• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IM TIRED OF THE HIRE NEW COACH THEME

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listen all some of you talk about is firing shanny and hire a new coach and thats all find and all, but this organization is pathetic from the top on down, instead of focusing on getting a new coach why don't we shift our focus on getting a top true GM ? somebody like Tom Gambles and let him decide who our next coach will be, let him figure out how he wants the offense and defense to run.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones have in common. They are not fans of true GMs. I know alot of people are screaming we need a true GM, Im just finding it hard to see Snyder doing that. New coach, yes. GM..... that would be a real hard sell for Dan.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wouldnt matter if he hired a true GM

you guys would say he isnt just like you do with bruce allen (i know he is a number cruncher and that is it ) but that tune wasnt sung when he was hired

and we have smith as a consultant sitting there . but i guess he isnt a true GM either

i would love to have allen promoted and bring in a GM but you guys already have made up your minds about how it will go down

i will wait and see then comment

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We supposedly have one of the best talent evaluators in the league in Morocco Brown. He head up the scouting dept and has been considered for multiple GM positions in the last 5 years. If we have a GM, it is my bet that he is promoted, with Allen promoted to President of Operations.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We supposedly have one of the best talent evaluators in the league in Morocco Brown. He head up the scouting dept and has been considered for multiple GM positions in the last 5 years. If we have a GM, it is my bet that he is promoted, with Allen promoted to President of Operations.

If one of the best talent evaluators in the league assisted in putting together this roster, and we are currently 3-12 and likely to be 3-13... do you really want to promote him?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one of the best talent evaluators in the league assisted in putting together this roster, and we are currently 3-12 and likely to be 3-13... do you really want to promote him?

how much did the cap penalty hurt him ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much did the cap penalty hurt him ?

IM sure it did. But I think the real issue here is, many of you want to believe Snyder is capable of stepping back and letting some one else take control. I on the other hand believe that once Mike is gone, Snyder will put people in place that will for the most part agree with him.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM sure it did. But I think the real issue here is, many of you want to believe Snyder is capable of stepping back and letting some one else take control. I on the other hand believe that once Mike is gone, Snyder will put people in place that will for the most part agree with him.

Oh, I agree with this. Dan is Dan. He isn't going to change. There is one constant through our 15 year terrible run. That is Dan. Either directly or indirectly, Dan sets the culture. And the culture of the Skins during his tenure is dysfunction. There is no other way to look at it. As long as Dan has any involvement with the skins, you have to assume dysfunction will follow. So if I was betting, I would bet that Dan will promote Morocco because Morocco works for him now and he "knows" Dan. He will promote Allen for the same reason. And they will hire a coach that is hungry for their first NFL job and will come in naive to believe that they can "change" the culture. So it is highly likely that in 3-4 years, we are doing this again.

Where I disagree with shark is I do think that dan has learned about the foolish spending on FAs early in his tenure and how we are still paying for those sins. I do expect he will rely on Allen to do his job with the numbers. He has been doing a good job with that the last 4 years. I also expect Dan will "fall in love" with a player or two and tell him to get them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree with this. Dan is Dan. He isn't going to change. There is one constant through our 15 year terrible run. That is Dan. Either directly or indirectly, Dan sets the culture. And the culture of the Skins during his tenure is dysfunction. There is no other way to look at it. So as long as Dan has any involvement with the skins, you have to assume dysfunction will follow. So if I was betting, I would bet that Dan will promote Morocco because Morocco works for him now and he "knows" Dan. He will promote Allen for the same reason. And they will hire a coach that is hungry for their first NFL job and will come in naive to believe that they can "change" the culture. So it is highly likely that in 3-4 years, we are doing this again.

Where I disagree with shark is I do think that dan has learned about the foolish spending on FAs early in his tenure and how we are still paying for those sins. So I do expect he will rely on Allen to do his job with the numbers. He has been doing a good job with that the last 4 years. I also expect Dan will "fall in love" with a player or two and tell him to get them.

he seems to have stepped back with shanny and gave him what he asked for so who knows until the hiring and firing is done ?

it could be that he goes back to old ways . it could be he doesnt when he finds out coaches wont take the job if they dont have a say in things

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he seems to have stepped back with shanny and gave him what he asked for so who knows until the hiring and firing is done ?

it could be that he goes back to old ways . it could be he doesnt when he finds out coaches wont take the job if they dont have a say in things

There is always a coach that will take the job, either because their ego tells them they can change the culture or they get enticed by the pay day. Who knows, maybe a young, aggressive coach can come in here and change the culture. But anyone that is too aggressive is going to have issues with Dan. We know that with Marty and Mike.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also don't know that I can agree he stepped back. He changed his involvement, but he still is a constant presence through his culture, who he hires, and the environment he fosters.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For $5 million a year, I would take the job. Even if Dan came out and said he will personally decide what players are signed or drafted. Dan is a strong believer in the old saying money talks. Jerry seemed to have stepped back with Parcells. But a leopard rarely changes its spots. So I just dont see Dan hiring some one with the stones to tell him no.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
owners are going to be presences . kraft is a presence in pats locker room quite a bit . rooney was too so if you are looking for a complete shut down it wont happen

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
owners are going to be presences . kraft is a presence in pats locker room quite a bit . rooney was too so if you are looking for a complete shut down it wont happen

Kraft and Rooney are not on the practice field every day. Dan is. I can understand owners being involved to a degree. But Dan is entirely too involved entirely too much.

He is Jerry Jones without the camera time issues.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft and Rooney are not on the practice field every day. Dan is. I can understand owners being involved to a degree. But Dan is entirely too involved entirely too much.

He is Jerry Jones without the camera time issues.

Kraft and Rooney are not good examples. Shark is right. They are presences, but not daily. My guess is most players (and even assistant Coaches for that matter) only see Rooney a couple times a year and never saw him when they were either being drafted or courted as FAs. Their presence is relegated to setting expectations with the GMs/HCs and participating in league events. When was the last time you saw Rooney or Kraft on the field before a game?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft and Rooney are not good examples. Shark is right. They are presences, but not daily. My guess is most players (and even assistant Coaches for that matter) only see Rooney a couple times a year and never saw him when they were either being drafted or courted as FAs. Their presence is relegated to setting expectations with the GMs/HCs and participating in league events. When was the last time you saw Rooney or Kraft on the field before a game?

really ? since 1999 snyder has been to almost all the practices ? really ? of course i have seen them on the filed before games

but this is going nowhere

i dont care if the owner watches every practice or talks to players . as long as he lets the coaches coach and the players play who cares ?

and again no coach worth his weight in sand will take the skins job if he doesnt have control of who he plays now read that carefully because apparently you dont get it

if he takes it just so he can get a job then he probably isnt any good which is my point .

you might as well start looking for a new team to cheer for if you think you are beat before any move has been made because you you be sad for a long long time

we will get a good HC candidate . we will get this ship righted , and we will have fun being skins fans doom and gloomers

we have cap space for 2 years . we will have 13 draft picks , , we have the chance to be good consistently for years to come if we play it right