• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In other News..........

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does the Dak Prescott chants start?

Seriously this kid should be the starter.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I know it's preseason but he was torching us out there. I would have been screaming at the defense during halftime. He sure made an impression.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the kid a lot but one preseason game does not make a career. Now he continues that throughout the preseason then we might have something to talk about of whether he should be given a shot this year to maybe show what he can do. Tony Romo though when healthy is still a top-7 QB in the NFL. Hard to dump that kind of production. At least this year they might have a quality back up if he goes down that they wouldn't have the ridiculous drop off from top-7 QB to maybe worst QB situation in the NFL.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network crew talkin a lot about him going with the 1's and against the Rams 1's.....

Be honest I was impressed with his arm.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network crew talkin a lot about him going with the 1's and against the Rams 1's.....

Be honest I was impressed with his arm.....

He is an impressive player and I do know the Broncos loved him. He was the next QB on their list of they didn't get Lynch in the 1st round. I do think the guy could be a good NFL starter. The problem always is with rookies is can't get too ahead of yourselves. Preseason when everything is pretty vanilla not as hard to make the reads but when teams start bringing the house or working to confuse coverage schemes then we really begin to see who has staying power and who will be lucky to stay on as a back up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is still a project from what I can tell. Needs to tighten up things here and there, but I do have to admit the Cowboys might have something here if they manage this correctly.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an impressive player and I do know the Broncos loved him. He was the next QB on their list of they didn't get Lynch in the 1st round. I do think the guy could be a good NFL starter. The problem always is with rookies is can't get too ahead of yourselves. Preseason when everything is pretty vanilla not as hard to make the reads but when teams start bringing the house or working to confuse coverage schemes then we really begin to see who has staying power and who will be lucky to stay on as a back up.

Ok so I'm having a little too early fun with Cowboy fans....
But Like Moose said if the progression of this young man can stay on track and he see's more then "vanilla packages" he might be a pretty darn good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so I'm having a little too early fun with Cowboy fans....
But Like Moose said if the progression of this young man can stay on track and he see's more then "vanilla packages" he might be a pretty darn good.

That is the million dollar question though of can the Cowboys handle this situation right? For the Cowboys they run into a bit of a problem because of Tony Romo's contract. They cannot cut him or even trade him without huge dead money hits to the team over the next few years. So good chance they are planning on keeping him which would mean Dak possibly sitting on the bench his entire rookie contract. To me most QB's probably do need one year on the bench but one year is enough. They should know the playbook by the end of year 1 and should have had time to work on the sidelines on footwork, reading a defense, and all the other small details needed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An absolutely fantastic half of Football. But, it was one half of football in a preseason game and not even the 3rd preseason game. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly happy and optimistic about what I saw, but I need to see more before I'm giving him the #2 job without bringing in a vet, let alone chant his name to start over Romo. The best part was he didn't really even look to run at all and the one time he did he did he got his ass down. I was very impressed with how quickly he read the defense after dropping back since he was not used to having to take his eyes off the defense in college out of the shot gun all the time and now obviously has to do so and then pick up the defense and receivers again quickly when he gets set. Also showed poise, accuracy and arm strength. That may have been the best deep ball a Cowboy QB has thrown in years. But again, let's see it a couple more times.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
But his name is Dak. Seriously? Dak?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An absolutely fantastic half of Football. But, it was one half of football in a preseason game and not even the 3rd preseason game. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly happy and optimistic about what I saw, but I need to see more before I'm giving him the #2 job without bringing in a vet, let alone chant his name to start over Romo. The best part was he didn't really even look to run at all and the one time he did he did he got his ass down. I was very impressed with how quickly he read the defense after dropping back since he was not used to having to take his eyes off the defense in college out of the shot gun all the time and now obviously has to do so and then pick up the defense and receivers again quickly when he gets set. Also showed poise, accuracy and arm strength. That may have been the best deep ball a Cowboy QB has thrown in years. But again, let's see it a couple more times.

Plenty there to be optimistic about, but you don't get 12 yrs of football knowledge in a few preseason games...
Romo is gonna be the best qb as long as he is healthy, Dak may get a chance to start his maturation if Tony gets injured but it would be reckless to start him even if he does great in preseason.....
Looks like a good one though...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty there to be optimistic about, but you don't get 12 yrs of football knowledge in a few preseason games...
Romo is gonna be the best qb as long as he is healthy, Dak may get a chance to start his maturation if Tony gets injured but it would be reckless to start him even if he does great in preseason.....
Looks like a good one though...
Right there is the common theme amongst Cowboys Fans.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Jason Garrett was the next big thing in Dallas when he came out of the CFL.

Good times.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Jason Garrett was the next big thing in Dallas when he came out of the CFL.

Good times.
Luckily for us, that at least as of today, we don't have to start our young backup QB over our star QB for the beginning of the season...:thumb:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I sure hope he doesn't start dressing like a woman.

e0d2f26f7ad5e0fa16690f90e43402aa.jpg

Yep it would be very disappointing! :whistle: