• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Illinois can't catch a break

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post.php

I know im suppose to feel sorry for them, but come on. If we can't use the mascot then we should get to cut ties and wipe our hands clean of it. The tribe doesn't even exist anymore.

Edit post fail

An official from the University of Illinois says that a new campus committee will not be choosing a replacement for the school’s former Chief Illiniwek mascot. The new group, called the Native Imagery: Healing and Reconciliation, met for the 1st time on Thursday at the Urbana-Champaign campus. It was established back in September, after a release came out from the university that suggested the adoption of a new sports mascot and new traditions, in order to replace the Chief Illiniwek portrayal, which was dropped back in 2007 after complaints from American Indians that it was too offensive. Reports say that Chancellor Robert Jones says that the commission could recommend a process for picking a mascot, but would also look at ways to honor and partner with the Native American tribes. The commission included former Illinois athletes, trustees, former Chief Illiniwek portrayers and Native Americans.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
post.php

I know im suppose to feel sorry for them, but come on. If we can't use the mascot then we should get to cut ties and wipe our hands clean of it. The tribe doesn't even exist anymore.

Edit post fail

An official from the University of Illinois says that a new campus committee will not be choosing a replacement for the school’s former Chief Illiniwek mascot. The new group, called the Native Imagery: Healing and Reconciliation, met for the 1st time on Thursday at the Urbana-Champaign campus. It was established back in September, after a release came out from the university that suggested the adoption of a new sports mascot and new traditions, in order to replace the Chief Illiniwek portrayal, which was dropped back in 2007 after complaints from American Indians that it was too offensive. Reports say that Chancellor Robert Jones says that the commission could recommend a process for picking a mascot, but would also look at ways to honor and partner with the Native American tribes. The commission included former Illinois athletes, trustees, former Chief Illiniwek portrayers and Native Americans.

I’m with you in this. Young and talented.

They need some bigs. Rebounding is killing them and lack of post game too.

They are actually better with Frazier on the bench defensively. They made a serious 16-2 run at the end of the 1st half against Ohio st with him sitting

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back Chief we are such a puss society