• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm Back!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm headed back to California. Should get there late January.
Not looking forward to California but my pay will be very good and help my retirement pay ("high 3")
I am still undecided on where to retire. Georgia, S. Carolina, N. Carolina and Tennessee high on list.
I will spend the next year doing paperwork and setting myself up for retirement.
I think I have my wife convinced to build a little house out on a piece of land in the middle of Bumfuk......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking forward to California but my pay will be very good and help my retirement pay ("high 3")
I am still undecided on where to retire. Georgia, S. Carolina, N. Carolina and Tennessee high on list.
I will spend the next year doing paperwork and setting myself up for retirement.
I think I have my wife convinced to build a little house out on a piece of land in the middle of Bumfuk......

The 5 Best States to Retire in 2020 | The Motley Fool

NC and TN are both top 5 (4 & 5) states to retire.

Asheville and Nashville are both great cities as well.
Smaller cities that offer the best of everything without the huge urban sprawl.

TN, no state income tax, higher sales tax.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idaho is very pretty! And I hate being the only Patriots fan here!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5 Best States to Retire in 2020 | The Motley Fool

NC and TN are both top 5 (4 & 5) states to retire.

Asheville and Nashville are both great cities as well.
Smaller cities that offer the best of everything without the huge urban sprawl.

TN, no state income tax, higher sales tax.

My brother lives just outside Chatanooga, TN on Signal Hill. He bought a place about 15 years ago for about $200K and it's worth about $900K today. He loves it and a bunch of people he knew in Maine have migrated there as well.

My son was in Ashville after his App. Trail accident and said it was one of friendliest places he's ever been.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother lives just outside Chatanooga, TN on Signal Hill. He bought a place about 15 years ago for about $200K and it's worth about $900K today. He loves it and a bunch of people he knew in Maine have migrated there as well.

My son was in Ashville after his App. Trail accident and said it was one of friendliest places he's ever been.

Very close.

A little bit of snow most winters. Just a couple of inches a few times a year most years.
An ass kicker every 10 years or so.
Just enough to let you laugh at the locals.

Beautiful mountains spring and summer, foliage is awesome in the fall.

North Georgia is very similar, not sure about taxes and cost of living.

Fuckin hot from mid June through September though.
Through September, not to September. This year (2019...) it hit 97 second week of October and had been that since August.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just ran the Ragnar relay race from Chattanooga Nashville. Beautiful country.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm in California in the Mojave Desert. Ill be here for a year. The desrt would be beautiful if you got rid of the people.
I'm in striking distancew to Rams, Raiders and Chargers. Maybe I'll get to see a game.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm in California in the Mojave Desert. Ill be here for a year. The desrt would be beautiful if you got rid of the people.
I'm in striking distancew to Rams, Raiders and Chargers. Maybe I'll get to see a game.....

I could work at Fort Irwin if I desired.

No fuckin desire.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm toying with the idea of going back to Vietnam for a vacation before I die. Problem is that should some former VC or NVA recognize me, I might become a war casualty 50 years after it was over.

A Vietnamese friend of my wife has a sister who owns a vacation resort and has said we can stay there for free. I really could go for a real bowl of chicken noodles.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm toying with the idea of going back to Vietnam for a vacation before I die. Problem is that should some former VC or NVA recognize me, I might become a war casualty 50 years after it was over.

A Vietnamese friend of my wife has a sister who owns a vacation resort and has said we can stay there for free. I really could go for a real bowl of chicken noodles.

hey @BigKen did you see this a few months back figured this would interest you with your post

ESPN Documentary Shows Rocky Bleier's Emotional Return to Vietnam

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been unable to post since the Superbowl. Technical problems.
I could not have been on much because I'm going back overseas. I'm deciding between going back to Okinawa or going to Rota, Spain. Tough decision!
Get a one way ticket... :dhd:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could work at Fort Irwin if I desired.

No fuckin desire.

Took a drive to Irwin yestrday to see what what was there. Couldn't find anything.
I'm glad I was never sentenced to serve there. Great place for desert training though - like Afghanistan with darker rock.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey @BigKen did you see this a few months back figured this would interest you with your post

ESPN Documentary Shows Rocky Bleier's Emotional Return to Vietnam

Thanks. As emotional as he got, I'm sure I would be just like that. There are days that I cry uncontrollably when I think of the guys that I could never get out and some that I know never made it. If I went back, I don't know if it would bring closure or open an old wound even more.

The landscape sure brought back memories.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a drive to Irwin yestrday to see what what was there. Couldn't find anything.
I'm glad I was never sentenced to serve there. Great place for desert training though - like Afghanistan with darker rock.....

I would like to visit.
Problem is I fear they would transfer me while I was visiting.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm sitting here in temporary lodging. Wife in North Carolina. Don't know anybody here. I have no barbecue. My stuff is all on a ship making it's way slowly across the Pacific. The Patriots are not in the Superbowl. Very strange feeling to the Super Bowl this year.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to a hopping sports bar and root hard for the team that the bar is supporting. You'll have fun and make new friends.

It it's KC you can talk of how you admire Reid and how much it hurts to have your team play against Mahomes and how hard it is to not like him. If it's SF you can talk about Shanahan being gifted Garopollo because he's a good guy and Garoppollo deserved better than the Browns. Either way you'll have drunk happy supporters eating out of your hand.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any ass repair salve??? I haven't had this many teeth break the skin since that frigging German Shepard broke his chain and lunched on my buns in 1962.

KC fans got a bit touchy when I said that the Chiefs were gifted the Super Bowl because they didn't have to face the Patriots or Ravens. Ouch.........talk about sensitive. Yeah, both the KC fans and my ass.

The suicide rate will go up in the mid-west tonight around 10:00 PM.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any ass repair salve??? I haven't had this many teeth break the skin since that frigging German Shepard broke his chain and lunched on my buns in 1962.

KC fans got a bit touchy when I said that the Chiefs were gifted the Super Bowl because they didn't have to face the Patriots or Ravens. Ouch.........talk about sensitive. Yeah, both the KC fans and my ass.

The suicide rate will go up in the mid-west tonight around 10:00 PM.

They won't need that camera posted on the Golden Gate Bridge?