• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Indiana wins the Internet with their Lebron chant.....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spit out my drink this morning when watching highlights and with Brandon Ingram shooting free throws — Pacers fans start the chant — “Lebron’s gonna trade you”:pound:

I was such a big LeBron fan, but I don’t know how anyone can put him in the best ever talks. He literally does the same thing — jumps from team to team trying to stack the deck with the best players.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spit out my drink this morning when watching highlights and with Brandon Ingram shooting free throws — Pacers fans start the chant — “Lebron’s gonna trade you”:pound:

I was such a big LeBron fan, but I don’t know how anyone can put him in the best ever talks. He literally does the same thing — jumps from team to team trying to stack the deck with the best players.
Funny. He’s easily top 3 ever. But he had to jump around. If he stayed in Cleveland until now, he probably never get Kyrie or Love and probably never wins a title. I don’t fault him for moving around. It’s a different day and age.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. He’s easily top 3 ever. But he had to jump around. If he stayed in Cleveland until now, he probably never get Kyrie or Love and probably never wins a title. I don’t fault him for moving around. It’s a different day and age.

I agree — I’d put him in the top 3-5, but he knows he isn’t a guy who is going to carry a team and he needs to be surrounded with other superstars to win a title.

It is why he left to Miami to finally win one. Then once he saw Miami wasn’t going to be good enough, he came back to Cleveland for one reason (Kyrie and two other #1 overall picks they could trade for Love). Once Cleveland wasn’t going to be a contender, he jumps to LA.

That’s why it was so humorous to hear the Indiana fans, because it is absolutely true.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree — I’d put him in the top 3-5, but he knows he isn’t a guy who is going to carry a team and he needs to be surrounded with other superstars to win a title.
It is why he left to Miami to finally win one. Then once he saw Miami wasn’t going to be good enough, he came back to Cleveland for one reason (Kyrie and two other #1 overall picks they could trade for Love). Once Cleveland wasn’t going to be a contender, he jumps to LA.
That’s why it was so humorous to hear the Indiana fans, because it is absolutely true.
Even Jordan didn't win titles until the Bulls got some top talent as well as useful role players around him....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Jordan didn't win titles until the Bulls got some top talent as well as useful role players around him....

And Jordan never had to play against a team with 4 All-Stars and 2-3 Hall of Famers.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jordan never had to play against a team with 4 All-Stars and 2-3 Hall of Famers.

Durant has been on GSW for two years. Lebron has been in the league for 15 or 16 years.

I love all the excuses for Lebron. Utah Jazz had two HOF’ers (Stockton and Malone), Lakers had 3 HOF’ers (Magic, Kareem, Worthy), Boston had multiple HOF’ers (Bird, McHale, Parish)

The only difference in the league from 20 years ago to today — the elite players back then wanted to beat the others considered the best and jumping from team to team didn’t happen. Today’s NBA — the best players demand trades and team up with other elite players to try and build superteams. Only problem is — GSW built their team thru the draft, so they had room to bring on Durant too.

Other difference — there is no such thing as physical play today. You breathe on a player and you get whistled for a foul and players flop around like it is soccer, whether they are fouled or not. A team like the Pistons 20 or so years ago, who dominated for a few years wouldn’t have a team by the 2nd half in today’s NBA. They punished teams.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant has been on GSW for two years. Lebron has been in the league for 15 or 16 years.

OK? Not sure what your point is here.

I love all the excuses for Lebron. Utah Jazz had two HOF’ers (Stockton and Malone), Lakers had 3 HOF’ers (Magic, Kareem, Worthy), Boston had multiple HOF’ers (Bird, McHale, Parish)

What do those Lakers and Celtics teams have to do with Jordan? IIRC, those Celtics and Lakers routinely split championships with each other. Which is my point.
The only difference in the league from 20 years ago to today — the elite players back then wanted to beat the others considered the best and jumping from team to team didn’t happen. Today’s NBA — the best players demand trades and team up with other elite players to try and build superteams. Only problem is — GSW built their team thru the draft, so they had room to bring on Durant too.

The only difference between then and now is that players have vastly more power than they did in the 80s and 90s.

Other difference — there is no such thing as physical play today. You breathe on a player and you get whistled for a foul and players flop around like it is soccer, whether they are fouled or not. A team like the Pistons 20 or so years ago, who dominated for a few years wouldn’t have a team by the 2nd half in today’s NBA. They punished teams.

Yeah. Teams were less about basketball and more about violence back then. Sounds awesome.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's simply not accurate with the Lakers. Whether or not they had signed Lebron, they would still be aggressively chasing AD.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This post screams, "I know nothing about basketball" LOL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do those Lakers and Celtics teams have to do with Jordan? IIRC, those Celtics and Lakers routinely split championships with each other.

