• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In let the trade rumors fly news...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gasol for Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon. The Lakers probably give back a point, like Darius Morris.

WHY?

It’s obvious for the Lakers. Bargnani is the ultimate D’Antoni player, which is even why Toronto general manager Bryan Colangelo has tried to unite with D’Antoni for years. Why not? They had a brilliant run in Phoenix. And Colangelo just missed on Steve Nash last summer. Bargnani, a former No. 1 overall pick, has run out of affection in Toronto. But he’s a seven footer with an excellent three point shot who spreads the floor like few bigs. Nash is still out, and even when he returns isn’t a 30-minute player anymore. Calderon is in the final year of his deal and a point guard who plays pick and roll and scores and can be a perfect backup for Nash.

Gasol makes $19 million for two more seasons with a 15 percent trade addition. It’s a lot to take on, but this is a make-or-break time for Colangelo. He needs to make the playoffs, and despite a poor record the Raptors are close with some nice pieces in Jonas Valanciunas and DeMar DeRozan. Pau could give them maybe the best front court in the East, tutor Valanciunas and could revive himself as he’s clearly disinterested now with the Lakers.

From: Gasol for Bargnani one deal that needs to happen | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE CHICAGO BULLS

ALSO:

The Lakers' league-high $100 million payroll and roster with the maximum of 15 players means there's not much in the way of flexibility, with every move potentially having major financial ramifications when it comes to the luxury tax. Guards Chris Duhon and Darius Morris don't get it done when it comes to running D'Antoni's system, and you have to wonder if the team might look to stop the bleeding at the point guard spot. But where to find a tourniquet who can pass and shoot?

The Lakers (before Nash came aboard) were reportedly ready to sign the Toronto Raptors' Jose Calderon last summer if he was amnestied (which he wasn't), so one has to wonder if they might inquire about him. He's in the final year of his contract ($10.5 million) and playing behind starter Kyle Lowry. Unemployed options include Mike Bibby, Earl Boykins, Jannero Pargo or perhaps Mike James.

From: Lakers fan angst grows as team struggles under D'Antoni

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hmmmmm, two players i can't stand for a player i can't stand

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

interesting mmmmmnnnnyesssssssss

dafan590

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sam smith always writes bull crap....i never read his stuff.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay, so I guess Ryan Anderson is who the Lakers really want. However, the massive cap issue that the Lakers face will have to be dealt with and if Gasshole continues to suck in D'Antoni's system, a trade will be imminent. If it's not Ryan Anderson than the deal proposed above doesn't look too far removed from a real possibility

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Ric Bucher:

Source: Ignore any and all trade talk about Pau Gasol because the Lakers landed Steve Nash by promising him he would get to play with Gasol. Nash made it a prerequisite for passing on offers from Toronto and the Knicks that Pau would be around, the source said.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lakers Receive Gasol Inquiries From Raptors, Wolves
Dec 06, 2012 11:05 AM EST

The Toronto Raptors and Minnesota Timberwolves have already tried to discuss a trade for Pau Gasol with the Los Angeles Lakers, according to sources.

The Lakers are telling teams that they will assess the roster upon the return of Steve Nash.

Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon and Linas Kleiza are amongst the players the Raptors would consider moving for Gasol, according to sources.

The Wolves would love to add Gasol to form a three-man core with Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio. David Kahn would build an offer around Derrick Williams and Nikola Pekovic.

The Lakers' number one target is believed to be Ryan Anderson from the Hornets, but is considered virtually untouchable.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rival executives believe the most likely landing spot for Gasol is Toronto, which could offer Andrea Bargnani in return and bolster the Lakers' point-guard deficiency with Jose Calderon, who is backing up Kyle Lowry. Sources say Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo has shown no willingness to part with Bargnani, but if pressure mounts for him to bolster the team's youth movement and win now by adding a veteran with All-Star credentials like Gasol, that could change.

On one hand, if Lakers fans thought Gasol was soft, wait until they get a load of Bargnani. But he's younger (27), makes half as much (though he has one more year on his deal) and would be the ideal floor-spacer to open the middle for Howard, who is uncomfortable sharing the low block. Gasol fancies himself a post player, and his range is decidedly less than Bargnani's, which makes him uneasy when pushed far out on the perimeter.

