• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In other NFL news. Incognito is off his meds again

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin was too soft for the NFL. I don't condone all of what Incognito did but people like Martin don't have to toughness both mental and physical to succeed in the NFL.

Reactions: GNG

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incognito will be unemployed next year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally it sounded like Incognito was totally at fault but after reading that transcript I can definitely concur that Martin is a little bitch.

Reactions: GNG

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, remember that case with that guy whose parents are lifelong Ivy league attorneys?

Here is Jonathan Martin a couple days after he was so traumatically treated.

Martin.gif

Interesting fact.

His parents are both Ivy League attorneys.

His mother.....Jane Howard-Martin

Howard-Martin now is a corporate lawyer for Toyota in Los Angeles. But for nearly two decades she litigated employment-law cases, spoke at legal symposiums as an expert on the subject and wrote articles for legal journals with ambitious headlines like, "A Critical Analysis of Judicial Opinions in Professional Employment Discrimination Cases."

She also wrote a cautionary USA Today article in 2002 that applies directly to her son's current issue. Its headline: "Stop workplace harassment in your company."

Jane%20Howard%20Martin.%20Photo%20by%20Alfredo%20Flores.%20Congressional%20Black%20Caucus%20Foundation%20Inaugural%20Gala%20%26%20Celebration.%20Capital%20Hilton%20Hotel.%20January%2021,%202013-L.jpg

So, let us go over some of the facts shall we? One, most of the Dolphins team including the black players defended....Incognito. Huh.

Jonathan Martin claimed to be so distraught that he was seen yucking it up at his alma mater game.

His mother (Ivy league mind you) with her "hyphenated name" spent over 20 years litigating against work place harassment.

There you go.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Martin claimed to be so distraught that he was seen yucking it up at his alma mater game.

Uhhh, yeah...

I don't think there was any sinister plot by his "evile, blood-sucking, Ivy-league-lawyer parents who are probably commies."

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the only reason Incognito would still be in the NFL and not Martin (Had that actually been correct) is because he somehow wasn't wrong in what happened in Miami? :L

How about the NFL keeps the best players, bad records and all? Whether or not Martin was victimized has no bearing on which is the clearly better player. At the end of the day teams are about winning. They will keep the Incognito's, Hardy's, Suh's, etc if it wins them games. If Martin does end up cut it's because that team doesn't see him helping them win. Has nothing to do with that BS down in Miami.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin can play in the NFL.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the only reason Incognito would still be in the NFL and not Martin (Had that actually been correct) is because he somehow wasn't wrong in what happened in Miami? :L

How about the NFL keeps the best players, bad records and all? Whether or not Martin was victimized has no bearing on which is the clearly better player. At the end of the day teams are about winning. They will keep the Incognito's, Hardy's, Suh's, etc if it wins them games. If Martin does end up cut it's because that team doesn't see him helping them win. Has nothing to do with that BS down in Miami.
That incident in Miami had more to do with Martin's fragile ego than Incognito's supposed bullying.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That incident in Miami had more to do with Martin's fragile ego than Incognito's supposed bullying.
Your opinion not withstanding, what does that have to do with who will play longer in the NFL? Nothing.

I wasn't there so I'll leave the arm chair accusing to those who enjoy that sort of thing.

Football is a game of athletes. Not being able to put up with bullying doesn't parlay into not being able to take the physical punishment of the game. Nor does it directly correlate to handling the mental and emotional stresses of the game. It's a different thing entirely.

Someone dug up this old thread to say RI being on a team today and Martin not somehow proved who was right. It is a fallacious argument. RI is just a better football player, even if he is a far worse human being. Surprise! we have assholes that flourish in the NFL. Is that really news?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion not withstanding, what does that have to do with who will play longer in the NFL.
I believe a person needs to be mentally tough to have a long career in the NFL so my statement is relevant.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion not withstanding, what does that have to do with who will play longer in the NFL? Nothing.

I wasn't there so I'll leave the arm chair accusing to those who enjoy that sort of thing.

Football is a game of athletes. Not being able to put up with bullying doesn't parlay into not being able to take the physical punishment of the game. Nor does it directly correlate to handling the mental and emotional stresses of the game. It's a different thing entirely.

Someone dug up this old thread to say RI being on a team today and Martin not somehow proved who was right. It is a fallacious argument. RI is just a better football player, even if he is a far worse human being. Surprise! we have assholes that flourish in the NFL. Is that really news?
(Sigh) until the draft, this is news.....