• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you're the Raiders do you roll with Cook?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or do you sign someone else? I see they signed Garrett Gilbert from the practice squad but I'm asking if you sign a bigger name guy? I know there's like no time to learn the system for this week but you could still conceivably beat Houston even if your O sucks. That'd likely mean a trip to NE. A win there is highly unlikely but it's like 0% with Cook where a vet may at least have a tiny shot. What would you do and who would you look at?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point if you are the Raiders you realize no help is walking through that door that gives you actually a better chance. The FA market is down right terrible for the QB position so might as well roll with the guy that has been with the team all year.

And really at this point I think the Raiders know they are not winning the Super Bowl. Maybe they make it through the wildcard round but they are not going on the road twice and winning against teams like the Chiefs (already beat them twice), Patriots, or Steelers.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or do you sign someone else? I see they signed Garrett Gilbert from the practice squad but I'm asking if you sign a bigger name guy? I know there's like no time to learn the system for this week but you could still conceivably beat Houston even if your O sucks. That'd likely mean a trip to NE. A win there is highly unlikely but it's like 0% with Cook where a vet may at least have a tiny shot. What would you do and who would you look at?

Who you gonna call at this late date?

Johnny Manziel? Michael Vick? Tavares Jackson? JaMarcus Russell?

Its gotta be Cook. That's it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd be better off running a wildcat imo.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point if you are the Raiders you realize no help is walking through that door that gives you actually a better chance. The FA market is down right terrible for the QB position so might as well roll with the guy that has been with the team all year.

And really at this point I think the Raiders know they are not winning the Super Bowl. Maybe they make it through the wildcard round but they are not going on the road twice and winning against teams like the Chiefs (already beat them twice), Patriots, or Steelers.
Yeah I know but for a franchise that's been so bad for so long I just don't know how easy it'd be to say " well we will get them next year". Even with the bad market I'd have to think there's SOMEONE out there that gives you a better shot than a rookie who has never started A NFL game before. I mean you have to sign someone anyway. You can't go into a playoff game with onlyv2 unproven quarterbacks. At least I wouldn't think you could

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Tim Tebow's number.....The Raiders need a miracle.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you gonna call at this late date?

Johnny Manziel? Michael Vick? Tavares Jackson? JaMarcus Russell?

Its gotta be Cook. That's it.
If it's me I take a flyer on Vick. Probably more upside. The market does stink though

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Kitna

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they're considering the idea of starting a QB who has been in the system less than a week.

But I did hear Del Rio has been getting a lot of dick pix today. Could be an ol Gunslinger down in Mississip that's ready to lace em up one more time...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the big boy league so no one is going to feel sorry for the Raiders, but after such a long wait to get back to the dance...they were dealt a bad hand and the worst time.

At this point you gotta roll with who you have and hope your DEF plays out of their minds.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they're considering the idea of starting a QB who has been in the system less than a week.

But I did hear Del Rio has been getting a lot of dick pix today. Could be an ol Gunslinger down in Mississip that's ready to lace em up one more time...
Is that where ole Peyton retired?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need someone decent. Maybe if you offered 3 1st rounders to Dallas they'd ship you Romo but even that would be uncertain since he knows nothing about the Oakland. ;) Its foolish to try and pull out a miracle with a QB

You have to go with what you have. Run the ball, a few passes by whoever and hope Osweiller keeps the game close.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to ask for a special trade exemption, I'm sure Dallas will trade Sanchise to them, it wont even require a 1st rd pick. Looks like they have to go eith Cook, not many options available right now

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the mistake here is thinking Oakland has a realistic shot at a SB run. With Carr, it was a tall order although there was a slim shot. With anybody else, they are not going to go to Foxboro and win. I'm not saying give up here but there is absolutely no viable option that increases those odds significantly. So you have to throw the rookie in there and see what he can do against the Texans. Maybe the team rallies around him and plays great and can get to the div rd. After all, Houston doesn't really have a QB to hang their hat on either. No way someone from outside can lead the team with no reps whatsoever in the system.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGloin hasn't been ruled out, but if it comes to that ... yes roll with Cook. The 'winner' is going to absorb a vicious beating in cold-ass Foxboro anyway.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cook didnt stand a chance and now he might face the mighty oz:suds:

Rookie QB Connor Cook admitted Monday that the Raiders called plays in Sunday's Week 17 game that he's never even run before in practice.
Third-string quarterbacks do not get reps during the week, so this isn't a surprise. It is also a likely indication that the Raiders will start Matt McGloin against the Texans if McGloin's shoulder checks out. Cook did handle himself surprisingly well in Sunday's loss to Denver, moving the offense better than McGloin did early on. The Raiders' quarterback situation remains a huge liability

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a downside and I am not even sure there's much of a choice unless I have missed something with McGloin's injury status. Upside is Cook builds some tradevalue like Jimmy G is doing now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be Cook... There's no salvation here.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cd, I'd say you just squashed his post season plans.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if McGloin is healthy it should be Cook. McGloin is trash.