• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm done with George and don't want him back at this point

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is this comparable to Hill and Hibbert? It's like comparing apples to oranges. Those guys are/were individual employees. Hill was a free agent when the Pacers let walk and I'm pretty sure he's quite happy with his $48 million.

It's not apples and oranges at all. All the Pacers had to do was pay Hill what he was worth and he remains a Pacer. Your FO made the decision to let an important player walk and they got nothing in return. In short, Hill is no longer a Pacer because the Pacers FO made a decision to let him walk instead of pay him. So again, where was the Pacers loyalty to him?

Hibbert, despite having been a huge reason that the Pacers were almost able to take down Lebron and the Heat, was traded away as soon as the Pacers decided that he was no longer able to provide what they needed. Again, where was the Pacers loyalty to him?

George, on the other hand, put an entire organization in a pickle when he announced, with one year on his contract no less, what his intentions were and without letting the season play itself out.

No he didn't. The Pacers put themselves in a pickle when they started trying to trade him, apparently let other teams know why they were looking to trade him and either had one of the other teams leak that info or leaked it themselves.

By informing the Pacers of his intentions prior to the season, George gave them the opportunity to work out a trade so that they could get something for him. Hill didn't do that. The fact that the Pacers chose to take literally the worst offer they received is on them and just further illustrates why George wanted out in the first place.

The individual is not above the organization. Couldn't be more blunt than that. I'm not above my organization, and I don't even make millions of dollars to dry any tears with.

Do you know why it's customary to give an employer 2 weeks notice before leaving? The reason is so that the employer has time to hire and at least begin to train that employees replacement.

George gave the Pacers a whole years worth of notice so that they could have ample time to target and try to get something in return for him. In short, he gave the NBA version of his 2 weeks notice.

He didn't demand a trade, he didn't refuse to play for the Pacers until they traded him and from everything we've seen and heard, he had every intention of playing out the season. He just let them know that he'd be leaving at the end of the season.

As for your loyalty to your company. While admirable to a degree, it's also shortsighted. How loyal do you think your company would be to you if they decided that they could make more money by eliminating your position?

I love the company I work for. I worked for them about 15 years ago, left because the couldn't pay me what I needed to make at the time. I always hoped that I would be able to return one day. I was blessed enough for it to happen and they even pay me considerably more than they did back then. I even have a 3 hour round trip commute that I make every day because I like this company so much.

But make no mistake, if I were to be offered a position with another company that I felt was significantly better for myself and my family, I would leave again.

Just like they would let me go if they decided it was in their best interest to eliminate my position.

Last edited:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder isn't a free agent until 2020 and has a very team-friendly contract.

And the Pacers will be a borderline playoff team at best for the duration of that contract...Might as well go younger.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were a 7th seed last year, with a healthy George.

:noidea:
I've found it interesting that many of the teams manage to get one really good player through the draft and then never get much further. Makes me think the Lakers were really super lucky if both Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Julius Randle work out as quality players. I think the Lakers could have used Russell if they didn't need to undo the Mozgov disaster so badly. It's been said that the Lakers wants to dump the Clarkson and Deng contracts as well. I was just looking at the Clarkson contract - not a bad player but obvious over paid - I sure wish I was over-paid:lol: Just thing about how much money you would like to earn just putting up with your husband and kids - unless of course you prefer to do it for free:lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Pacers will be a borderline playoff team at best for the duration of that contract...Might as well go younger.

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cool thing is...I do have a choice.
A person who has been married a long time has learned there are times to just walk away from a discussion. Fortunately I learned that lesson by watching married men who never learned that lesson. It really wasn't pretty either:pound:But I digress - It's been said that Magic wants to dump the Clarkson contract and Luol Deng contract. Clarkson is as bad as Deng in my opinion and I think the right team might be glad to take him for nothing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were a 7th seed last year, with a healthy George.

:noidea:
I was looking at that - Miami was 41-41 and the Pacers were 42-40 - one game lost instead of won - would have put them in a dead heat for the last two spots with Miami and Chicago - With Paul George.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo looks absolutely terrific tonight. Game 1 is already a distant memory.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A person who has been married a long time has learned there are times to just walk away from a discussion. Fortunately I learned that lesson by watching married men who never learned that lesson. It really wasn't pretty either:pound:But I digress - It's been said that Magic wants to dump the Clarkson contract and Luol Deng contract. Clarkson is as bad as Deng in my opinion and I think the right team might be glad to take him for nothing.

Magic definitely wants to unload Deng. Clarkson was only trade bait because they were trying to get PG. Clarkson is valuable off the bench and as a spot starter.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic definitely wants to unload Deng. Clarkson was only trade bait because they were trying to get PG. Clarkson is valuable off the bench and as a spot starter.
Well Magic has said he wants to unload both of them, but that was the beauty of moving Mozgov right away - next year they can move another one and eventually some one will want Clarkson. I thought they gave him too much money, but I think he still has the potential to be worth his money

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong thread. LOL.
So what problems did you have with the HurricaneDG dipstick? He came to me on Facebook crying about you and having problems. I think I asked him what his problem was - because I don't think I have ever seen you argue with anyone - lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Magic has said he wants to unload both of them, but that was the beauty of moving Mozgov right away - next year they can move another one and eventually some one will want Clarkson. I thought they gave him too much money, but I think he still has the potential to be worth his money

You're going to need to link Magic saying that because outside of the Deng and Mozgov contracts, the only thing I've heard him say is that they'll consider trading anyone not named Brandon Ingram.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to need to link Magic saying that because outside of the Deng and Mozgov contracts, the only thing I've heard him say is that they'll consider trading anyone not named Brandon Ingram.
I think I saw another blog or whatever - I have a feeling it was either wishful thinking or an opinion on what needs to be done. For 2018- not this year, the gist is that the Lakers need to get deeper and Clarkson is not a great contract

Los Angeles Lakers: How much cap space do they have this summer?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw another blog or whatever - I have a feeling it was either wishful thinking or an opinion on what needs to be done. For 2018- not this year, the gist is that the Lakers need to get deeper and Clarkson is not a great contract

Los Angeles Lakers: How much cap space do they have this summer?

Deng is the contract that needs to go. Clarkson is fine and his salary is line with what he brings. If they unload Deng or even just stretch him...that should give them the cap space they are looking for.

It's probably wishful thinking, but I'm hoping Deng will play better this year and that the Lakers may find a team to take him off their hands at the trade deadline.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng is the contract that needs to go. Clarkson is fine and his salary is line with what he brings. If they unload Deng or even just stretch him...that should give them the cap space they are looking for.

It's probably wishful thinking, but I'm hoping Deng will play better this year and that the Lakers may find a team to take him off their hands at the trade deadline.
Yeah that writer was arguing that the Lakers could package Randle, Clarksoln and Deng for PG and to that deal I might hav e thought about it but Id like to see what Rand me does thisbyear