• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If your team is out, who are you cheering for now?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no I certainly dont. I just know that now I can ask that question and not get a bunch of crap from trolls. Its a good thing to be a fan of a hated team anymore but hope people can put it aside sometime and BS about them. I ask it with pure question and thats all. Hope I didnt come across as crying about it?

One word bud...and it is rampant with caps and Flyers fans as well, and I am willing to admit it....

727535.jpg

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no I certainly dont. I just know that now I can ask that question and not get a bunch of crap from trolls. Its a good thing to be a fan of a hated team anymore but hope people can put it aside sometime and BS about them. I ask it with pure question and thats all. Hope I didnt come across as crying about it?

Pens have had their way with the East the last two years same with the Wings. If people have a choice of who to route for, they want something different. I don't think anyone here is going to be slamming the Pens or putting them down in posts without reasoning, this is not the swamp.
They may not want them to succeed but so be it.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One word bud...and it is rampant with caps and Flyers fans as well, and I am willing to admit it....

727535.jpg

Oh my God man you just made me shoot apple juice through my nose and it fucking stings so bad....arghhh! Hardest I will laugh all day......and then cry!:D

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens have had their way with the East the last two years same with the Wings. If people have a choice of who to route for, they want something different. I don't think anyone here is going to be slamming the Pens or putting them down in posts without reasoning, this is not the swamp.
They may not want them to succeed but so be it.

I agree. Was kind of just interested in their individual reasons for shits and giggles you know? I have a dislake of certain teams for strange but interesting reasons that formed at a pretty young age.

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know Crosby has been shoved down throats and the bandwagoners dont help but is that why? I dont remember Pens hate as much back when Lemieux was still playing.

I think this touches on it. Crosby is seen as having been crowned before having accomplished anything. He didn't help things with his behavior early on. As such, he (and the Pens by extension) are seen as "Gary's team". Whether the designation is fair or not isn't really relevant, because in a case like this perception is reality. There wasn't as much hate when Lemeiux was playing because the marketing mechanisms were different then. It was much more team oriented, as opposed to individual oriented.

I don't think what I've said above is necessarily comprehensive. But I think it's definitely a contributing factor to the negative feelings towards the Pens.

Edit: Jealousy may also factor into the equation. But it's worth asking whether those who are jealous are envious because of the results the Pens have achieved, or what they see as the means in which they were achieved.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is still in it, but out east I'm cheering for the Flyers to make it. I know they can get under people's skin and that's what I like about them

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this touches on it. Crosby is seen as having been crowned before having accomplished anything. He didn't help things with his behavior early on. As such, he (and the Pens by extension) are seen as "Gary's team". Whether the designation is fair or not isn't really relevant, because in a case like this perception is reality. There wasn't as much hate when Lemeiux was playing because the marketing mechanisms were different then. It was much more team oriented, as opposed to individual oriented.

I don't think what I've said above is necessarily comprehensive. But I think it's definitely a contributing factor to the negative feelings towards the Pens.

Yea that makes sense. I am ok with the people hating the Pens....I think I would hate Crosby too if I were them.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just curious as to why people hate the Pens so much? I know Crosby has been shoved down throats and the bandwagoners dont help but is that why? I dont remember Pens hate as much back when Lemieux was still playing.
I ask because I dont know much more than Pens hockey historically and am working on finding time to being an NHL fan with other teams and was just curious. Slap your opinions on me.....this should be good.

I've got a couple reasons:

1) The NHL marketing people shoved Crosby down my throat
2) The Pens were talked about as the next dynasty team before they even won a Stanley Cup
3) Maddog...do I need to say more?

I gained a lot of respect for Crosby after the Olympics though and I don't think I'm the only one. For once I saw first hand that he's the real deal and nobody had to shove that down my throat. It was kind of nice.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a couple reasons:

1) The NHL marketing people shoved Crosby down my throat
2) The Pens were talked about as the next dynasty team before they even won a Stanley Cup
3) Maddog...do I need to say more?

I gained a lot of respect for Crosby after the Olympics though and I don't think I'm the only one. For once I saw first hand that he's the real deal and nobody had to shove that down my throat. It was kind of nice.

I know what you mean. Also know that Maddogs punk ass still has a lot to do with peoples opinions here too and I hate that but its understandable. I am much more realistic about the Pens as a fan. I dont think they could have beat Washington. I like their chances a lot better now but still....anythink can happen. If the Pens lose...all I ask for is for them to go out playing hard and I will be satisfied. After that....I want good playoff games and the most deserving team to win.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know what you mean. Also know that Maddogs punk ass still has a lot to do with peoples opinions here too and I hate that but its understandable. I am much more realistic about the Pens as a fan. I dont think they could have beat Washington. I like their chances a lot better now but still....anythink can happen. If the Pens lose...all I ask for is for them to go out playing hard and I will be satisfied. After that....I want good playoff games and the most deserving team to win.

The Pens and Crosby are starting to grow on me. I do have to admit that but it's refreshing to be able to separate the good Pens fans from fans like maddog.

No more bull shit and I think you'll see a lot of posters on this board start to respect the Pens because of it.