• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm proud of my team

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seems some have shifted their standards to fit the results. A team coming off two Super Bowl appearances is suddenly praised for just trying really hard after going down 31-0 in the playoffs. I just expect professionals to give it 100%, esp in the playoffs...not sure they deserve a ton of kudos for it.
36-6
35-6
34-22
Scores from the last 3 games AT AZ vs Sea.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36-6
35-6
34-22
Scores from the last 3 games AT AZ vs Sea.

And this is relevant to the point how?

Been over this. You beat a backup QB in one of them (who cares). You won a meaningless game where starters were rested an entire half (who cares).

You could have won 97-3 in AZ this year and AZ would still be superior. It's one game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is relevant to the point how?

Been over this. You beat a backup QB in one of them (who cares). You won a meaningless game where starters were rested an entire half (who cares).

You could have won 97-3 in AZ this year and AZ would still be superior. It's one game.
You said this... I just expect professionals to give it 100%

That is relevant considering what you said.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle OL run blocks very well but pass blocking seems to be a problem.
Yup, same story every year. And I'm so tired of seeing the Seahawks O-Line being overmatched by good defensive lines. Pete Carroll finally, yesterday in fact, identified the O-Line as a specific problem that the Hawks need to address. The Hawks need to give Wilson some pockets to throw from.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle OL run blocks very well but pass blocking seems to be a problem.

This is true.... They did improve as the season rolled along which is good, but we're gonna need to solidify that up a bit for sure in the offseason... When the year started our O-line was a disaster, and that hurt us early ... But I liked how they improved, good thing...

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true.... They did improve as the season rolled along which is good, but we're gonna need to solidify that up a bit for sure in the offseason... When the year started our O-line was a disaster, and that hurt us early ... But I liked how they improved, good thing...
I liked how they improved too. But then the Rams D-Line pretty much destroyed the Hawks O-Line in Week 16; and Carolina's interior D-Line pretty much destroyed the Hawks interior O-Line in the first half of the divisional round loss.

Looking at individual players, Britt and Sweezy at the two guard positions seemed like liabilities in pass protection pretty consistently. Defenses with strong interior D-Lines seemed to disrupt the Hawks whole offense too easily, too often.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example, just saw that PFF graded Britt as the second worse guard in the league this year (with Sweezy not too far ahead of him). Taken together, they were the very worst guard tandem in the league. Considering that the Hawks weren't exactly stacked at Center this year either, that's a whole lot of suck manning the middle of the O-Line whether on running or especially on passing downs.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing on the FG in the first half was another huge postseason blunder by Carroll

Bevell and Carroll continue to get carried by a team, loaded with talent, but they are 2 awful coaches

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said this... I just expect professionals to give it 100%

That is relevant considering what you said.

I agree. And I fully admit I've seen the Cards quit a few times over the years (when they wanted Whisenhunt out that year they lost like 52-0 to send a message, etc). It's unacceptable. Granted, it's always been in meaningless games.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seems some have shifted their standards to fit the results. A team coming off two Super Bowl appearances is suddenly praised for just trying really hard after going down 31-0 in the playoffs. I just expect professionals to give it 100%, esp in the playoffs...not sure they deserve a ton of kudos for it.
In my opinion, there's a kind of hyper-overreaction that occurs with football fans in general, where every season, every game, every play even, is thought to define a team for the rest of foreseeable eternity. People in general are not so foolish in most other areas of life-- but when it comes to football, for whatever reason perspective collapses and then balloons and then collapses, etc etc, like a yoyo bopping up and down and up again.

And to your other point, I just don't believe that the Hawks didn't give 100%. I don't fault their heart, don't fault their determination, don't fault their effort. They just got caught in an avalanche of big plays and momentum and breakdowns and poor decisions in the first half-- and couldn't get out from under it. Sucks, but it happens. Hawks have been on the delivering end of those kinds of halves (and games) against otherwise good teams-- but this time they were on the receiving end. Nothing to do but just pick it back up again next year.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle peaked when they won it all ... That doesn't mean they can't nab another couple good draft picks and improve in areas... Just because they peaked that doesn't mean their window has closed... it's FAR from closed.. Seattle's roster is young and stacked with talent.... And I don't pick up other teams, I stand by MY team as you should ...

Why do you think I don't?

Apparently I do have the ability to call a spade a spade though....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hank, that is what you wish for every night as you lay your head on the pillow, thinking NFL.
Yet, our franchise QB is young and healthy. Our D will again be a force next year based on the roster. I hope the run game is solid going forward, but for you sir it is merely a wish...a hope.

Or a distinct possibility?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think I don't?

Apparently I do have the ability to call a spade a spade though....

I"m sure you also predicted Dallas would win the division right ? Everything seemed to point in that direction after there good run the prior year....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing on the FG in the first half was another huge postseason blunder by Carroll

Bevell and Carroll continue to get carried by a team, loaded with talent, but they are 2 awful coaches

Sounds awfully hindsightish to me.

Hey, he's no Andy Reid though!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m sure you also predicted Dallas would win the division right ? Everything seemed to point in that direction after there good run the prior year....

Only a fool wouldn't have.

But they shit the bed this year in monumental fashion. They lost games they should have won. They couldn't score if their life depended on it. They had NO back up QB. Etc.

Lots of teams go to a back up QB and still play respectably.

Dallas did not.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, there's a kind of hyper-overreaction that occurs with football fans in general, where every season, every game, every play even, is thought to define a team for the rest of foreseeable eternity. People in general are not so foolish in most other areas of life-- but when it comes to football, for whatever reason perspective collapses and then balloons and then collapses, etc etc, like a yoyo bopping up and down and up again.

And to your other point, I just don't believe that the Hawks didn't give 100%. I don't fault their heart, don't fault their determination, don't fault their effort. They just got caught in an avalanche of big plays and momentum and breakdowns and poor decisions in the first half-- and couldn't get out from under it. Sucks, but it happens. Hawks have been on the delivering end of those kinds of halves (and games) against otherwise good teams-- but this time they were on the receiving end. Nothing to do but just pick it back up again next year.

I totally agree. I was serious when I said SEA is a team that doesn't quit. They always give 100%. It was a legit compliment.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a fool wouldn't have.

But they shit the bed this year in monumental fashion. They lost games they should have won. They couldn't score if their life depended on it. They had NO back up QB. Etc.

Lots of teams go to a back up QB and still play respectably.

Dallas did not.

That's exactly why any season is hard to predict.... Sure some teams definitely have the talent advantage on paper, but it doesn't always work out that way on the field... Plus injuries etc ... So there is no way to call a spade a spade in the NFL ...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly why any season is hard to predict.... Sure some teams definitely have the talent advantage on paper, but it doesn't always work out that way on the field... Plus injuries etc ... So there is no way to call a spade a spade in the NFL ...

Yet I meant it in a "I'm a Dallas fan but they fucking sucked this year" spade a spade way.

Aside from making it to the Divisional playoff round, there were a lot of things wrong with Seattle this year that simply putting lipstick on a pig and saying you're proud of them won't fix.

Slow starts, games slipping away late, porous O-line, etc.

And the trend indicates nothing good. Cards on the rise, Rams a tough out.

3rd place looming large.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds awfully hindsightish to me.

Hey, he's no Andy Reid though!

Maybe for you, I was screaming it at the time

Not kicking a FG in the first half, when the score dictates you will need one at some point, is amateurish

That entire second half, 31-7 could have been 31-10, 31-14 should have been 31-17, and when it was 31-21, that last drive should have been a tying drive