• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Incident" at Boston Marathon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking down the power plants with a bomb (it would have to be a big one not something stored in a back pack) would shut down pretty much the entire Northeast, Ontario, and Quebec.

A couple small ones placed well could do it. I imagine if someone took the time to plan out such a thing, they would have also looked at any schematics of the plant they could have to find its weak points.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking down the power plants with a bomb (it would have to be a big one not something stored in a back pack) would shut down pretty much the entire Northeast, Ontario, and Quebec.

So we're supposed to automatically suspect every person driving through the area with Mass. tags on their car.

Over. Reaction.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep just read the 5th paragraph.

Teen stunned at portrayal as Mass. bombing suspect | Boston Herald

And it is so sad that with the Atlanta bombings there are still people to this day that think Richard Jewell did it. Lets hope this kid hopefully doesn't go through this the rest of his life!

It is worth noting that none of the amateur sleuthing done out in the open and splashed all over the Internet identified the proper suspects.

This is why you STFU and do these investigations in secret. That way, when you are wrong (and you will be at some time) the only damage is to your ego.

how do you go from this to killing innocent americans?

Will Box For Passport-05.jpg | Johannes Hirn

If he wins enough fights there, Tamerlan says he could be selected for the US Olympic team and be naturalized American. Unless his native Chechnya becomes independent, Tamerlan says he would rather compete for the United States than for Russia

fuck!?

These two had been here longer than they were there and they came here as refugees. So it's not all that surprising that they wouldn't have great feelings towards Russia. There was a report that their father was a public figure and was forced into exile. No idea how true it is.

No point in trying to guess what the motivation was, and no point in condemning an entire ethnicity/region because of these two.

Just wait. We'll know the details soon enough.

Fucking hand grenades. Damn

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is worth noting that none of the amateur sleuthing done out in the open and splashed all over the Internet identified the proper suspects.

This is why you STFU and do these investigations in secret. That way, when you are wrong (and you will be at some time) the only damage is to your ego.

These two had been here longer than they were there and they came here as refugees. So it's not all that surprising that they wouldn't have great feelings towards Russia. There was a report that their father was a public figure and was forced into exile. No idea how true it is.

No point in trying to guess what the motivation was, and no point in condemning an entire ethnicity/region because of these two.

Just wait. We'll know the details soon enough.

Fucking hand grenades. Damn

Exactly. We have no way of knowing the reality of their situation. The one was 19 years old at at that age can be easily influenced.

sabre0917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So we're supposed to automatically suspect every person driving through the area with Mass. tags on their car.

Over. Reaction.

I don't think pulling them over had anything to do with mass licence plates. The media hyped that up. oh well now the media has ended the hype now.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple small ones placed well could do it. I imagine if someone took the time to plan out such a thing, they would have also looked at any schematics of the plant they could have to find its weak points.

A squirrel did it ad blacked out an entire grid from Ohio to New York.

So wait, we've jumped from "Tourists in a tourist area" to "ZOMG! POWER GRID!"

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. There are a few good private schools here in CLT, but they're PRICEY. Have some friends that live across the state line in SC. They like to mention how they live in the best school district in all of SC. I like to remind them that that's the equivalent of being the tallest midget.
Yeah, my comparison was a bit exaggerated...for instance, the Bolles School here is a top rated school in the country, at the tune of $20K+ per year.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspect is in custody. He has something in his right hand. Possible "deadman, switch." Wearing a vest
Police saying this is NOT Suspect 2 but appears to be a man in his 60-70s wearing a device and carrying a transmitter

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to bed and shit gets real. OH man. Pens and B's game in jeopardy this evening too. Pens were told to stay inside the apartment. Light hearted idea: Send some Malkin autographs to get the guy talking.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suspect is in custody. He has something in his right hand. Possible "deadman, switch." Wearing a vest
Police saying this is NOT Suspect 2 but appears to be a man in his 60-70s wearing a device and carrying a transmitter

Where the f did that come from?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go to bed and shit gets real. OH man. Pens and B's game in jeopardy this evening too. Pens were told to stay inside the apartment. Light hearted idea: Send some Malkin autographs to get the guy talking.

bomber probably likes sid better

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is storming where I am at so my direct tv keeps going in and out. So the person they have surrounded in watertown is not the one of the two bombers.

Referring to the car with the bomb?

Last edited by a moderator:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is storming where I am at so my direct tv keeps going in and out. So the person they have surrounded in watertown is not the one of the two bombers.

It appears that way. Supposedly a presser is coming soon.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh boy :L

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud now "They grew up in US. It's (the result of) their American upbringing" - Checnya prez Kadyrov, jamming his foot further into his mouth

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Referring to the car with the bomb?

I would assume that the place in Watertown is a place known to be associated with him or his brother, seems unlikely to me with the chase and escape that he went there.

oh boy :L

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud now "They grew up in US. It's (the result of) their American upbringing" - Checnya prez Kadyrov, jamming his foot further into his mouth

Poor way of stating it, Kadyrov, but the fact remains they were here longer than they were there. It is possible that the fact they are Chechen descent has something to do with it, but at this point it's just as likely that they are Yankees fans and that's what caused them to do it.

NO ONE KNOWS. STOP TALKING MEDIA IDIOTS.

"A wise man talks because he has something to say. A fool because he has to say something."

-Plato

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would assume that the place in Watertown is a place known to be associated with him or his brother, seems unlikely to me with the chase and escape that he went there.

Poor way of stating it, Kadyrov, but the fact remains they were here longer than they were there. It is possible that the fact they are Chechen descent has something to do with it, but at this point it's just as likely that they are Yankees fans and that's what caused them to do it.

"A wise man talks because he has something to say. A fool because he has to say something."

-Plato

EXACTLY!!

I thought the same thing after the 9/11 attacks. The media, and the gvt. to a degree, pounded their chest and screamed from the rooftops how they were going after this person and that person and blah blah blah.

A couple months later they move into Afghanistan and, lo and behold, all their targets had gone to ground. I guess someone tipped them off. :noidea:

In instances like these they should play it close to the vest and covertly identify and apprehend the guilty parties. Puts less people at risk, is more effective and you don't get the bizarre media obliteration of people's reputation.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY!!

I thought the same thing after the 9/11 attacks. The media, and the gvt. to a degree, pounded their chest and screamed from the rooftops how they were going after this person and that person and blah blah blah.

A couple months later they move into Afghanistan and, lo and behold, all their targets had gone to ground. I guess someone tipped them off. :noidea:

In instances like these they should play it close to the vest and covertly identify and apprehend the guilty parties. Puts less people at risk, is more effective and you don't get the bizarre media obliteration of people's reputation.

Could not agree more.

When were we as citizens given the right to know every detail of things like this? I abhor the 24 hour new cycle. Absolutely freakin' hate it.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-Plato

Thanks and so true!

BTW here is another good one all media outlets should hold dear:

Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent - Proverbs 17:28