it may not have been.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brodie confirming Torres and Dougie are enroute to NYC for the hearing.