• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm sure glad we have a highly paid closer!

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
papelbon, and there are still people debating whether or not to trade him! when was the last time we needed a closer in a game? wow trading him for prospects would be a really bad idea. lolol!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean we don't need to pay someone 9 million/year to pitch 1 inning a week? It's too bad he ruined his trade value with all those blown saves right before the All-Star break. Trade him and anyone else we can get something for, the time to sell is now!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd love to trade him, but does anyone know who is really interested? i keep hearing his name in trade talks, but no one talks about who wants him. both benoit and uehara have been very good for the bo sox and tigers so i don't know if they are even interested anymore

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'd love to trade him, but does anyone know who is really interested? i keep hearing his name in trade talks, but no one talks about who wants him. both benoit and uehara have been very good for the bo sox and tigers so i don't know if they are even interested anymore

The Sox bullpen blows. But, I doubt the Sox will bring back PapelTard.

Detroit is possible. Dodgers are possible, but unlikely as the payroll has to stop growing at some point. The Yankees need a replacement for Rivera. DBack bullpen is a mess, but that's doubtful.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox bullpen blows. But, I doubt the Sox will bring back PapelTard.

Detroit is possible. Dodgers are possible, but unlikely as the payroll has to stop growing at some point. The Yankees need a replacement for Rivera. DBack bullpen is a mess, but that's doubtful.

yeah, i can't see the sox bringing him back. i mean, imagine next year the phils were leading the nl east by 3 games, but they desperately needed a closer. i wouldn't even consider papelbon. when a closer's strikeouts and veloicty are trending down at the same time (which tends to happen) it spells disaster

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's funny how multiple sources keep saying how his velocity is down, he's looking bad, etc. and what does amaro do? he's going to hold on to him! with that stupid fucking comment "who do we replace him with?" WHO GIVES A FUCK!

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly! the last time we needed a closer was on July 14th and paperbon blew the save against the white sox. this team can operate without a closer if necessary. just maybe we can trade for a prospect that can become our future closer for when this team actually needs one.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly! the last time we needed a closer was on July 14th and paperbon blew the save against the white sox. this team can operate without a closer if necessary. just maybe we can trade for a prospect that can become our future closer for when this team actually needs one.

bastardo can be our closer for the one time a week we need one. he is still wild as hell (4.3 bb/9) but he is our next best option once paps is gone