• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ilya Bryzgalov Thread

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol True. I've all but given up seeing a shutout. As long as we keep getting the "W" who cares, right?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol True. I've all but given up seeing a shutout. As long as we keep getting the "W" who cares, right?

Ya I guess so but its a nice reward for the boys...plus I have Bryz in my hockey pool got fucked out of 2 pts last night! But it was nice to see them blow up the caps without their stars who many predicted were winning the cup this year. Love it!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it might be time to give bryz a week or two off...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it might be time to give bryz a week or two off...

I'm not watching the game. However, I'm hearing he is sucking pretty bad. Has he been yanked yet?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or not leave the best goal scorer in the world wide open in front of the net

That's an option too, but those 2 might be irrelevant at the end of this one. Those first two goals were horrible. Bryz can't make a save after watching the flyers dominate for more than 2 minutes at a time. I bet that's annoying as fuck for the forwards. Basically bryz tells them if they start dominating a game you better dominate the whole game cause I'm clockin out

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn't been a good goal yet. Stamkos Back door. Stamkos out front. Downie Back door. Schenn deflection.

This one is all on defense.

If you don't blame bryz at all for the first one I'm done talking goaltending with you. Bryz is Swiss cheese when he goes down. Massive holes five hole and between both arms.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's an option too, but those 2 might be irrelevant at the end of this one. Those first two goals were horrible. Bryz can't make a save after watching the flyers dominate for more than 2 minutes at a time. I bet that's annoying as fuck for the forwards. Basically bryz tells them if they start dominating a game you better dominate the whole game cause I'm clockin out

We are all still waiting for him to steal some games, but I just can't blame him when pucks are getting deflected and guys are wide open at the back door.

The Downie goal was luck.
The 1st goal was luck.
Stamkos should have a body on him the second he enters the zone. No excuse for leaving him wide open....twice.

Now Garon on the other hand has been lights out. Definitely stealing this one because we have had some great chances.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you don't blame bryz at all for the first one I'm done talking goaltending with you. Bryz is Swiss cheese when he goes down. Massive holes five hole and between both arms.

It got deflected. He obviously had it lined up and then it changed direction. Yea, it would be nice if he could take up more net and react quicker, but a deflection through a screen is just unlucky.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phaith its goaltending 101, square to the shooter with no holes. If it got deflected over his shoulder it'd be one thing, but most of these deflections are going 5-hole or under his arm. If he covers his 5-hole with his stick and keeps his arms at his sides, a good number of these deflections would get stopped. 4 goals on 12 shots (stats after 2 pd) should never happen, I don't care if the flyers are pk'ing for all 40 minutes

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all still waiting for him to steal some games, but I just can't blame him when pucks are getting deflected and guys are wide open at the back door.

The Downie goal was luck.
The 1st goal was luck.
Stamkos should have a body on him the second he enters the zone. No excuse for leaving him wide open....twice.

Now Garon on the other hand has been lights out. Definitely stealing this one because we have had some great chances.

And this makes my point, when goaltending decide the game and it's bryz vs garon, and the flyers lose, IMO it's unacceptable.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright he's fuckin awful. We're almost halfway through the season, this is awaz giving up. Bryzgalov is bad.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And this makes my point, when goaltending decide the game and it's bryz vs garon, and the flyers lose, IMO it's unacceptable.

Yea but you can't foresee Garon having many games like this. Bryz will be better. With a subpar defense, a goalie is nothing. We have some solid guys but we keep having these little mind lapses that turn into goals. Traffic in front and deflections are rarely on the goalie IMO. Thats just how I see and can never really blame a guy for it. I don't get upset over these goals in the least bit.

And that 5th goal is on Bryz

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but you can't foresee Garon having many games like this. Bryz will be better. With a subpar defense, a goalie is nothing. We have some solid guys but we keep having these little mind lapses that turn into goals. Traffic in front and deflections are rarely on the goalie IMO. Thats just how I see and can never really blame a guy for it. I don't get upset over these goals in the least bit.

And that 5th goal is on Bryz

The defense certainly hasn't been stellar, but a goalie isn't gunna get a clear view on every shot. And shots are going to get deflected. At some point you have to make a save on a deflection or with traffic. In the playoffs it's only gunna get worse. Stop studying the universe, the openings you leave in net are bigger.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 3 goals he should've stopped tonight IMO. The 1st he wasn't sealed up, the 2nd was a bad rebound (defense should have bailed him out, but shouldn't have been a rebound either). And the 5th he clearly didn't care anymore. 5 goals on 16 shots. 5 goals on 11 chances. 5. Goals.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There were 3 goals he should've stopped tonight IMO. The 1st he wasn't sealed up, the 2nd was a bad rebound (defense should have bailed him out, but shouldn't have been a rebound either). And the 5th he clearly didn't care anymore. 5 goals on 16 shots. 5 goals on 11 chances. 5. Goals.

The 5th one is the only one that concerns me. That showed he just gave up on the game when clearly the other guys on the ice did not. I can guarantee Bob starts on Thursday after that one.

Also the "F" word on TV isn't going to go over real well. He looked pissed.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5th one is the only one that concerns me. That showed he just gave up on the game when clearly the other guys on the ice did not. I can guarantee Bob starts on Thursday after that one.

Also the "F" word on TV isn't going to go over real well. He looked pissed.

Well I'm glad he cares at least. I hope he didn't blame the defense. Im sure the NHL will have punishment. Maybe they'll suspend him. One can hope.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright he's fuckin awful. We're almost halfway through the season, this is awaz giving up. Bryzgalov is bad.

And this is the shit I cannot understand. Bryz was great in Phoenix and then it's like he comes to Philly to suck as much as the other avg. Goalies around the league. Hopefully he will bounce back. It's not the first time this season where he has sucked consecutive times.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is the shit I cannot understand. Bryz was great in Phoenix and then it's like he comes to Philly to suck as much as the other avg. Goalies around the league. Hopefully he will bounce back. It's not the first time this season where he has sucked consecutive times.

He was great in Phoenix cause they had no talent and couldn't carry the play. Bryz gets 2 minutes of game time to himself and his mind drifts to the mysteries of the world and he's got no chance at having a good game.