• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm not opposed to taking a QB in the 2nd this year

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand taking one in the 4th or 5th rd to find our franchise back up QB because McCoy sucks.

Backup QB's are backup QB's for a reason. I don't think we could that much better than McCoy, honestly.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We run more than just about every team except maybe the Seahawks, so passing YPG being low is not really on Kaepernick. As weapons returned, such as Crabtree, he did pass for more yards per game. If you look at his passer rating, he was far from terrible during the regular season.

i understand that, i should have explained the part of my post that said about the performances hes had, meaning he still has improved and had some good games

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If a talented enough QB falls to the 2nd it's always a good pick to make. I don't think there'll be anyone I'd want though.

Aaron Murray's the only guy who even slightly intrigues me, and he's probably going to be there in the 3rd to 5th.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks on QB, we have one of the most electric QB in the league. Let's get better at corner

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No thanks on QB, we have one of the most electric QB in the league. Let's get better at corner

Niners need a backup.

I'm really hoping the Niners can pick up the Sanchize for backup money. I think he'd be a perfect fit for Harbaugh's offense.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take him

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't get it. You need a talented backup as well. If Kaep gets hurt are you really convinced that McCoy could take us there? We're in a position where in the draft we can take BPA, if its a qb rhen it's the right move.

You can't take a cb just to take one if he's not graded higher than another player.

I'm not confident with our backup situation.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Outsider look in here guys.

I think Kap was terrible in the reg season his YPG were pathetic.......

However, IMHO its known he has his flaws and is a work in progress, to be able to put together the performances he has while still improving is impressive, he shows up in big games, the upside is to big to move on.....I think the team as a whole is insanely good and carries him a bit, but u certainly dont wanna waste all that talent on a pick

CBS projected 2nd rounders are
brett smith wyoming
Mettenburger LSU
David Fales SJSU

then taj boyd or aj mcarron in the 3-4.

your gonna trade kaep for those?

How is yards per game a good metric? He was 8th in yards per attempt (attempts will have a significant impact on that yards per game stat).

If yards per game is your metric, then Seattle needs to consider Russel Wilson's future as well. Kap was 32nd in ypg at 200, Wilson was a fantastic 28th at 210 ypg (Wilson was 4th in ypa however).

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, I have faith, but until you have your franchise guy, you should always be looking for him.

What do you need? Kap got us into the PO both years, is 4-1 so far. What are you looking for, a combo clone of Montana-Young-Brady-Manning? I don't know if science call that off yet.

Kap is your franchise guy. Get used to seeing him for the next 10-15 years.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How is yards per game a good metric? He was 8th in yards per attempt (attempts will have a significant impact on that yards per game stat).

If yards per game is your metric, then Seattle needs to consider Russel Wilson's future as well. Kap was 32nd in ypg at 200, Wilson was a fantastic 28th at 210 ypg (Wilson was 4th in ypa however).

THANK YOU!!!

I'm so sick of hearing about yards per game. It's a meaningless stat. Anyone on the 49ers is going to have low yards per game, and anyone on the Eagles is going to have WAY more chances to rack up those yards.

YPA & interception percentage says a ton about a QB (but even the interception percentage can be misleading because you don't know how many of those were the QB's fault).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how everyone's getting offended.

1. I'm not giving up on Kaep.
2. He's played relatively well.
3. I'm not going out of my way to draft a QB. All I said was that, if one I like drops to the second, I'd consider it.

Get your head out of your collective asses.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. I'm not going out of my way to draft a QB. All I said was that, if one I like drops to the second, I'd consider it.

Right, you are not crazy. Its everyone else, they are the crazy ones!! :nod:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, you are not crazy. Its everyone else, they are the crazy ones!! :nod:

The notion that you would, in no way shape or form, consider a QB if one you liked dropped, IS crazy.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Question and I preface this by saying I am not trying to start a pissing match just actually curious. In what way is your feeling different from Deep's position last year that if a QB was BPA he would be ok drafting him?

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The notion that you would, in no way shape or form, consider a QB if one you liked dropped, IS crazy.

So which QB would you consider taking if he dropped? I guess the only one I would consider would be Teddy Bridgewater, but since Clowney has a better chance of dropping to us in the 2nd than him I don't think that will happen. So do you have any QB's you would consider?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people forgot that the 49ers have TWO 2nd round picks.

Pick up Derek Carr???
:behindsofa:

I like the Sickness' Sanchez idea. Hopefully, he doesn't find a job as a starter. :hope: Come to the 49ers!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u dont waste a 2nd rd pick on a QB when u already have one. doesnt make sense. niners have other needs. center, NT, WR,CB and maybe another safety in case we lose whitner.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont like anything involving Sanchez... I want a QB that knows how to QB.... especially with the clipboard.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We run more than just about every team except maybe the Seahawks, so passing YPG being low is not really on Kaepernick. As weapons returned, such as Crabtree, he did pass for more yards per game. If you look at his passer rating, he was far from terrible during the regular season.

THANK YOU!!!

I'm so sick of hearing about yards per game. It's a meaningless stat. Anyone on the 49ers is going to have low yards per game, and anyone on the Eagles is going to have WAY more chances to rack up those yards.

YPA & interception percentage says a ton about a QB (but even the interception percentage can be misleading because you don't know how many of those were the QB's fault).

There were criticisms and limitations to Alex Smith, but with our system, personnel, defense, and coaching, the results were good in YPA and INTs. People would come on here and bitch about YPG. We got what we needed yards-wise per game. TDs whether by rushing or passing, red zone percentages, third down conversion percentages, and playclock management were bigger issues and some of them are still here today.

Last edited by a moderator: