• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ilya Bryzgalov Thread

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we cant plant a dman in front of Bryzgalov to knock anything off the doorstep. Or maybe we can score some goals against fucking Garon. I hate goalies. I hate Bryzgalov. But I will defend him on this.

Fuck you all, be back on later. Making a cheesesteak

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we cant plant a dman in front of Bryzgalov to knock anything off the doorstep. Or maybe we can score some goals against fucking Garon. I hate goalies. I hate Bryzgalov. But I will defend him on this.

Or Maybe we should play the 0-0-3-1-0-1 (signifies nobody til the red line, 3 there, 1 behind the blue line, 1 taking it in the ass from the goalie) to cater our team to the 6 million dollar goalie that can't see past a screen set by the mammoth of a man Marty st Louis.

Also fuck the lightning and their shit filled eye gouging system. You make hockey worse than baseball, and for that, go fuck yourselves.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just so nobody gets confused as to why im pissed..

all of those are bryz-stats for a game this season, all of those are 100% unacceptable.. 6 games with a GAA over 5? 4 games with a save% under 8? an overall GAA over 3 for the season and a sv% under .89? i know stats dont tell the whole story, but i'm sorry, at some point you gotta start pointing the finger at the guy that's supposed to be stopping the puck..

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Maybe we should play the 0-0-3-1-0-1 (signifies nobody til the red line, 3 there, 1 behind the blue line, 1 taking it in the ass from the goalie) to cater our team to the 6 million dollar goalie that can't see past a screen set by the mammoth of a man Marty st Louis.

Also fuck the lightning and their shit filled eye gouging system. You make hockey worse than baseball, and for that, go fuck yourselves.

Well even if we do play this system, that is changing the D and not the goalie.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm just not a fan of stats, especially when it comes to goalies. They don't account for dumb defensive play. I am not saying Bryz has been stellar...yes he has been disappointing thus far.

But we have a team that will be solid defensively, block many shots, but then do what they did last night and leave the Stamkos' of the world wide open.

tdflyers

Flyer fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Start Bob on Thursday and if he plays well, start him in the classic. The WC should be treated as any other game. 2pts is 2pts. Anyone remember the 1pt they needed in OT against the Rangers just to get in the playoffs?

Enough of this crap. Bob needs a chance to take this team.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now this is what I'm talking about. Mmmm a good Philly cheesesteak.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start Bob on Thursday and if he plays well, start him in the classic. The WC should be treated as any other game. 2pts is 2pts. Anyone remember the 1pt they needed in OT against the Rangers just to get in the playoffs?

Enough of this crap. Bob needs a chance to take this team.

Not trying to be a dick TD, but I disagree. He had his chance last year and we all know how that turned out. Yes, he's a damn good goalie down low, but Ray f'n Charles could beat him straight on or high.

Our boys prefer to play the forecheck pressure system with the D-men pinching. So when they get caught the idea is to have a goalie back there who can actually stop a breakaway to save their asses. Bob cannot stop a breakaway to save his life.

tdflyers

Flyer fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not trying to be a dick TD, but I disagree. He had his chance last year and we all know how that turned out. Yes, he's a damn good goalie down low, but Ray f'n Charles could beat him straight on or high.

Our boys prefer to play the forecheck pressure system with the D-men pinching. So when they get caught the idea is to have a goalie back there who can actually stop a breakaway to save their asses. Bob cannot stop a breakaway to save his life.

Dick. jk.
Agreed that he needs to work on staying up.

Did you see the shootout with Bryz in net? I believe if Bob can't stop a breakaway, Bryz surely can not either.

My point is that at some point Bryz can't be allowed to just keep playing through this. If Bob gets a chance (Thurs?) and wins. I think you have to keep playing him until he screws it up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not a fan of stats, especially when it comes to goalies. They don't account for dumb defensive play. I am not saying Bryz has been stellar...yes he has been disappointing thus far.

But we have a team that will be solid defensively, block many shots, but then do what they did last night and leave the Stamkos' of the world wide open.

