• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Initial CFB Playoff Rankings

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want the four best teams or the four most deserving teams?

(we should have an 8 team playoff with autobids to P5 winners, highest G6, and two at-large teams)
LMAO how can you tell they are the best when they played 4 games compared to teams that have doubled that? So what I feel at this time is that teams like Florida or Texas A&M. OSU played one worthy opponent of the 4 I just don't see how anyone can say they are better than other teams who actually played game, played through injury. So yeah i guess the 4 most deserving teams.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me Ohio State has dominated all the bad teams on their schedule and looked okay against Indiana who also hasn't played anyone of note except Ohio State and lost. So I can't say they are playing to their talent level and are unbeatable by the likes of Florida, Texas A&M or Notre Dame.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO how can you tell they are the best when they played 4 games compared to teams that have doubled that? So what I feel at this time is that teams like Florida or Texas A&M. OSU played one worthy opponent of the 4 I just don't see how anyone can say they are better than other teams who actually played game, played through injury. So yeah i guess the 4 most deserving teams.
I never said they were one of the four best. Just asked if you wanted the best or the most deserving. Because most years there's not a whole lot of overlap between those two groups.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many quarters in a football game again??
http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F_f32YqueWrek%2FSqRIQhyekbI%2FAAAAAAAAAvE%2F9Zog-bCDXBE%2Fs400%2Ffour.jpg

There are also 4 quarters in an ounce of weed. Dammit, wrong thread. :doh:

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(we should have an 8 team playoff with autobids to P5 winners, highest G6, and two at-large teams)
Both are subjective, and I would argue “most deserving” is the more subjective of the two. How can we even start to argue who is more deserving between a 1-loss team from a stronger conference vs. a 12-0 team from a weaker one or a 6-0 team that clearly has as much talent as anyone?

In any event, I agree with the 8-team model. By allowing the extra 4 teams, you mitigate some of the inherent problems in trying to get the “best 4” or “most deserving 4”. Each year in which there has been heavy debate between, say 4, 5, and maybe 6, the argument for 9 has been weak at best. 8 remains uniquely exclusive (keeping with the spirit of FBS), but sufficiently inclusive.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a bad idea. Keep it at 4 or expand it to 6; but no auto-bids!