Postups: Lakerland needs to chill, D-Will needs to snap back to reality - NBA - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Fantasy Advice

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I havent read everything. This is my synopsis. We're hoping for Barg to be like how he was last year. It's not happening. Our record would be amazing if he was Barg....personally I want barg to dominate but he sucks....there's something wrong with him.....he's not trying....he always had a shooting percentage but he doesnt even have that....when he went on his run....he was shooting over 50 percent.....

we have to let him go......only problem with the trade....dont want to give jose up with it.....

aside from that....hows the draft....i was talking to my bro about that....he said if we dont get top 4 then we got nothing....along with that....are the top four good players?

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i actually hate this trade even though i would love these two gone. Just move bargnani to the bench already, he might usefull in a barbosa role just as sloppy ed would shit double doubles in the paint in a start no matter how lazy you are role. Besides, no fucking way am i cheering that big flopping bird gasol, would rather lose without him then win with him

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I havent read everything. This is my synopsis. We're hoping for Barg to be like how he was last year. It's not happening. Our record would be amazing if he was Barg....personally I want barg to dominate but he sucks....there's something wrong with him.....he's not trying....he always had a shooting percentage but he doesnt even have that....when he went on his run....he was shooting over 50 percent.....

we have to let him go......only problem with the trade....dont want to give jose up with it.....

aside from that....hows the draft....i was talking to my bro about that....he said if we dont get top 4 then we got nothing....along with that....are the top four good players?

Yeah, we traded our first rounder (top-3 protected) to Houston who then traded it to OKC. That means if we do suck the entire year, but not enough to get a top-3 pick then the pick goes to OKC. Perhaps the only silver lining is that according to scouts, the draft class for 2013 is piss poor. Read more here:

NBA Talent Evaluators Express Pessimism About 2013 Draft
Dec 06, 2012 12:44 PM EST

Top talent evaluators from around the NBA expressed pessimism about the 2013 draft in general and the No. 1 pick in particular.

"I'd trade the pick for sure," one NBA GM said. "No one wants to pick first this year -- and no one can live up to the No. 1 billing."

"It's the worst it's ever been," said another.

"I'm glad we won't be picking at the top," added one director of player personnel.

Cody Zeller is the consensus choice for the top spot, even though he possesses short arms and plays subpar defense.

"He'll never be a great NBA player," one NBA scouting director said.

Via Jeff Goodman/CBSSports

Still not a great position to be in though.

dafan590

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i actually hate this trade even though i would love these two gone. Just move bargnani to the bench already, he might usefull in a barbosa role just as sloppy ed would shit double doubles in the paint in a start no matter how lazy you are role. Besides, no fucking way am i cheering that big flopping bird gasol, would rather lose without him then win with him

NO NO NO....we are going to win this trade even if Gasol gets a career ending injury with the raps.....this is called addition by subtraction, bargnani and jose calderon are the two biggest black holes on the team.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we traded our first rounder (top-3 protected) to Houston who then traded it to OKC. That means if we do suck the entire year, but not enough to get a top-3 pick then the pick goes to OKC. Perhaps the only silver lining is that according to scouts, the draft class for 2013 is piss poor. Read more here:

NBA Talent Evaluators Express Pessimism About 2013 Draft
Dec 06, 2012 12:44 PM EST

Top talent evaluators from around the NBA expressed pessimism about the 2013 draft in general and the No. 1 pick in particular.

"I'd trade the pick for sure," one NBA GM said. "No one wants to pick first this year -- and no one can live up to the No. 1 billing."

"It's the worst it's ever been," said another.

"I'm glad we won't be picking at the top," added one director of player personnel.

Cody Zeller is the consensus choice for the top spot, even though he possesses short arms and plays subpar defense.

"He'll never be a great NBA player," one NBA scouting director said.

Via Jeff Goodman/CBSSports

Still not a great position to be in though.

Thats suc bullshit.

Everyone said the same thing about Bargnani's draft class and look how that turned out!!!