• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Important Life Update

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe u should just move in with Heup, lol, he could carry you to practice in his fanny pack...on his bat belt

iu

iu

OP

and then drop you off at work

iu

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe u should just move in with Heup, lol, he could carry you to practice in his fanny pack...on his bat belt

iu

iu

OP

and then drop you off at work

iu

Hey! He’s telling the truth. Two guys on the internet said so

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I don’t really know you. Next I have called him out on this type of bs before, I was told I would regret it and he’d lay down the boom(lol) when I asked him to prove it. Hell we even had a bet set up and this (Honors) chickenshit pussy didn’t even accept the bet.

So again I ask, can you prove it? I wait but won’t hold my breath.
No, I cannot prove it, but I do believe that @UCFhonors and @Hang_On_Sloopy08 showed up at @OldDevilDawg 's wedding. I have seen the pictures, but I do not have access to the copies. Cheers.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I cannot prove it, but I do believe that @UCFhonors and @Hang_On_Sloopy08 showed up at @OldDevilDawg 's wedding. I have seen the pictures, but I do not have access to the copies. Cheers.

I’ve met (on the basketball forum) 4 different posters that said they have seen pictures too. I asked for proof and everyone pointed to Honors and said I’d be sorry. Ask @handicappers it was hilarious.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Important life update that I would like to share with this board. As everyone knows, I eat, sleep, and breath all things UCF. UCF is a part of almost all decisions I make either directly or indirectly. Back in 2010 I bought my UCFirst house that’s literally a brisk jog from the campus. Living here the last 9 years has been more UCFulfilling than I ever imagined.

But I’ve been going back and UCForth the last couple years about maximing the growth in the real estate market and selling my house. I bought it when the market crashed very low, and the opportunity to sell high is very tempting. This and with my job not being the best commute from my house, seems to make all the sense in the world. Except I always come back to one thing. UCF.

Earlier in the offseason I met with Coach Heup and he could tell I wasn’t myself. I explained to him my dilemma. I want to set up my UCFuture, but not being close to the campus was weighing on me. What if the team needed me? The coaches? I'll still be able to attend practice on a regular basis, but not the impromptu workouts and UCFilm sessions.

As I explained this to him, he interrupted and said “Honors, you have put this university and this teams need ahead of yours for years now. It’s time you UCFinally take care of yourself. We got this.”

I instantly UCFelt the weight of the world come off my shoulders. So my house sold last week and I’m living much closer to work. I’m really excited for what’s to come, but we’re still a month out from UCFootball. I know when practice starts, I’ll struggle again with this and not being there as often as I’m accustomed to.

Once again, I was able to count on UCF to point me in the direction I needed to go in my life. As always, it’s a great day to be a Knight. Charge on!

#UCFacts
Dear Stevie,

I'm glad you finally gave up on your swampcats, that much rejection in a lifetime isn't good for the truly committed. I hope you got something in return for all those Les Miles autographed footballs.

Welcome back and great schtick you have going here.

Sincerely,
your Bunkee

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you've never known me to lie, b.s., go off the deep end, etc. If you don't believe it, that's fine. Just saying that I have no reason to lie, double-down or anything like that.

It was @OldDevilDawg's Wedding, and a bunch of Rivals posters showed up for it including @Hang_On_Sloopy08. fyi: @UCFhonors was dared to show up, and he did! Really shocked the lot of them. He rubbed some people the wrong way, but they all respected him for showing up.

FWIW, I was on Rivals from 2001-2018 with all of them. Posters met up regularly for a beer, a game, etc. If they made it all up, they really pulled the wool over my eyes!
@ralphiewvu it's all true. We had a live thread for a long weekend going down to see @OldDevilDawg ’s wedding. It was one of the more memorable, bizarre, fun, weekends anybody could ask for. To kickstart the weekend in true Rivals fashion @Nod4Eight gets wasted and jumps off the breezeway roof at the hotel in cowboy boots shattering his ankle. @UCFhonors being the hero he is drove him through the night to a hospital an hour away, in true fashion got Nod some Taco Bell on the way back to cheer him up. Like I said, a gentleman and scholar.

Later that night Sloopy and his bikini model arrive to a shit face crowd of hooligans. Our friends get back from the hospital and we all got back to drinking as we cheers to meeting for the first time. @UCFhonors called out a fellow poster 5x his size and a fight broke out. The bride to be saved the day and got on the table and gave a verbal ass whipping ending with “I may not win the fight but you’re going to know I was there”.

I could go on but you’re not privileged enough to know more details. But the shenanigans did involve a resident raccoon, redneck games, hold my beer dares, piss your pants laughing, tears, fights, legendary football talks, drunk history debates, more drinking, open pit grilling, a wedding, golf shots over posters heads, ODD forgot to go to bed the night before he got married drinking and talking to sun up, and so much more.

proxy.php

fcf3933714604ed8c902f0a5e5246e97

2wdyp0w.jpg

2wdyp0w.jpg

IMG-7178.jpg

Reactions: gob

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Nod4Eight wrote on Rivals:

Well, I gotta say that was one hell of an extended weekend. We had 13 posters show up, several with their wife/girlfriend, with folks from California, Idaho, Texas, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Ohio and Maryland. I was honored to be a part of this important day for @OldDevilDawg.

Besides ODD, I had met three other of posters in real life before and it was good to see them again. Others I have known both on and off the board, communicated via FB, phone and video conferencing for so long that meeting them in person was great, but seemed as if I had already known them for a long time. Others I met/interacted directly with for essentially the first time, which was great!