I think it was to support Jordan's dominance. By the time of Jordan's first championship (1991), Jabbar was retired and Magic was in his final year before retiring with HIV. Bird retired after basically a half season in 91/92 after dealing with injuries for years, and McHale retired after 92/93. There were new emerging stars to deal with, but the noted legends were quickly fading out of the league.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was to support Jordan's dominance. By the time of Jordan's first championship (1991), Jabbar was retired and Magic was in his final year before retiring with HIV. Bird retired after basically a half season in 91/92 after dealing with injuries for years, and McHale retired after 92/93. There were new emerging stars to deal with, but the noted legends were quickly fading out of the league.

He was dominant. But he also didn't face the level of competition that those Lakers and Celtics teams did.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post screams, "I know nothing about basketball" LOL

He has done exactly what I said he has done.

Couldn’t win a title in Cleveland — leaves Cleveland to try and stack the deck with Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade in Miami. While literally holding a 2 hour special to give his hometown the middle finger on ESPN.

Bosh and Wade are slipping, so he jumps back to Cleveland, who now has Kyrie Irving and enough ammo to trade for Kevin Love. 2nd attempt to stack the deck.

Kyrie gets tired of playing with him and after Boston fleeces Cleveland in a trade, Lebron jumps ship again hoping to build a super team in LA. Only problem is kwahi was traded to Toronto instead, Paul George signed with OKC and Durant stayed with GSW.

I loved Lebron James when he came out of High School — I have a framed Jersey from his rookie year autographed in my basement. I just lost a lot of respect for him after the ESPN special and how he has jumped from team to team trying stack the deck.

Great player. One of the top 5 players all time. But he will never be in the discussion as the GOAT, IMO. His teams literally have a losing record in the NBA finals and the only reason he made it so many times to the NBA finals is he played in the East.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has done exactly what I said he has done.

Couldn’t win a title in Cleveland — leaves Cleveland to try and stack the deck with Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade in Miami. While literally holding a 2 hour special to give his hometown the middle finger on ESPN.

Bosh and Wade are slipping, so he jumps back to Cleveland, who now has Kyrie Irving and enough ammo to trade for Kevin Love. 2nd attempt to stack the deck.

Kyrie gets tired of playing with him and after Boston fleeces Cleveland in a trade, Lebron jumps ship again hoping to build a super team in LA. Only problem is kwahi was traded to Toronto instead, Paul George signed with OKC and Durant stayed with GSW.

I loved Lebron James when he came out of High School — I have a framed Jersey from his rookie year autographed in my basement. I just lost a lot of respect for him after the ESPN special and how he has jumped from team to team trying stack the deck.

Great player. One of the top 5 players all time. But he will never be in the discussion as the GOAT, IMO. His teams literally have a losing record in the NBA finals and the only reason he made it so many times to the NBA finals is he played in the East.

If you watch his videos out the door he talks shit about CLE. He said it was hard to get players to CLE, and it will be easy to get players to LA. Not a smart move considering he still lives in BATH, OH in the offseason. Lebrons problem is he is not very smart. Great basketball player, but thinks too highly of himself when it comes to managing a team, being the coach and making trades...Plus it turns out players just don't like him for the most part. It's not the location, it's him! Kyrie resigned with the Cavs before Lebron came back, and couldn't wait to get out once Lebron was here.

It's why a lot of people hate him in MIA, CLE and soon to be LA....He should just play and stop over thinking the game. Let management do their job.

All his antics is why he won't be GOAT. I don't miss the drama anymore either

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Celtics had Bird, McHale, Parish & Dennis Johnson. The Lakers had Magic, KAJ & James Worthy. The Pistons had Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars & Dennis Rodman. The 76ers had Dr. J., Moses Malone & Mo Cheeks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics had Bird, McHale, Parish & Dennis Johnson. The Lakers had Magic, KAJ & James Worthy. The Pistons had Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars & Dennis Rodman.

How many times did he beat any of those teams?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics had Bird, McHale, Parish & Dennis Johnson. The Lakers had Magic, KAJ & James Worthy. The Pistons had Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars & Dennis Rodman. The 76ers had Dr. J., Moses Malone & Mo Cheeks.
That's the 1980s, Jordan didn't win any rings vs those guys and when he did beat the Lakers they were older than hell.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times did he beat any of those teams?

All you said was MJ never played against a team that had All Stars or HOF caliber players. Now if you only meant MJ's career in the 90's that's a different story. But to say he never faced a team w/ All Stars & HOFers is incorrect.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the 1980s, Jordan didn't win any rings vs those guys and when he did beat the Lakers they were older than hell.

Very true. But no time table in the comment I originally responded to was given for teams MJ played against. That's why I mentioned those teams from the 80's.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you said was MJ never played against a team that had All Stars or HOF caliber players. Now if you only meant MJ's career in the 90's that's a different story. But to say he never faced a team w/ All Stars & HOFers is incorrect.
You win the Mr. Pedantic Award for today. You win $3.98. Not $4.00, not four bucks, not almost $4, you win $3.98

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. But no time table in the comment I originally responded to was given for teams MJ played against. That's why I mentioned those teams from the 80's.
See below come get your check