• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In Rod We Trust

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Not sure a 1 quarter has ever been dominated like that one tonight. Thanks to the K for leaving 3 on the field. Then things changed. It wasn't all great I know but damn we got some young dudes growing up out there.

First off great game for Dak and Butler. Dez with one of the best efforts I've ever seen on a play. Zeke and the OLine finally got going. Still a lot of work to be done.

Demarcus wow. 27 and 25 are gonna make some mistakes but damn they made some plays tonight.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn - just looked at the stats. I will just say there is only one that matters and we got it.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLaw continuing to make me look like a genius.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really impressed with JLew. Keep in mind, this dude had no training camp, no preseason. Pretty much thrown in the fire and he has looked outstanding considering. One of the surest tackling CBs the Cowboys have had in a long time. Just imagine how good he could become once he watches more film and learns the defense.

Also really impressed with Ryan Switzer. This guy is gonna be a problem for opposing teams on Special Teams. A serious problem. I believe he gives us a dynamic we haven't had since Deion.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just the sacks. He is wrecking things. I love the rookie DBs and I think the best one is still hurt.
Yep, the pressure he's bringing is just on another level. As Cowboy fans, we have to be a little disappointed in the way the defense has played the last two weeks, but trust me when I say, this defense is a work in progress. Probably won't start playing well till around November. Unless health prevents it, the defense could be really good by season's end.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really impressed with JLew. Keep in mind, this dude had no training camp, no preseason. Pretty much thrown in the fire and he has looked outstanding considering. One of the surest tackling CBs the Cowboys have had in a long time. Just imagine how good he could become once he watches more film and learns the defense.

Also really impressed with Ryan Switzer. This guy is gonna be a problem for opposing teams on Special Teams. A serious problem. I believe he gives us a dynamic we haven't had since Deion.

I thought Switzer was a huge key to that W. He will break a couple this year I think. Just proud of our team. I know parts were ugly and we are a work in progress but that is what makes it fun. Another tough one coming up.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of ATL last year. A good young defense that really struggled for most of the season but really came on strong towards the end of the year. Hoping the Cowboys will be the same.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jourdan Lewis and Sean Lee having hamstring issues.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the pressure he's bringing is just on another level. As Cowboy fans, we have to be a little disappointed in the way the defense has played the last two weeks, but trust me when I say, this defense is a work in progress. Probably won't start playing well till around November. Unless health prevents it, the defense could be really good by season's end.

No doubt. The first quarter was bad. I thought after that though the defense kept us in it long enough to get the O going. That 3-2-6 look was impressive.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I was hoping it was cramps

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Not sure a 1 quarter has ever been dominated like that one tonight. Thanks to the K for leaving 3 on the field. Then things changed. It wasn't all great I know but damn we got some young dudes growing up out there.

First off great game for Dak and Butler. Dez with one of the best efforts I've ever seen on a play. Zeke and the OLine finally got going. Still a lot of work to be done.

Demarcus wow. 27 and 25 are gonna make some mistakes but damn they made some plays tonight.

Things changed when Marinelli made a long needed adjustment and put 6 dbs on the field. This same formation was very effective late last season. Before that the secondary was getting torched. 27 is going to be a force for us and so is 25. These two rookies are only going to get better. Jourdan Lewis was a 1st round talent IMO. Yes he got fooled a few times, but overall did very well for only his second game. From what I see the Cowboys finally have the athletes in the secondary to use 6 dbs often. Abuzie is a freak. Hopefully Carroll hits his head again real soon.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win. The Cardinals offense isn't very good without David Johnson, and this defense scared me at times tonight. Love the pressure up front. Once Lewis, Awuzie and Woods get up to speed and supplant some of the other guys (namely Heath and Carrol), this secondary will improve drastically.

Can't wait for Woods to replace Heath at S. Heath is just very bad. I can't say it any simpler.

Also can't wait for Awuzie to take over the role of "match-up guy" from Jones. Cowboys need to commit to one role for Jones, either he's a S or a CB. Dallas has always asked him to do too much, and I think it has been very detrimental to his development.

And maybe it's just me, but Jones' technique in man coverage still needs work - for some reason he likes to get in between the QB and WR then he turns his back to the QB to mirror the WR, instead of keeping the play in front of him. Jones never has his eyes on the ball in these situations, just the WR's face. Good QBs can and do take advantage of him in these situations. I think it also has something to do with his lack of interceptions. I find it strange, and would like to see it corrected.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win. The Cardinals offense isn't very good without David Johnson, and this defense scared me at times tonight. Love the pressure up front. Once Lewis, Awuzie and Woods get up to speed and supplant some of the other guys (namely Heath and Carrol), this secondary will improve drastically.

