• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iggy to the Penguins - Ray Shero is GOD (GOD just got fired) Upd: Now rehired

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it's starting to look like John Weisbrod is really the GM of the Flames and Feaster gets him coffee and doughnuts.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tomorrow we're going to hear this deal happened during the game - the Boston deal was in place and Shero made one last pitch and got it done.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
XBA8Y76.jpg

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tomorrow we're going to hear this deal happened during the game - the Boston deal was in place and Shero made one last pitch and got it done.

A) Iginla decided at the last moment he didn't want Boston afterall

B) Feaster got tired of Chiarelli insisting on a conditional 1st and hung up on him

Both are rumoured.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this is one of the greatest nights in HFBoards history, for anyone who posts there. Legendary troll job by Aaron Ward.

I really wish I could be there to see the look on some Boston fans faces when they wake up and check their twitter feed...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we break up the first line and give Iginla to Crosby and Morrow to Malkin, or do we keep the top line intact and slide Morrow down to the third line?

Too much talent is a fun problem to have. :)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we break up the first line and give Iginla to Crosby and Morrow to Malkin, or do we keep the top line intact and slide Morrow down to the third line?

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Neal - Malkin - Dupuis
Morrow - Sutter - Bennett
Cooke - Kennedy - Adams

Holy crap, Pens are loaded.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fan of Iginla and want him to do well/win a cup and stuff like many others here, so hopefully this will work out for him.

Also feel good for Douglas Murray if the Pens really do win it this year. He must be stoked already, without having played a game there yet. Hah! :p

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) Iginla decided at the last moment he didn't want Boston afterall

B) Feaster got tired of Chiarelli insisting on a conditional 1st and hung up on him

Both are rumoured.

C) feaster leaked the details of the boston deal to make the penguins deal (ie non conditional first rounder) seem more palatable to flames fans

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to see Iginla/Crosby/Kunitz and Morrow/Malkin/Neal if possible. Morrow will add an edge to that second line, and get into the nasty stuff so Malkin doesn't. Sutter with Dupuis and either Cooke or Beau will be a devastating third line. And the fourth gets better by trickledown.

Shero adding Iginla, Morrow and Murray without giving up a roster player is ridiculous. Joe Morrow was a decent prospect, and a 1st is a 1st, but everything else is pretty easily replaceable.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My tinfoil hat says the Flames leaked the Bruins deal to TSN as payback for the Dreger Jokinen to the Rangers trade fiasco a few years ago...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My tinfoil hat says the Flames leaked the Bruins deal to TSN as payback for the Dreger Jokinen to the Rangers trade fiasco a few years ago...

Nah wardo has douchebag boston sources

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade might be not too bad if Iggy re-signs with the Flames after winning a Cup in Pittsburgh.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Neal - Malkin - Dupuis
Morrow - Sutter - Bennett
Cooke - Kennedy - Adams

Holy crap, Pens are loaded.

I'd rather have Jeffrey or Vitale in over Kennedy on the fourth, but otherwise that seems like a good four lines. I think Iginla can keep Malkin out of danger a bit, he's got a good bit of blue collar to his game, so I wouldn't be hesitant to put Iggy on the second line. It would also open up a lot of extra room for Neal, I think.

And I just don't want to mess with the surreal chemistry Crosby and Dupuis seem to have.

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Neal-Malkin-Iginla
Morrow-Sutter-Bennet
Cooke-Vitale/Jeffrey-Adams

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I can get used to Iginla in a different jersey, though. It just won't look or feel right.

How are most longtime Flames fans dealing with the reality of this whole thing, dash?

I mean... I guess it'd be like my Sharks eventually trading Marleau? (I will probably cry since he's my favorite player on the team)

Although no idea if there are as many Calgary fans who blame Iginla as Sharks fans blaming Marleau for all the failures, but I would assume so? /shrug

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I can get used to Iginla in a different jersey, though. It just won't look or feel right.

How are most longtime Flames fans dealing with the reality of this whole thing, dash?

I mean... I guess it'd be like my Sharks eventually trading Marleau? (I will probably cry since he's my favorite player on the team)

Although no idea if there are as many Calgary fans who blame Iginla as Sharks fans blaming Marleau for all the failures, but I would assume so? /shrug

Obviously, the majority of Flames fans are sad to see Iggy go, but I think they blame management for making such a mess of the team over the last several years that trading Jarome became a necessity. I don't think there are many Flames fans who blame Iggy for post-season failures as much as they blame management for failing to bring in players to help Iggy.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess I'll head to bed now. I had to check various Pens and Bruins message boards just to see the reactions. This has officially become the most exciting deadline ever, and there's still 5 days left. Nuts!

Kind of wish I'd gone to bed without knowing, just because my morning would have been amazing. Now I'll have trouble sleeping.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, time to hit the hay - Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and discover that Iggy has been traded to Boston after all.

edit:
36757384.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: