• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm done with George and don't want him back at this point

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what problems did you have with the HurricaneDG dipstick? He came to me on Facebook crying about you and having problems. I think I asked him what his problem was - because I don't think I have ever seen you argue with anyone - lol

He goes out of his way to instigate fights with me, then he cries when I put him in his place.

I have certainly gotten into it with a few, but it is him, Wiggy, SJ, etc.. basically the people many have issues with. Not surprised he would complain about me off the board, LOL. The threads are all here though. He has escalated things every time. Even tags me in conversations I am not part of to try to go at me. It is pretty funny really.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He goes out of his way to instigate fights with me, then he cries when I put him in his place.

I have certainly gotten into it with a few, but it is him, Wiggy, SJ, etc.. basically the people many have issues with. Not surprised he would complain about me off the board, LOL. The threads are all here though. He has escalated things every time. Even tags me in conversations I am not part of to try to go at me. It is pretty funny really.
Oh him the fag got bsktbllr and handicappers did that the last year to me in their thread. They want to slam you and expect you to say nothing

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were a 7th seed last year, with a healthy George.

:noidea:

So what exactly is your point here? If anything, you may have proved mine. Crowder is going to be a free agent in three years. If he is going to spend those three years of his prime on a lottery team, would he not for sure bolt once he hits FA status? Wouldn't that kind of make trading for him look like a waste?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that writer was arguing that the Lakers could package Randle, Clarksoln and Deng for PG and to that deal I might hav e thought about it but Id like to see what Rand me does thisbyear

I'd like to keep Randle too. It's too late now anyway, but Clarkson, Randle and Deng for PG would be okay. It would certainly be better than what Indy got.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to keep Randle too. It's too late now anyway, but Clarkson, Randle and Deng for PG would be okay. It would certainly be better than what Indy got.

I think this deal would have been sweet for Indy and good for the Lakers

Lakers get Paul George

Indiana gets

Clarkson - decent guard to replace PG
Deng
and the two lower picks that the Lakers got

The Lakers unloads the bad contracts and with Lopez and Paul George - we would have Ingram - Ball and Randle to balance the team and Zubac comes off the bench

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what exactly is your point here? If anything, you may have proved mine. Crowder is going to be a free agent in three years. If he is going to spend those three years of his prime on a lottery team, would he not for sure bolt once he hits FA status? Wouldn't that kind of make trading for him look like a waste?
So, why are you mad that Paul in his prime didnt want to stick around to be on a borderline Playoff team?

Wouldn't staying there for 3 more years also be a waste of his time?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers get Paul George

Indiana gets

Deng

The Lakers unloads the bad contracts and with Lopez and Paul George - we would have Ingram - Ball and Randle to balance the team and Zubac comes off the bench

Why facepalm this Todd?

It's a far better deal than Indiana got now!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, why are you mad that Paul in his prime didnt want to stick around to be on a borderline Playoff team?

Wouldn't staying there for 3 more years also be a waste of his time?

Well,

It seems like he would have preferred if PG didn't say a word
Why facepalm this Todd?

It's a far better deal than Indiana got now!

Sorry, but no it isn't.

You might have a case if you subtracted Deng from the package. But, it would have cost those 2 first rounders simply to move Deng. Clarkson is not better for Indiana than Oladipo + Sabonis.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but no it isn't.

You might have a case if you subtracted Deng from the package. But, it would have cost those 2 first rounders simply to move Deng. Clarkson is not better for Indiana than Oladipo + Sabonis.

Deng was never part of the package. It was going to be Randle or Clarkson and the two last first round picks. Had they been a little more patient, they could have had both Randle and Clarkson plus the picks.

If you're planning to rebuild, that is a better deal than OKC. By a mile.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng was never part of the package. It was going to be Randle or Clarkson and the two last first round picks. Had they been a little more patient, they could have had both Randle and Clarkson plus the picks.

I know that.

But, he was part of TLF's proposal that got facepalmed. As much as I hate to stick up for what's his name, he was correct to faceplam that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that.

But, he was part of TLF's proposal that got facepalmed. As much as I hate to stick up for what's his name, he was correct to faceplam that.

Todd is very easy with the facepalm button. He just failed to provide an explanation for it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Magic Johnson would have gladly given them both Randle and Clarkson Plus those two picks - The Clarkson contract is not a horrible contract, but the guy is not worth 12 million a year - In my opinion he's a 6 million a year player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Magic Johnson would have gladly given them both Randle and Clarkson Plus those two picks - The Clarkson contract is not a horrible contract, but the guy is not worth 12 million a year - In my opinion he's a 6 million a year player.

How is Clarkson overpaid at $12.5m a year? Have you seen the contracts they hand out nowadays?

Clarkson has been one of the better player on the Lakers the last three years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers get Paul George

Indiana gets

Deng

That actually would be almost as bad, if not worse than what they got from OKC. Lower 1st round picks like that typically don't get you much more than decent role players and Clarkson is a very good 1st or 2nd guy off the bench/occasional starter (think younger Lou Williams) and Deng is just a bad contract that has too many years on it to really even be a good expiring contract.

The original offer of the 2 picks plus Randle or Clarkson would have been better than your proposed trade because at least, if they took Randle, they get a starting quality PF who has been improving every year.

If they had been patient and were able to get both Randle and Clarkson along with the picks, that would have been a really nice haul for them. It still wouldn't have been what PG is actually worth, but they weren't going to get that anyway once it was leaked that he wanted out and wanted to go to the Lakers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually would be almost as bad, if not worse than what they got from OKC. Lower 1st round picks like that typically don't get you much more than decent role players and Clarkson is a very good 1st or 2nd guy off the bench/occasional starter (think younger Lou Williams) and Deng is just a bad contract that has too many years on it to really even be a good expiring contract.

The original offer of the 2 picks plus Randle or Clarkson would have been better than your proposed trade because at least, if they took Randle, they get a starting quality PF who has been improving every year.

If they had been patient and were able to get both Randle and Clarkson along with the picks, that would have been a really nice haul for them. It still wouldn't have been what PG is actually worth, but they weren't going to get that anyway once it was leaked that he wanted out and wanted to go to the Lakers.
Actually - I intended to give them those two picks and Randle, but stick Deng into that equation if possible - I doubt that it is - I think that Deng is going to really be tough to move - that might be wishful thinking on my part. Okay it is, I am greedy

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With salaries today, Clarkson is actually worth his contract.
Some of the internet seems to think Magic will want to move it and the Deng Contract. I think he is decent back up and still has the potential to get better.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually - I intended to give them those two picks and Randle, but stick Deng into that equation if possible - I doubt that it is - I think that Deng is going to really be tough to move - that might be wishful thinking on my part. Okay it is, I am greedy

It's a minor miracle that they were able to move the Mozgov contract. Thank goodness for the Nets. lol

They'll have better luck unloading Deng at the trade deadline (especially if he plays well) or more likely next off-season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the internet seems to think Magic will want to move it and the Deng Contract. I think he is decent back up and still has the potential to get better.

Of course the Lakers may try to move the contract. His $12 million along with the Deng contract opens up something like $26-28 million in cap space on top of what they will already have. But they wouldn't be moving it because it's a bad contract. They'd be moving it for the cap space and the fact that what Clarkson brings can be replicated by other players after they have landed whatever big fish they can get.

Example: If Lopez plays well, they may want to bring him back while hopefully adding a couple of top FA's. Clarksons $12 million could help facilitate that.