Through a game or two or even 10 I agree with you, but bryz has played clOse to 30 games now. If it were a couple bad defensive games it wouldn't butcher his stats. The defense hasn't been stellar but this team is going no where if teams are guaranteed a goal if there's traffic. Thats how you play playoff hockey, traffic. The defense isn't goin to box everyone out on every play

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.
I think we're all in agreement that the goaltending has been way less than expected from both.

I personally think that their defence needs a major overhaul.Learn how to take out a man,clear out a rebound,and do a clearout pass.One of the main flaws on d is speed.

If you're going to pinch you better be damn sure someone is covering as they have been giving up a shitload of odd man rushes.

Finally,Bryz is a vet.He's had his time to learn the "system".There is no need to make excuses for his bad play as you would a rookie.Sugarcoated shit,is still shit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.
I think we're all in agreement that the goaltending has been way less than expected from both.

I personally think that their defence needs a major overhaul.Learn how to take out a man,clear out a rebound,and do a clearout pass.One of the main flaws on d is speed.

If you're going to pinch you better be damn sure someone is covering as they have been giving up a shitload of odd man rushes.

Finally,Bryz is a vet.He's had his time to learn the "system".There is no need to make excuses for his bad play as you would a rookie.Sugarcoated shit,is still shit.

I agree with everything except the speed of the dmen. Timo, carle, mesz, and especially coburn have very capable wheels. Gust does too once he gets back. They need to use their size though. I've been clamoring for a clear the crease dman since they drafted sbisa and thought pronger would be the solution, but he didn't do a damn thing either.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything except the speed of the dmen. Timo, carle, mesz, and especially coburn have very capable wheels. Gust does too once he gets back. They need to use their size though.I've been clamoring for a clear the crease dman since they drafted sbisa and thought pronger would be the solution, but he didn't do a damn thing either.

With Walker,Lilja and Coburn it's surely not do to a lack of size.I can't figure out for the life of me why they don't hit more guys.

as for d-man speed that I mentioned,I do think that they are adequate but I'm hoping they can get a guy that can lead breakout rushes like Orr and Coffey use to do.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys you have to remember that you simply can't crosscheck a guy in front of your net anymore. All they do is fall over like a ton of bricks and you're headed to the box for interference or roughing. All that you can do is gently push a player out of the way and by that point the shots off. Bettman has made this very tough on dmen with his ice dancing rules. The only way to defend these days is team defense and the forwards have to do a better job of covering their points and slot. If you watched 24/7 all you hear is torts saying play D like I taught ya...haha!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Walker,Lilja and Coburn it's surely not do to a lack of size.I can't figure out for the life of me why they don't hit more guys.

as for d-man speed that I mentioned,I do think that they are adequate but I'm hoping they can get a guy that can lead breakout rushes like Orr and Coffey use to do.

Lol might as well shoot for the stars eh 4th?? The two best offensive dmen of all time?

Guys you have to remember that you simply can't crosscheck a guy in front of your net anymore. All they do is fall over like a ton of bricks and you're headed to the box for interference or roughing. All that you can do is gently push a player out of the way and by that point the shots off. Bettman has made this very tough on dmen with his ice dancing rules. The only way to defend these days is team defense and the forwards have to do a better job of covering their points and slot. If you watched 24/7 all you hear is torts saying play D like I taught ya...haha!

All the more reason bryz needs to be able to see around a little screen.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol might as well shoot for the stars eh 4th?? The two best offensive dmen of all time?

All the more reason bryz needs to be able to see around a little screen.

Agreed Bryz has to do a better job of seeing the screens but on that one goal the puck had a sliver to go through on top of 8 legs and it found its way in. Sometimes there's nothing that you can do. The D also has to find that happy medium of shoving guys out of the slot without drawing a penalty....its tough though. I'm confident that Bryz will get better but the D also have to tighten things up.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob has outplayed Bryz by a wide margin this year -- it's really not even close. He deserves to start in the WC.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just so nobody gets confused as to why im pissed..

all of those are bryz-stats for a game this season, all of those are 100% unacceptable.. 6 games with a GAA over 5? 4 games with a save% under 8? an overall GAA over 3 for the season and a sv% under .89? i know stats dont tell the whole story, but i'm sorry, at some point you gotta start pointing the finger at the guy that's supposed to be stopping the puck..

To compare, Bob only has 3 games this year with a Sv% under .900