• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm not opposed to taking a QB in the 2nd this year

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't draft a QB in the second when you already have a franchise guy. 2nd rd QBs are expected to be starters within one or two years. They need a replacement for Justin Smith and Frank Gore, WR, and corner help.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u dont waste a 2nd rd pick on a QB when u already have one. doesnt make sense. niners have other needs. center, NT, WR,CB and maybe another safety in case we lose whitner.

What if your qb gets hurt? Your saying its ok to throw anyone out there. Whats wrong with SPENDING a 2nd rounder on a qb that drops? Some will argue that a good backup qb is the in your top most important players.

If Kaep gets hurt do you see us making it to or through the playoffs?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't draft a QB in the second when you already have a franchise guy. 2nd rd QBs are expected to be starters within one or two years. They need a replacement for Justin Smith and Frank Gore, WR, and corner help.

Tank Carradine, Marcus Lattimore, first round pick and other 2nd or 3rd.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if your qb gets hurt? Your saying its ok to throw anyone out there. Whats wrong with SPENDING a 2nd rounder on a qb that drops? Some will argue that a good backup qb is the in your top most important players.

If Kaep gets hurt do you see us making it to or through the playoffs?

thats why u draft a back up QB in rds 4-5 or u pick up a good back up. not that hard.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't draft a QB in the second when you already have a franchise guy. 2nd rd QBs are expected to be starters within one or two years. They need a replacement for Justin Smith and Frank Gore, WR, and corner help.[/QUOT

Need a Replacement for Justin. Gore's replacement should be Lattimore, Wr Beckham or Landry...

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats why u draft a back up QB in rds 4-5 or u pick up a good back up. not that hard.

So who is this 5th round qb that can get an NFL team to and through the playoffs? Why not just go 5th round for a qb period, whats the point of drafting a qb 1st overall if 5th and 6th rounders can get you to and through if your qb goes out for the season?:noidea:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not against the idea of drafting a QB in the second (the pick will be in the 60s).

I was thinking the other day about getting one in the 3rd or 4th, but the 2nd isn't out of the realm of possibility.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't draft a QB in the second when you already have a franchise guy. 2nd rd QBs are expected to be starters within one or two years. They need a replacement for Justin Smith and Frank Gore, WR, and corner help.[/QUOT

Need a Replacement for Justin. Gore's replacement should be Lattimore, Wr Beckham or Landry...

Justis replacement is Tank. Justin also is signed through 2016

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So who is this 5th round qb that can get an NFL team to and through the playoffs? Why not just go 5th round for a qb period, whats the point of drafting a qb 1st overall if 5th and 6th rounders can get you to and through if your qb goes out for the season?:noidea:

To build on what you're saying, can't we apply the 5th round logic to all the other positions as well? If we can get a QB in the 5th, why can't we get a DL or CB in the 5th?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha you are an idiot, he just beat Rodgers and Newton in back 2 back weeks and is 5-1 in the playoffs, he is our franchise, end of story

Newton isn't that good, let's be honest.

And the Packers were pretty banged up. I think SF is better than GB as a whole, but let's not get carried away and act like Kaep beat Rodgers because Kaep is better.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the Packers were pretty banged up. I think SF is better than GB as a whole, but let's not get carried away and act like Kaep beat Rodgers because Kaep is better.

He's pretty damn clutch. Say what you want but when we need a play he makes the throw or takes the perfect running lane.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

So you would take a QB in the 2nd because the Packers were banged up and Newton isn't that good?

:wtf2:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this makes no sense. we have kap. we dont need a franchise QB. its pointless to draft a QB in the 1st 2 rds to make him a back up. its a wasted pick. if we didnt have any needs then ucan draft whoever. in 49ers case we have needs.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this makes no sense. we have kap. we dont need a franchise QB. its pointless to draft a QB in the 1st 2 rds to make him a back up. its a wasted pick. if we didnt have any needs then ucan draft whoever. in 49ers case we have needs.

This "first two rounds" thing is really stretching. Our 2nd round pick will be in the 60s, that's a far cry from a top 10 pick.

Anyone have a quick list handy of QBs drafted in the 55-75 range? I'm going to do some research.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pretty damn clutch. Say what you want but when we need a play he makes the throw or takes the perfect running lane.

I think his running ability is clutch, and he has proven for 2 years now that his running ability can beat GB

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Metzenberger Dropped to the bottom of the second I'd draft him in less than half a heartbeat.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would take a QB in the 2nd because the Packers were banged up and Newton isn't that good?

:wtf2:

I just don't think Kaep is that good, I'm sorry.

San Francisco has a great team, and a good coach. If they had a QB that could open it up in the passing game, they'd be the best team in the NFL.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd round usually isn't where you get a franchise qb, we got lucky, first of all.
2nd, we have a 1st, two 2nds and two (maybe 3) 3rds. Are you kidding me?

We dont have glaring needs like that, we need to draft bpa.