• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm done with George and don't want him back at this point

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he realizes that NBA players are people. They are cyborgs created for his personal entertainment.
He knows. He just doesn't care because he is selfish and arrogant

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selective outrage...lol

Cp3 left the Clippers because of their inability to compete, their toxic, nepotistic environment and their resistance to offer that 5th year.

That's all on Doc and the Clippers.

You don't see me bitching and blowing snot rockets all over the keyboard with my tears of anguish.

You certainly don't see me wishing injury on the Dude.

Some fans refuse to see it both ways.

Cane is clearly one of them.

Yeah, nothing wrong with being passionate about one's team, but there's a point where it's time to remove emotion and look at things logically.

None of us are completely objective when it comes to our teams. That's just the nature of being fans. None of us likes seeing players reject our teams. But it happens. End of the day, it's a business and both the teams and the players need to do what they feel is best for them.

We can debate all day and night about whether or not that team/player made the right decision. But not whether or not they should have that choice or bashing them for making it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I was trying to point out in my reply to Shaqdaddy, this thread was the VERY FIRST time in my life I've ever wished injury on another human being (@tlance take notes).

Even though I've never wished injury on Solomon Hill or Hibbert, I still place the blame for those situations in other areas. Hibbert for his complacency and Vogel for for using Hill enough in each of their final season here. @Mecca
So, basically the organization did what was best for the Teams long-term goals by trading Hibbert, not retaining Hill?

Maybe George thinks being elsewhere is what's best for his long-term goals.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I was trying to point out in my reply to Shaqdaddy, this thread was the VERY FIRST time in my life I've ever wished injury on another human being (@tlance take notes).

Even though I've never wished injury on Solomon Hill or Hibbert, I still place the blame for those situations in other areas. Hibbert for his complacency and Vogel for for using Hill enough in each of their final season here. @Mecca
Bullshit

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, you're very first time wishing injury on another human being doesn't happen because they harmed or threatened to harm you or someone you care for.

It doesn't come because of some egregious wrong that someone did to a defenseless child or animal.

It comes because a basketball player chose to leave a team you like.

Perspective.

You should try some.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*I was referring to "before I made this thread".

Brilliant.

You keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper with every post.

You want to know what people around here think of you? Check pages 306-309 in the offseason thread. You need serious help. You want to make yourself out to be a victim, but you aren't. Nobody here respects you because of behavior you demonstrate time and again. This thread being a prime example.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to get a grip.

Indiana is a small market. Small market teams almost never attract big name FAs unless they have a superstar on the roster along with a winning culture (think SA). That is fact. There is absolutely nothing personal in that comment.

The fact that you take that as a personal attack only speaks to your maturity level. You like Indiana, so you take it as an attack when someone points out that your city isn't as attractive as the bright lights of LA. It is fact. Small market culture can be a lot of fun, but it still isn't what most players seek.

By the way, an example of a personal attack would be name calling someone you don't agree with or posting FU with someone's name attached to it on an OP. You know, things that you do routinely.

So yeah, keep coming at me and see how it works out for you. Just know that you are the one escalating each and every time. I am here to talk basketball. But if you start in on me, I will finish it.

And I'm sure in your mind this is another "factual opinion" from the "infinite wisdom" of tlance. For the record, "market size" is exactly the type of thing commissioner Silver wanted to place less emphasis on when it came to free agency. You can read his comments after Durant first made his move if you don't believe me.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put, I was unhappy about George's sense of entitlement given that he was still under contract with the Pacers.

And I'm sure in your mind this is another "factual opinion" from the "infinite wisdom" of tlance. For the record, "market size" is exactly the type of thing commissioner Silver wanted to place less emphasis on when it came to free agency. You can read his comments after Durant first made his move if you don't believe me.

I don't give a crap about what Stern wanted. It isn't reality. Market size and climate are things that will always matter to players.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically the organization did what was best for the Teams long-term goals by trading Hibbert, not retaining Hill?

Maybe George thinks being elsewhere is what's best for his long-term goals.

Simply put, I was unhappy about George's sense of entitlement given that he was still under contract with the Pacers. Getting something in return for him didn't mean as much to me because I pretty much knew all along that we weren't going to get a substantial return for him with just one year left on his contract.

Taking on Oladipo's contract is not ideal, but I'm also aware that if we did not bring him in through that trade, that we probably would have used that money to bring back Jeff Teague, who is four years older than 'Dipo.

I basically spent the middle of the night last night on SportsHoopla replying to old quotes directed at me, so I wouldn't feel like a coward.

But all in all, I'm ready to move on from George and am glad the trade is behind us. I hope he stays in OKC with Westbrook, but if he doesn't, I'll still have my own teams to worry about.

@trojanfan12

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put, I was unhappy about George's sense of entitlement given that he was still under contract with the Pacers.

I don't think you understand what the term "sense of entitlement" means.

