• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Initial Reactions to the loss

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so maybe this is a dumb idea, but i thought this might cheer some of us up. If not then it will get weeded out anyways. So, what were your initial reactions when the game ended?

Okay, so obviously I was doing a lot of pissing and moaning at the end of the game, but when that clock hit zero I went straight to the TV, turned it off, went to my room, and shut my door. I didn't even have to watch Ray Lewis cry.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks, I am shocked it doesn't feel real, I thought we were going to stomp them. We just came out so un prepared is was so disappointing. But if I were to choose a team to lose to it would be the Ravens, I am just glad it wasn't the Patriots.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game went from one they should have lost to one they could have won.

I went over all the "what if's" but then just started drinking.

Sucks. Moving on.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, whoever took tomorrow off, if not too drunk to handle it tomorrow, might want to go to work to get their mind off the game. But I know, you'd be operating at a low capacity due to morale or whatifs or general bad feelings.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we blame Toby for predicting we were going to win by 10+ and then betting against the spread in the vCash thing. Who's with me?! ;)

Tomikon, you're off the hook because there was no way to predict anything without messing things up. Predict a Niners win, we win. But predict the Raven's opponent, the Ravens win. So what can you do? I'd still predict a Niners win. And a Ravens' loss (rather than the opponent's win), if I were to go back to try to change fates.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea where else to put this since I don't want to go back into the GDT or Super Bowl thread. BS thread?

Moooooom.jpg

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the officiating was horrible. I think we were unprepared in the first half. I think the owner of the Saints kept us in this game by not paying the power bill. I am hoping that some good can come from this loss and we can address some holes in our team. On the plus side I thought Kaep played a great second half. Defense had a few good stops in the second half. On a side note If Akers is on our team next year I will throw up.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speechless and confused.... from start to finish. Once again we came off to slow poor start but i said to myself(others telling me live) we're a 2nd half team... but we weren't doing anything right. Then it was the LMJ fumble.... then the WTF interception by Kaep and Culliver, that POS mother fucker, constantly on the shit end of the shit stick BIG PLAYS and whats he doing? laughing and smiling, STFU and cover someone!

No Pass rush all day, constantly exploited towards Cully, terrible offensive play calls in critical moments(which I'm shock again... not!)....

Crabtree, VD, Gore(to an extent) were having good games. OL was pretty solid....

1st n goal inside the ravens 10 and we couldn't pull out the 7? It's bad, for me, when i'm looking for flags for the refs for some needed help....

I'm hurting and speechless... just so terrible.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had pass rush they just couldn't tackle the fuck. The bigger problem was Culliver and Whitner trying to cover. They were awful.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had pass rush they just couldn't tackle the fuck. The bigger problem was Culliver and Whitner trying to cover. They were awful.

Sure Ray? I wasn't seeing the pass rush at a consistent attack level from start to finsih.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the secondary really lost the game for us, every time I thought we had them on 3rd down there was a blown coverage, or something.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me what team has a consistent pass rush for the entire game? It ain't possible. This isn't Reggie White days where you can club the olinemen in the head. Also any QB or offense that can get the ball out in 2 seconds destroys the pass rush. That was the Falcons. We must have better coverage. PERIOD. Whitner and Cully were a joke.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the LMJ fumble was the biggest play of the game. Even though they were down at that point it seemed like the Niners were in complete control. The defense had just made a stop and the offense was clicking and had them on their heels. The next offensive play after the fumble was the INT. The team (Kaepernick) seemed a little bit rattled at that point. When they finally got their shit together again it was too late. They had the chance to win still, but you can't force yourself to have to play a perfect half like they did. You can't score every time you have the ball.

I will say this though... the team started off really slow since Kaep took over. If they play full games next year the way they played second halves this year.... they are gonna blow everybody out.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a monster fuck up but then so were a lot of plays. We did everything imaginable save a pick 6 or blocked punt to lose this game. Even an Akers shank was saved. We did our best to lose and it finally worked.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me what team has a consistent pass rush for the entire game? It ain't possible. This isn't Reggie White days where you can club the olinemen in the head. Also any QB or offense that can get the ball out in 2 seconds destroys the pass rush. That was the Falcons. We must have better coverage. PERIOD. Whitner and Cully were a joke.

NYG are always a team with consistent pass rush(when they're good)...

but like Yossarin said, every big 3rd down play came up, the secondary botched...

I'm mourning OK!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYG are always a team with consistent pass rush(when they're good)...

but like Yossarin said, every big 3rd down play came up, the secondary botched...

I'm mourning OK!

The Giants had zero sacks vs Ravens in week 16.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners got off to a bad start with the illegal formation call on the very first play of the game. Had the Niners gotten themselves prepared for the game, and that play stands, then perhaps the Niners get into an early lead on the Ravens instead of trailing by 15 at the end of the half?

We played from behind in all 3 postseason games, and it finally got to us. Yep, our coverages sucked and although you can't get consistent pass rush for an entire 60 minutes, we didn't put Flacco on his back more times than not. However, I'm not feeling the strategies the Niners coaching staff implemented in going about this game. The last 4 plays really cost us - this just signifies the need for better coaching because as great as Kaep is, getting plays off on time needs to improve. He's getting better at it but he can improve and the coaching could have helped him more.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep needs to work on his clock management, cadence, and red zone efficiency in the off season. All things that he can improve on and will improve on IMO. Losing 2 timeouts to poor clock management and not taking a timeout on the final play (when he could have) ended up being critical.

The loss still stings today- especially when you look at the box score and see the domination of the 49ers rushing attack and VD and Crabs both with 100+ yard games. The 49ers rarely lose when Gore rushes for over 100 yards, bud did yesterday. The James fumble and kick return for a TD were killers. A couple ill timed penalties and no-calls stung too. Shit :(

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally sat there for 5-10 minutes, didn't say anything to anyone then left. Because I had to make an hour and a half drive back to school with my girlfriend (we are both Niner fans, she is becoming a die hard fan, pacing back and forth during the last 5 minutes, screaming, jumping up and down, clapping, damn am I lucky!). Lets just say the car ride was quiet and long and sucked

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned the TV off before the Ravens took two steps on the field. The first words out of my mouth were, "If the NFL isn't going to call the obvious penalties (referring to Williams not being ejected after shoving a ref to the ground, not calling the helmet to helmet hit on Crabtree, and not calling the PI/Hold on Crabtree), there's no point watching the games anymore."

Not sure how I'm going to feel in September, but after that game last night, I can't imagine I'm going to care about the NFL as much as I used to. No legitimacy.