Can't wait for Woods to replace Heath at S. Heath is just very bad. I can't say it any simpler.

Also can't wait for Awuzie to take over the role of "match-up guy" from Jones. Cowboys need to commit to one role for Jones, either he's a S or a CB. Dallas has always asked him to do too much, and I think it has been very detrimental to his development.

And maybe it's just me, but Jones' technique in man coverage still needs work - for some reason he likes to get in between the QB and WR then he turns his back to the QB to mirror the WR, instead of keeping the play in front of him. Jones never has his eyes on the ball in these situations, just the WR's face. Good QBs can and do take advantage of him in these situations. I think it also has something to do with his lack of interceptions. I find it strange, and would like to see it corrected.
These young DBs need to keep getting better. So far so good. They all are showing growing pains (as expected), but more importantly some ability as well. Carroll should have a minimal role once healthy. Doubt he is on the team next year. Will take a little longer, but I think Woods plays more and more as well as the year goes on. First he'll pass Frazier and then Heath. All things considered Lewis has been very impressive. Going to be hard to get him off the field and Awuzie better get healthy quick because Lewis may have just passed him by for now.

Not sure why you dog Jones so much. Guy is playing well this year and played well last night. Of course he wasn't great last week, but others were much worse. He is a safety for this team. There is no question or lack of commitment to that. It's just that in certain packages he plays the slot because he has the talent to do it and like all players when there are injuries, you need to compensate - when you have Frazier on the field in coverage you need to minimize his responsibility. But, his talent may always have him matching up with WRs from time to time like a lot of safeties do depending on the defense the team is in for that play because he can. Honey Badger was on Beasley a lot last night and he is a safety. These safeties are becoming more and more hybrid type players. Your base defense isn't run every play.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was going to agree 100% until I reread and it said health not Heath.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Anthony Brown but he was getting worked in that game.
I think He played pretty well overall. He had a couple big plays he let up, but no one was stopping that TD in the corner. DB is such a hard position. You are judged on a few plays and you're out there all night. Lewis should have been beat for a big late TD that would have changed how we looked at his outing, but Palmer missed the throw.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These young DBs need to keep getting better. So far so good. They all are showing growing pains (as expected), but more importantly some ability as well. Carroll should have a minimal role once healthy. Doubt he is on the team next year. Will take a little longer, but I think Woods plays more and more as well as the year goes on. First he'll pass Frazier and then Heath. All things considered Lewis has been very impressive. Going to be hard to get him off the field and Awuzie better get healthy quick because Lewis may have just passed him by for now.

Not sure why you dog Jones so much. He is a safety for this team. There is no question or lack of commitment to that. It's just that in certain packages he plays the slot because he has the talent to do it and like all players when there are injuries, you need to compensate - when you have Frazier on the field in coverage you need to minimize his responsibility. But, his talent may always have him matching up with WRs from time to time like a lot of safeties do depending on the defense the team is in for that play because he can. Honey Badger was on Beasley a lot last night and he is a safety. These safeties are becoming more and more hybrid type players. Your base defense isn't run every play.

I don't think I dog Jones. I have, what I feel are valid critiques, but I am a fan. I have praised him plenty on this board. I also try to remain objective about his play to this point in his career.

I don't think it's dogging Byron Jones to say that Dallas has asked too much of him. My criticism of his technique is just an observation, don't see how it was overly harsh.

I understand the Cowboys D has limitations in other areas, such as the other S spot, and sometimes that necessitates Jones being moved around to plug a gap. Jones is capable and versatile, sure, but he still has a lot to learn at the FS position. If the Cowboys are committed to keeping Byron there, then he needs to be playing back there and not up on the line as often as he does. Jones and the Cowboys would be better for it, IMO. Because when Jones is up on the line, we have the likes of Heath and Frazier in the back half, and that's just dumb. That's why I can't wait for Awuzie to find his stride, because he can alleviate some of those responsibilities from Jones. Awuzie can be that guy in the box we can match up against a RB/TE/WR as needed, leaving Jones to sure up the back end.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the things the team likes the most about Jones is his ability to match up against TEs. I think that is a big part of why he plays closer to the line so often and why Heath is generally the guy deep when they go cover one. I don't think that is going to change. hopefully Woods takes that role from Heath.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your ln point. The defense will get better barring injury. However, Orlando and heath have to be upgraded after the season.