By letting the Pacers know of his intentions when he did, he not only didn't show a sense of entitlement, he actually showed the Pacers a hell of a lot more loyalty than the Pacers showed Hill or Hibbert. He actually gave them plenty of time to get something for him in a trade, rather than just walking away and leaving them empty handed by letting them think they had a chance to re-sign him when they didn't.

Had he demanded a trade and refused to play for the Pacers or any other team besides the one he chose to be traded to (in this case, the Lakers)...that would have shown a sense of entitlement.

But that's not what he did.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give a crap about what Stern wanted. It isn't reality. Market size and climate are things that will always matter to players.

Even if it doesn't matter to the players themselves...it always will to their families...thus ensuring that it matters to the players.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread was the VERY FIRST time in my life I've ever wished injury on another human being

And that's 1 time too many. Wishing injury on anyone is simply fucked up. No matter how pissed off you are that George is no long a Pacer.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant.

You keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper with every post.

You want to know what people around here think of you? Check pages 306-309 in the offseason thread. You need serious help. You want to make yourself out to be a victim, but you aren't. Nobody here respects you because of behavior you demonstrate time and again. This thread being a prime example.

LOL

TLF will do anything to try and get a rise out of me. It goes back to our days when we used to be FB friends.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put, I was unhappy about George's sense of entitlement given that he was still under contract with the Pacers. Getting something in return for him didn't mean as much to me because I pretty much knew all along that we weren't going to get a substantial return for him with just one year left on his contract.

Taking on Oladipo's contract is not ideal, but I'm also aware that if we did not bring him in through that trade, that we probably would have used that money to bring back Jeff Teague, who is four years older than 'Dipo.

I basically spent the middle of the night last night on SportsHoopla replying to old quotes directed at me, so I wouldn't feel like a coward.

But all in all, I'm ready to move on from George and am glad the trade is behind us. I hope he stays in OKC with Westbrook, but if he doesn't, I'll still have my own teams to worry about.

@trojanfan12
Okay, fair enough.

Honestly, our situations are similar in a few ways.

Both of our Franchise players notified management of their intent to leave.

Both guys had a specific Team that they wanted to go to which torpedoed their current teams leverage.

Biggest difference is the George News leaked before a deal got done and the Rockets were willing to give the Clippers 2 dimes on the dollar in a return.

Who leaked the George News is a matter of debate. But, I think it was rival execs.

There is no replacing Chris Paul, no matter how many pieces the Clippers received. Your team took the smarter route by just blowing it up and starting over.

But, the Pacers are going to regret not taking the best deal, even if it would have kept George in the East with the Celtics, if those rumors are true.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand what the term "sense of entitlement" means.

By letting the Pacers know of his intentions when he did, he not only didn't show a sense of entitlement, he actually showed the Pacers a hell of a lot more loyalty than the Pacers showed Hill or Hibbert. He actually gave them plenty of time to get something for him in a trade, rather than just walking away and leaving them empty handed by letting them think they had a chance to re-sign him when they didn't.

Had he demanded a trade and refused to play for the Pacers or any other team besides the one he chose to be traded to (in this case, the Lakers)...that would have shown a sense of entitlement.

But that's not what he did.

amen.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

TLF will do anything to try and get a rise out of me. It goes back to our days when we used to be FB friends.

You really need to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror. You have a ton of enemies on here. And while some may be harder to get along with than others, when THAT MANY people have problems with you, the problem is you.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nothing wrong with being passionate about one's team, but there's a point where it's time to remove emotion and look at things logically.

None of us are completely objective when it comes to our teams. That's just the nature of being fans. None of us likes seeing players reject our teams. But it happens. End of the day, it's a business and both the teams and the players need to do what they feel is best for them.

We can debate all day and night about whether or not that team/player made the right decision. But not whether or not they should have that choice or bashing them for making it.

In 2008 Baron Davis opted out of his contract and left the Warriors. This was right after the Warriors first tasted a bit of success for the first time in a decade plus. When he returned to play the Warriors, the crowd gave him a great ovation.

Shit happens. Players changes teams. It's par for the course. But for some reasons fans think that players aren't able to make the best decisions for themselves.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's 1 time too many. Wishing injury on anyone is simply fucked up. No matter how pissed off you are that George is no long a Pacer.
For the record what hurricane said is the same thing every man that has smacked his wife around after the first time. They will always hit her again and again until he kills her or she leabe a him though

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selective outrage...lol

Cp3 left the Clippers because of their inability to compete, their toxic, nepotistic environment and their resistance to offer that 5th year.

That's all on Doc and the Clippers.

You don't see me bitching and blowing snot rockets all over the keyboard with my tears of anguish.

You certainly don't see me wishing injury on the Dude.

Some fans refuse to see it both ways.

Cane is clearly one of them.

lmfao @ "snot rockets". pretty gross visual there...:lol: