• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm not opposed to taking a QB in the 2nd this year

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be opposed to bringing in a back up QB that Harbaugh can coach up and then trade for some picks. And repeat. Just like the Patriots and Packers did. Only problem is that can come back to bite your ass like what happened with GB backups when Rodgers went down.

Connor Shaw would not be a bad pick up in the 6th.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe he is clairvoyant.

Hoping for a win next week to go 5-1. Saying Kaep isn't the franchise QB is one of the dumbest things I have read on this board and there is a lot of dumb shit posted on here

:stephena:

STHU. That's like saying Tom Brady has 4 SB rings because you're hoping he wins his next two games. Just admit that you phucked up and made an error. I hate people who refuses to admit their mistakes but try to cover it up. Smfh.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So his running ability hasn't killed the Packers? Which is clearly what I stated.

And his arm didn't beat them this year in week 1, when he threw for over 400 yards?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was terrible...and then he got Crabs.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is tl;dr but I absolutely agree with Clyde

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping we can come away from the draft with CB Justin Gilbert in the first and SS Deone Bucannon in the second with the Chiefs pick. Then use our 2nd round pick on the best available WR which should be fine because this WR class is DEEP. This way we can afford to let Whitner walk and use that coin on keeping Boldin which is an absolute must imo.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if we used all 5 picks in the first 3 rds...

I expect a trade up ala Reid... we can afford it somewhat...

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really hoping we can come away from the draft with CB Justin Gilbert in the first and SS Deone Bucannon in the second with the Chiefs pick. Then use our 2nd round pick on the best available WR which should be fine because this WR class is DEEP. This way we can afford to let Whitner walk and use that coin on keeping Boldin which is an absolute must imo.

I like that start to the draft, though I'm starting to lean towards Calvin Pryor. Pryor has that range that we need in the secondary. Reid has been looking more and more like a strong safety to me.

Pryor at fs and Reid at strong has a nice balance to it.

Jared Abbrederies in the 3rd is my sleeper at wr/punt returner.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:stephena:

STHU. That's like saying Tom Brady has 4 SB rings because you're hoping he wins his next two games. Just admit that you phucked up and made an error. I hate people who refuses to admit their mistakes but try to cover it up. Smfh.

If you're gonna spell fucked with "ph," then it's smph.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also clearly stated that he doesn't have the ability to open up the passing game.[/QUOTE]

At this stage of Kaepernick's development, I agree with him. He misses so much downfield by panicking early when the rush gets near him or locking in on his primary target. I think its a big concern.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they couldn't beat out an old Goodwin how good can they really be. I think we need a center. Hope we take on in the 3rd.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if you did our needs in alphabetical order but I would take Center off since I believe that Kilgore or Looney will be good at Center.

What makes you say that? I've neither seen nor heard anything that would indicate that. Fill a brother in.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to se them package both number twos for Marquise Lee.

You just want an 'SC guy on the Niners... can't say I blame you... and this Lee could be pretty good.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his arm didn't beat them this year in week 1, when he threw for over 400 yards?

They've got a built in excuse for that - "We sold out to stop the run and that's why he torched us. If Kaepernick hadn't made us look so stupid, we wouldn't have stupidly tried to defend him predictably." As if that spells anything other than we got torched both times.

Seriously though, if I were Green Bay, I would have sold out to stop the pass (and probably gotten exposed in the run if Harbaugh adjusts). I mean, isn't it predictable that we would pass? I mean, we started out passing a lot in the regular season game against the Giants with Alex Smith at quarterback. Isn't it clear that Harbaugh will try to beat you in a way you don't think he can? Even another coach would have gone to passing because they knew a run-torched team would be run-focused.

Then, of course, there's the "they don't know that we know that they know" aspect - which leads me to - you can't sell out to stop one or the other for a dual threat QB. I understand trying to force him to his perceived weakness, but not be ready for him to go there? It's like leading a bull you are trying to catch into a corner with a huge gaping hole in it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only opinion on the only topic. Don't take AJ Jenkins because you have a need for a speedy receiver. If there is an impact player there at 32,56,64 you take them regardless of position. Based upon hard work researching take the best value and let the coach figure out how to handle an overly talented competitive roster. Cant complain about having too many talented QBs and if a guy does not like competition he is weak.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You also clearly stated that he doesn't have the ability to open up the passing game.[/QUOTE]

At this stage of Kaepernick's development, I agree with him. He misses so much downfield by panicking early when the rush gets near him or locking in on his primary target. I think its a big concern.

It's a big concern if he has these issues and plateaus in his development but I do think he's shown steady signs of improvement and I attribute most of our gripes about Kap as just to being a young QB growing into the position.

Big picture most of the young QBs have struggled and made their share of mistakes. Luck is probably at the top of the pack among the young guns and he just got done throwing 7 INTs in 2 playoff games.