• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In this COVID season, would any coach firings be "fair"?

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a number of high profile coaches who in a normal season would be under intense pressure of being fired.

Jim Harbaugh has vastly underperformed in his tenure at Michigan. Chip Kelly, Scott Frost and Dino Babers were supposed to turn their respective programs around. James Franklin is having the worst season Penn State has had in decades.

But this is not a normal season. So, would it be unfair to any coach to make the decision to replace them this season?

IMO, I don't think there will be any major firings this year as I think just about every coach will get a pass on this season regardless how underwhelming their team has played.
I think they should certainly take the circumstances this year under consideration, but I don't think that will completely prevent any major firings.

I think Jim Harbaugh had mostly done a good job at Michigan until this year, but being at Michigan that expectations are obviously really high and he didn't quite hit them. I think he will get fired at the end of the year unless he can somehow manage to beat Ohio State.