• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm done with George and don't want him back at this point

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I

So sticking with these terms...don't you find it commendable that Paul George put in his 2 week notice? I mean he could of quit on the spot(demand trade or leave as free agent), and that REALLY would of put people in a tough spot

Well, if he quit while under contract, you don't think a case would be coming for conduct detrimental to the team?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Losing George basically means that the Pacers have to rebuild. By trading him now, they get the opportunity to start the rebuild a year earlier and with more assets at their disposal.

With, for example, the Lakers proposed trade, they would get a good young player in Randle or Clarkson, plus the 2 extra first round picks this year.

If George didn't make them aware of his intentions, they would only have this years pick and next years pick as the beginning of their rebuild. Also, with George off the team, their pick next year is likely to be a lottery pick, where it probably isn't if he stays.

Looks like another pretty good draft class next year too. I would want to be in the lottery if I were a Pacer fan.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are missing the point.

He doesn't have to be lead dog for the Lakers.

All he needs to do is have the ability to make guys want to play with him.

* Lebron, Westbrook etc *

In his defense, who else was remotely equipped to be the lead guy in Indy?

Who was his best teammate?

Hill? Lance? Monta? Hibbert? West?

West took a 12 million dollar pay cut because he wanted to win.

Tells me all I need to know about that franchise and why he wants to leave.

I know all to sell what it feels like to lose your best player.

It's on management.

LeBron and Westbrook aren't coming to the Lakers. I'd put money on it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George is not bigger than the organization. Just like I'm not bigger than mine.

What does him not being bigger than the organization have to do with claiming he's disloyal for leaving?

He feels it's in his best interest to leave and is giving the Pacers advance notice so that they can actually get something for him and he's disloyal.

But if the Pacers felt trading him was in their best interest and traded him with no notice, that would not be disloyal.

Seems like a bit of a double standard.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does him not being bigger than the organization have to do with claiming he's disloyal for leaving?

He feels it's in his best interest to leave and is giving the Pacers advance notice so that they can actually get something for him and he's disloyal.

But if the Pacers felt trading him was in their best interest and traded him with no notice, that would not be disloyal.

Seems like a bit of a double standard.

You're exactly right. It is a double standard. The organization's best interest > Paul George's best interest.

Same goes for any individual employee in whatever work environment they're in.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're exactly right. It is a double standard. The organization's best interest > Paul George's best interest.

I don't think you understand what is meant by best interest and that it's a 2 way street.

Employees have the right to look out for their own best interests and the organization they work for has the right to do the same.

Sometimes, it is in the best interest of both to maintain the relationship. Sometimes it is in the best interest of 1 to separate from the other and sometimes it's mutual.

In this case, the employee feels it is in his best interest to leave while the organization disagrees.

At my job, I had an assistant who was awesome. Absolutely the best assistant I have ever had. Unfortunately, she felt it was in her best interest to leave so that she could go back to school and pursue her dream career. Selfishly, I disagreed because I didn't want to lose her. However, I wished her well and told her that she would always have a job if things didn't work out as she hoped.

As much as I hated to see her go, I would have hated even more to find out that she didn't pursue her dream because of some misguided sense of loyalty to me and/or the company I work for.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing you wish free agency was not a thing either

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I

So sticking with these terms...don't you find it commendable that Paul George put in his 2 week notice? I mean he could of quit on the spot(demand trade or leave as free agent), and that REALLY would of put people in a tough spot

Hurricane is too wrapped up into this emotionally to see it objectively I think. I get it, but I also get that PG hasn't done anything wrong.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if he quit while under contract, you don't think a case would be coming for conduct detrimental to the team?
Well I mean, if he were to demand a trade, and then mail it in if he didnt get traded, I'd call that quitting as well, but he'd still get paid

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George has always been a bland, meh player to me. If I were an Indiana fan I'd be indifferent to the situation. You're not a serious contender if he is the face of your team anyway.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only two years older than George, and we've all seen his maturity level.:clap:
Obviously better than yours - He is 27 years old and you're 29 still wishing injuries on people, getting into feuds with other posters and slamming the moderators for doing their job. I haven't seen that level of maturity since the 8th grade.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry me a fucking river. If I made these antics toward my job as George has, my ass would be fired.
The man has honored his contract and played as hard as he could. The only thing he done was be honest with Indiana and let them know he intended to test free agency in 2018 and not to count on him. Granted that he should have been dishonest about and not warned them. He should have kept his mouth shut and waited until it was too late for them trade him and get something back. Right?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've remained his home town team.
I think firing Jim Buss should count for something

I also think Jeanie posing in the nude should count for a lot - she has a nice body - even though that was more than five years ago

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand what is meant by best interest and that it's a 2 way street.

Employees have the right to look out for their own best interests and the organization they work for has the right to do the same.

Sometimes, it is in the best interest of both to maintain the relationship. Sometimes it is in the best interest of 1 to separate from the other and sometimes it's mutual.

In this case, the employee feels it is in his best interest to leave while the organization disagrees.

At my job, I had an assistant who was awesome. Absolutely the best assistant I have ever had. Unfortunately, she felt it was in her best interest to leave so that she could go back to school and pursue her dream career. Selfishly, I disagreed because I didn't want to lose her. However, I wished her well and told her that she would always have a job if things didn't work out as she hoped.

As much as I hated to see her go, I would have hated even more to find out that she didn't pursue her dream because of some misguided sense of loyalty to me and/or the company I work for.

Fair point, but a bit of a reach. Unless you think the Lakers could land LeBron I don't see it as a better opportunity for George given the bloodbath nature of the Western Conference.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebroinfa.gif

LeBron-James-Game-Winning-Lay-Up-Game-1-2013-ECF.gif

giphy.gif

Heat logo now missing from your profile...Can't imagine why.:doh:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one on the Members Only board that tops everything

Not even close. That wasn't a rant...Those were facts. I'm pretty sure I've never wished injury on another human being in my life before let alone on a message board.