You’ve all heard the story and seen pics of “The Jump” so, I’ll tell you a little about after the bachelor party and leading up to the wedding day. I woke up and read a little of this thread (was hard to read too much because the web connection was very slow and spotty.) I saw that Honors said he was probably going home after nearly fighting with DST the night before. Kathy had to jump on a table and scream at both of them to knock it the **** off. But then I saw that they had made up, I’m glad that Honors stayed the whole weekend. By the afternoon, we started prepping for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. By “we” I mean everyone pitched in as necessary by helping to fetch something, move something up to the venue etc. A huge thanks to everyone that helped!! ODD butchered up some yard bird while RTider got the coals hot on the grill. I sat out with him in that hot, sweaty south Georgia heat to get that grill ready, but let me tell you – it was worth it!! That man can flat cook some chicken and pig!! That shit was good! Rehearsal went well, even though my stupid ass had to use the crutches, and we ended the night with no fights, which made me happy.

The bride and groom were sharing a room with Marla and I. ODD and Marla had the same specialty in the USMC, and they had some stories to swap, so when I retired for the evening they stayed up – all night – talking. I think by the time that the wedding started, ODD had been up over 40 hours. Golf on the wedding morning was fun. I just drove the cart due to the broken leg thing, but wish I could have played. I did hit one off the tee, and let me tell you, hitting one legged it awkward. Cav and ODD both had some good shots and once cacpslo took sloops advice he was dialed in. But sloop stole the show out there – it was an honor just watching him. I think the worst hole he had he was still on the green in two shots. The biggest problem he had was having patience waiting for the rest of the group. And then it rained, a lot. A lot.

Well, that’s enough for now. I may pop back in with a few more stories.

@nolejc – One hell of a guy! I’ve known him for years, and even though I’ve never met him, he’s exactly as I expected. Great kid with a good head on his shoulders and a bright future.

@DieSonneTeufeln – Was great to see this goofy ****er once again. Of all Rivals posters, I’ve hung out with him the most, but since he moved back down to Cali (we need MORE of this to happen) I don’t get to see him as much.

@Cavgator – I’m very glad this guy made it. Good music, good beer and great conversation. When I say conversation, it was more of a history lesson – dude knows his history and has a great talent in the way he communicates it.

@cacpslo – I’ve wondered about this guy’s screen name for years now, and I was really close on figuring it out. Was great to talk some mountain/west FCS ball with him. One golf note on this guy – nearly every shot went straight, and once he teed it up differently per sloop’s advice he started getting much better distance. I bet that will shave quite a few strokes.

@Bamaklingon – Another I’ve known for a while, felt like reuniting with an old friend. This guy and I could talk aquaponics and sustainable living for days on end – he’s kind of the southeastern version of me, but don’t hold that against him.

@Hang_On_Sloopy08 – You’ve all heard enough about his golf ability, let me tell you what a great guy he is. He always had a smile, always. What made the biggest impression on me was when I was in quite a bit of pain and pretty tired, and my room was being used for the bridesmaids to get ready, he and his girl put me up in their room and let me elevate and ice my leg and even took a quick nap. Great golfer, beautiful girlfriend – and they both have big hearts. Sloop, better lock her down, she’s a keeper bud!

@dooleys dogs – If you ever get a chance to meet up with this guy – do it! Another one I’ve known for years but met for the first time. He was polite in the mixed company of the wedding, but let me tell ya, this ol’ boy can cut loose like you wouldn’t believe when it’s just the boys. I’m glad we finally met face to face Mr. Dooley.

@Skyhawk48 – Great guy, awesome car and had some great stories. But what impressed me the most was his manners and the respect he demonstrated with the restraint he showed. If you aren’t aware, there is a little tension between a few posters in attendance. Skyhawk was polite and cordial when necessary. I had one rule coming in – everyone play nice – and I know Skyhawk went above and beyond to do this. “Is the wedding over yet?” he asked me once or twice – LOL. Thank you again my friend, and I hope to see you when you ride your Harley out west.

@RuffledFeathers – A little more quiet and reserved than I expected him to be, but he doesn’t miss a thing. While we were making fools of ourselves, he was observing – so if you want to know what REALLY happened at the wedding, ask him. I will say this though, he probably went through more to get to there that the rest of us. From falling/sliding down what he described is essentially a cliff, and then having to climb back out to having to change a tire in the middle of a rainstorm like I’ve never seen before – guy was a trooper. Thanks for coming!

@PSUTE – Another great reunion seeing this guy again. While he may look a little scary (haha, he’ll know what I mean) he’s got one of the biggest hearts I know of. I can’t say enough good things about this man and I’m so glad I got a chance to know his better half more. Her and Marla really hit it off as well.

@UCFhonors – Yall know that one friend who just likes to poke the bear? That’s Honors. I thought he was going to get his ass beat on Thursday night, and by the last night he was sleeping with raccoons. He definitely was, um, er, entertaining… Is that the right word? Maybe. But I’m glad he stuck around after that rough first night.

@RTider77 – This man can cook! And he’s got some great stories. But what I enjoyed most is his sense of humor. He can sure deliver some stingers, but he can take them just the same (and he has taken quite a few in this thread). Hey bud, that offer stands – if you find your way out here, that downstairs bedroom is yours for as long as you want it.

@OldDevilDawg – Not sure what else to say about this crayon eating leg humper. I love this man like a brother.

There are a handful of other posters who I know wanted to come, several had even made plans and had to back out at the last minute. I’m not trying to call anyone out, I mention this only to say two things…. One – you missed a hell of a good time. Two – it’s understandable. Life gives us all restraints that keep us from things, whether it’s money, time, other obligations, etc. But I do encourage yall, if you get the chance to meet up with any one of these people above or any other posters, do it. I really think that these get togethers like this help strengthen our little community here