• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Igoudala elite defensively? Also are warriors just a 5 seed at best?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the piece that you linked, but I watched a lot of Denver games last season and Iggy was very good defensively. He is also a very underrated passer, in my opinion. His shooting is very streaky and his FT shooting was particularly poor. Still, I think that getting him to go with what it already had makes GS one of the top two or three favorites in the West.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the piece that you linked, but I watched a lot of Denver games last season and Iggy was very good defensively. He is also a very underrated passer, in my opinion. His shooting is very streaky and his FT shooting was particularly poor. Still, I think that getting him to go with what it already had makes GS one of the top two or three favorites in the West.

Thank you someone has some common sense. I've watched igoudala a couple of times he can defend 3 positions very good. To me adding igoudala is HUGE. For golden state defensively. Don't you agree? I saw he does everything really well except he's inconsistent jump shooter but that's ok we have Barnes, Thompson, curry. I rather him try to finish at the Tim which he is excepetional at

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs 5th seed at best is wrong. I would say 6th seed at worst (as always, assuming decent health), maybe 3rd at best. But I'm expecting them to end up with probably the 4th or 5th seed. However, I think they may be more dangerous in the playoff than their regular season seed indicated, as last year. This is a team that was very good last year with some serious injuries, and Iguodala's an upgrade, so I don't see how you can't upgrade their projection.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, Iguodala is elite defensively. There isn't a player or coach in the league who would argue that. He shuts opponents down before the game starts by knowing what they're going to do, before they know they're going to do it. The epitome of a professional, he play defense with his brain before his body ever hits the court.

I am struggling mightily to project the top of the West. I can honestly see any one of 6 teams being in the top 2:
- Thunder: best record last year, but lost their #3 scorer and didn't really do much in the off-season
- Spurs: Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker are approximately 175 years old..... can they stay healthy and effective? Like OKC, they didn't seem to add much.
- Clippers: frankly, I don't see all the fuss. Even with Rivers, I don't see this team playing much of any defense, they have no back-up bigs (sorry, BJ Mullens), and are JJ Redick and Jared Dudley really all that?
- Memphis: solid..... but have they peaked? Little change to the roster, the biggest move was getting Kosta Koufos.....? Randolph, Prince, and Allen are all declining, they'll struggle to score.
- Houston: sure, they got Dwight Howard, but was center really their weakness? Still no PF or perimeter D, they're average or worse at 3 of the 5 starting positions.
- Golden State: it hinges on Bogut, and what they get from their bench. If healthy, the only things they seem to lack are a transcendent star (and maybe Curry can be that), and interior offense.

Seriously, I could see the Warriors finishing anywhere from 1st to 6th, though they'd definitely need some luck to be in the top couple of seeds (i.e. injuries to other teams while relative health to the Warriors, as well as breakout seasons from Klay and/or Barnes).

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Iguodala is elite defensively. There isn't a player or coach in the league who would argue that. He shuts opponents down before the game starts by knowing what they're going to do, before they know they're going to do it. The epitome of a professional, he play defense with his brain before his body ever hits the court.

I am struggling mightily to project the top of the West. I can honestly see any one of 6 teams being in the top 2:
- Thunder: best record last year, but lost their #3 scorer and didn't really do much in the off-season
- Spurs: Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker are approximately 175 years old..... can they stay healthy and effective? Like OKC, they didn't seem to add much.
- Clippers: frankly, I don't see all the fuss. Even with Rivers, I don't see this team playing much of any defense, they have no back-up bigs (sorry, BJ Mullens), and are JJ Redick and Jared Dudley really all that?
- Memphis: solid..... but have they peaked? Little change to the roster, the biggest move was getting Kosta Koufos.....? Randolph, Prince, and Allen are all declining, they'll struggle to score.
- Houston: sure, they got Dwight Howard, but was center really their weakness? Still no PF or perimeter D, they're average or worse at 3 of the 5 starting positions.
- Golden State: it hinges on Bogut, and what they get from their bench. If healthy, the only things they seem to lack are a transcendent star (and maybe Curry can be that), and interior offense.

Seriously, I could see the Warriors finishing anywhere from 1st to 6th, though they'd definitely need some luck to be in the top couple of seeds (i.e. injuries to other teams while relative health to the Warriors, as well as breakout seasons from Klay and/or Barnes).

I can see Barnes' added bulk contributing to an improved interior post game. He can also improve his shot but he already has the athleticism and the tools to really add something to this team for the upcoming season. Defensively, he is solid and is arguably the 3rd best defender on this team behind Iggy and Bogut (when healthy).

As for Klay, I've mentioned this before -- if he ever develops any sort of ball handling skills he is going to be a killer offensive player. He may not be the most athletic 2 out there, but he is already pretty solid defensively. He did have issues staying consistent with his outside shot, however, when guarded by more athletic 2 guards (i.e. Danny Green) and that's why having more of an arsenal with his offensive game can do wonders for him.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you outlined the best case scenario well. Worst case scenario, this is Iggy's drop off season, no real backup point guard, young guards play like young guys. Barnes can't adjust to the new frame and becomes a tweener, Klay regresses, Lee is disgruntled due to reduced minutes, Bogut takes a step back and Curry is forced to try to carry the team. Even with that, this team is probably an 8 seed. That would be the HIGHLY unlikely perfect storm (without injuries).

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck: i see the Clippers as improved. Doc runs a good show and yeah adding Reddick and Dudley are nice pickups. OKC lost Harden and now Kevin Martin w getting what in return? They're going to be tops but not sure they've made the right moves. If Bogut can remain healthy, I can see them breaking into the top 4. Houston is going to score a lot and adding Howard no matter the flaws is going to be a team to watch.