• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Incognito still out of a job. really nfl?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ochosinko beat the crap out his girlfriend before he ended up in the Canadian league. Yep, money DV is commonplace for sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Domestic violence is commonplace in the NFL. Brandon Marshall has at least 6 documented cases of beating the crap out of his woman. Nobody cared. The only reason anyone cares about Rice is because the video was leaked. I mean...does anyone care about Greg Hardy? His case is worse the Rice's.

What I meant is any domestic violence case I would not want the player on my team. I hated having Brandon Marshall on the Broncos knowing some of the things he did. I liked what he brought on the field but it doesn't mean I have to like the player. I have liked Ray Rice as a player but obviously did not know him as a person. This incident hasn't ruined what he can do on the field but now can't stand the guy. Same with Greg Hardy and any other NFL player that decides to lay a hand on a woman.

Now this doesn't mean I can stand Icognito either as I think he is a jerk of a human being. I think he can offer a lot on the field for quite a few teams so I am sure he will find a job. Doesn't mean I have to like him even if he does land on the Broncos. I can like what he does on the field if he helps bring a Lombardi to the Broncos but it would take a lot for me to like him off the field.

Every team has some of those kind of players. Just comes with the territory.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the black players on his own team were standing up for him saying this whole situation was being blown out of proportion so I don't see another team having trouble taking him in. At this point it comes down to the PR nightmare it would be for a team to bring him in.

Honestly I am surprised the whole Ray Rice thing hasn't been a bigger deal than it has and that he isn't being blacklisted like that of Icognito. I would say beating your wife to the point of unconsciousness is a bit more serious than bullying a teammate. Both are bad but I as a fan would rather have Icognito on my team way before a guy like Ray Rice after what he did.

Did you read the transcript? I never saw one single thing he said that I'd consider bullying. The other dude needed (and apparently got) help from a mental health professional. It's hard to understand how such a gigantic pussy with major social anxiety could have made it to the NFL.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guarantee you there are bigger locker room cancers in the league and in the grand scheme of things the whole situation surrounding him is so ridiculous and miniscule compared to other problems in the league. Plenty of teams could use this guy, there's no reason other than fear of the media circus (PC police) for teams to avoid this guy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the transcript? I never saw one single thing he said that I'd consider bullying. The other dude needed (and apparently got) help from a mental health professional. It's hard to understand how such a gigantic pussy with major social anxiety could have made it to the NFL.

I've read parts of it. He has had plenty of other incidents beyond just what went down in Miami to show the guy is just a plain ol jerk. Now given I'm sure there are plenty of jerks that play in the NFL. Most of these guys have Egos the size of Chicago so it doesn't surprise me with some of the things that happen. Again why I would rather have a guy like Icognito on my team with some of nasty attitude on the field than that of a guy like Ray Rice who at least beat his wife once. That usually isn't an isolated type incident though. A guy doesn't usually just one day decide I'm going to beat my wife unconscious and then the next go "oh wow I made a horrible mistake and will never do that to her again."

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because he has some size, some football talent, and a willingness to do what a team and coach want.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant is any domestic violence case I would not want the player on my team. I hated having Brandon Marshall on the Broncos knowing some of the things he did. I liked what he brought on the field but it doesn't mean I have to like the player. I have liked Ray Rice as a player but obviously did not know him as a person. This incident hasn't ruined what he can do on the field but now can't stand the guy. Same with Greg Hardy and any other NFL player that decides to lay a hand on a woman.

Now this doesn't mean I can stand Icognito either as I think he is a jerk of a human being. I think he can offer a lot on the field for quite a few teams so I am sure he will find a job. Doesn't mean I have to like him even if he does land on the Broncos. I can like what he does on the field if he helps bring a Lombardi to the Broncos but it would take a lot for me to like him off the field.

Every team has some of those kind of players. Just comes with the territory.

I didn't like Rice (even before this incident), but I won't judge him. Hell...DUI's are worse than most cases of domestic violence. I'm not judging either...I've had one. If what happened in that elevator was the lowpoint of Rice's life, than my lowpoint is lower. Nobody should be judged by their lowest point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the black players on his own team were standing up for him saying this whole situation was being blown out of proportion so I don't see another team having trouble taking him in. At this point it comes down to the PR nightmare it would be for a team to bring him in.

Honestly I am surprised the whole Ray Rice thing hasn't been a bigger deal than it has and that he isn't being blacklisted like that of Icognito. I would say beating your wife to the point of unconsciousness is a bit more serious than bullying a teammate. Both are bad but I as a fan would rather have Icognito on my team way before a guy like Ray Rice after what he did.

SOME of the black players that actually said anything did speaking positively about him, but on the whole I can't see him being embraced in too many locker rooms.

Rice...to be honest idk all the details, but it looked real bad...had to be something untold for him to only get 2 games.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOME of the black players that actually said anything did speaking positively about him, but on the whole I can't see him being embraced in too many locker rooms.

Rice...to be honest idk all the details, but it looked real bad...had to be something untold for him to only get 2 games.

It's not any worse than any of the other countless incidents. This instance just came with video.

BTW...I'm pretty sure 2 games is the harshest suspension ever given for a domestic violence incident.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and now for this lighter moment

75766ec0-1800-11e4-a208-e54e8759f740_PEYTON-TACKLED.gif

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Rice (even before this incident), but I won't judge him. Hell...DUI's are worse than most cases of domestic violence. I'm not judging either...I've had one. If what happened in that elevator was the lowpoint of Rice's life, than my lowpoint is lower. Nobody should be judged by their lowest point.

I agree DUI's should be a major issue in the NFL. I think first offense should be 4-game suspension and grow from there.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent the better part of an afternoon reading that entire transcript. I went into it thinking it would crucify Incognito and by the time I was done, I was wishing I had the dude for a friend.
The guy seems like he'd be fun to party with.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well G&G, if you referring to Peyton and the party having alcohol, you won't find him there. He doesn't do partying when there is alcohol involved even if he is not drinking and he is more of a home body these days.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree DUI's should be a major issue in the NFL. I think first offense should be 4-game suspension and grow from there.

Just ask Leonard Little who got drunk one Saturday night before a game and killed a man he hit on the way home back when he was still playing. I think he would agree the punitive assessment should be more extensive than just 4 games.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders could use this piece of shit, he will fit right in.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incognito, a good, potentially above average nfl olineman (he made the probowl in 2012) Is still without a job.

He is essentially blacklisted from the nfl, he didn't knock his fiance unconscious, then drag her limp body around. He didn't run over someone while drunk/high killing them, he didn't shoot himself while in a club, he didn't go to jail for a dog killing ring, He didn't get busted for drugs, he didn't get busted for steroids, he didn't get arrested for anything.......what he did was he was mean to a 300 pound grown ass man and got tattled on.

And he's basically blacklisted from the league, anyone else with me finding this crazy.

Theres no team out there with oline probs?

Glad "getting accused of r*pe twice" wasn't included in your list…