• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm done with George and don't want him back at this point

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but who the hell are you to tell another person how and when to decide on their future? Makes you seem awfully full of yourself.

Does it? Oh yeah, that's right I forgot that I simply don't give a shit. Loyalty is a big pet peeve of mine. I get pissed of at my cooks at work for hanging out at some obscure bar until 5 AM the night before work. And another cook bailed on us completely for some boyfriend in Indianapolis last fall which I made known before.

I expect my co-workers to be fully obligated to their duties. It's not different with my basketball teams.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it? Oh yeah, that's right I forgot that I simply don't give a shit. Loyalty is a big pet peeve of mine. I get pissed of at my cooks at work for hanging out at some obscure bar until 5 AM the night before work. And another cook bailed on us completely for some boyfriend in Indianapolis last fall which I made known before.

I expect my co-workers to be fully obligated to their duties. It's not different with my basketball teams.

Even with this bizarre personality quirk, isn't George being MORE loyal by giving the Pacers a chance to get something for him than just walking away for nothing like you want him to do?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about Deng or Mozgov? Mozgov is already gone and from what I've heard, the Lakers offer is the #27 and #28 picks in this years draft plus the Pacers choice of Clarkson or Randle. Neither the Clarkson nor Randle contract will have any significant impact on the Pacers cap and both are good young players to begin a rebuild with.

Plus, you get 2 first rounders this year that could be moved for a player or more picks. Or, if the Pacers keep them, could net them a solid couple of players.

Imo, that's far better and more fair to the Pacers than just leaving after the season and they get nothing in return.

Yes, Mozgov was traded to the Nets. I'll post my latest George trade idea at some point before I head to dinner this afternoon. I've said back as far as my CBS days that "getting value back" for a star player is highly overrated.

Admittedly, I would not be a Nuggets fan today if it weren't for Carmelo Anthony leaving. But, they've been hindered in mediocrity the last five years in large part because of that trade and clogging their cap as a result.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last I checked, Paul George is not your co-worker. How much loyalty would the Pacers be showing if they decided to trade him? Would you be here hating on the FO for being disloyal if that happened? Something tells me you wouldn't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Mozgov was traded to the Nets. I'll post my latest George trade idea at some point before I head to dinner this afternoon. I've said back as far as my CBS days that "getting value back" for a star player is highly overrated.

I disagree. The Lakers when Shaq left, are a good example of why it's good to try to get something. They didn't get nearly what Shaq was worth and none of those players were still with them when they won their last 2 titles, except for 1 guy. Lamar Odom, who was a very big part of those championships.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

So I just went back and reread the OP. Originally, I glossed over the tweet. Did not realize it was OP who tweeted it. Oh the irony.

Seriously though, @HurricaneDij39, you better hope your employer doesn't see your Twitter post. If so, they may teach you a thing or two about job loyalty. Anyone with a job dealing in the public sector gets fired For posting that. That is some hateful stuff you are putting out for the world to see. You best delete that tweet and hope neither of your two followers forward it.

You owe me another Milk...lol

You and @Heatles84 are them my killing me with those 1 liners you sliiiiiiiiiiiiiide in there.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes always been overrated anyways. He holds on to the ball for Farr to damn long and then gets draped with the double team and everything in his game is "slow motion". Hes one of the SLOWEST players Ive ever seen.

.. And then in pivotal MUST WIN games the clown doesn't show up

He isn't lead dog material, never was and never will be. You're aren't getting what you think you are with him. He isn't that good
Dude, you are missing the point.

He doesn't have to be lead dog for the Lakers.

All he needs to do is have the ability to make guys want to play with him.

* Lebron, Westbrook etc *

In his defense, who else was remotely equipped to be the lead guy in Indy?

Who was his best teammate?

Hill? Lance? Monta? Hibbert? West?

West took a 12 million dollar pay cut because he wanted to win.

Tells me all I need to know about that franchise and why he wants to leave.

I know all to sell what it feels like to lose your best player.

It's on management.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You owe me another Milk...lol

You and @Heatles84 are them my killing me with those 1 liners you sliiiiiiiiiiiiiide in there.

In my defense,

Maybe you should put that milk down down while reading SportsHoopla posts. Risky behavior there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have had as much problem with him playing out the season and then leaving. But to go through his agent and before letting the season play itself out to me is the coward move.

Coward move?

I actually think he's doing IND a solid...he's basically told them, I'm not staying here after next season, work out a trade with LAL and get something for me.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree then. I just think George needs to fulfill his contractual obligations and let the season play out before deciding on his future. What we get for him in return is not as relevant to me. Because I've said all along that if we're going to rebuild, we might as well do it with cap space and not take some garbage contract such as Clarkson, Deng, or Mozgov (Mozgov was just traded regardless).

Back to the subject of Durant, I don't think anyone has a problem with the nature of how he handled free agency. I think the beef with him stems from the fact that joined the team that beat him in the playoffs just a month earlier.

That's what you're not grasping. George is letting his contract play out. All he did was tell the Pacers that they have no chance of resigning him. From all accounts it doesn't look like he's asking to be traded, he's just letting Indiana know that when free agency starts next season, he won't be coming back. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you do work for McDonald's.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The Lakers when Shaq left, are a good example of why it's good to try to get something. They didn't get nearly what Shaq was worth and none of those players were still with them when they won their last 2 titles, except for 1 guy. Lamar Odom, who was a very big part of those championships.
Precisely. Also, don't forget about Caron Butler. Would of been a great piece if they didnt trade him off....but staying on the subject, Indy just HAS to get what they can for him, because something is better than nothing. Young guys and assets is a good starting point, towards starting a decent core, with the hope of hitting it big in the draft

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I

So sticking with these terms...don't you find it commendable that Paul George put in his 2 week notice? I mean he could of quit on the spot(demand trade or leave as free agent), and that REALLY would of put people in a tough spot

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely. Also, don't forget about Caron Butler. Would of been a great piece if they didnt trade him off....but staying on the subject, Indy just HAS to get what they can for him, because something is better than nothing. Young guys and assets is a good starting point, towards starting a decent core, with the hope of hitting it big in the draft

Exactly. Losing George basically means that the Pacers have to rebuild. By trading him now, they get the opportunity to start the rebuild a year earlier and with more assets at their disposal.

With, for example, the Lakers proposed trade, they would get a good young player in Randle or Clarkson, plus the 2 extra first round picks this year.

If George didn't make them aware of his intentions, they would only have this years pick and next years pick as the beginning of their rebuild. Also, with George off the team, their pick next year is likely to be a lottery pick, where it probably isn't if he stays.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked, Paul George is not your co-worker. How much loyalty would the Pacers be showing if they decided to trade him? Would you be here hating on the FO for being disloyal if that happened? Something tells me you wouldn't.

Paul George is not bigger than the organization. Just like I'm not bigger than mine.