• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you were building a team for the next decade...

Which player would you take to build a franchise for the next ten years?

• Kawhi

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Giannis

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think its funny that you think coaching children qualifies you in some special way to comment on the NBA.

Its akin to the guy who played high school football acting like he knows what he is talking about in regards to the NFL. Usually those guys are old sad bastards not willing to let go of the glory days and somehow think their experience is relevant to professional sports- which its not- not even in the slightest.

I don't coach children. I coach 16- 19 year old young men.

You are the one who keeps bringing up my coaching experience as if it it somehow disqualifies me from knowing and understanding the game of basketball. I am an NBA fan just like you. The difference is that I also have a strong basketball background that shapes many of my opinions. I have legit experience in the field and I speak the language of basketball. The only thing you have is the "articles" that you read. Yet somehow, you want to pretend that you are more qualified than everybody else. You aren't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't coach children. I coach 16- 19 year old young men.

You are the one who keeps bringing up my coaching experience as if it it somehow disqualifies me from knowing and understanding the game of basketball. I am an NBA fan just like you. The difference is that I also have a strong basketball background that shapes many of my opinions. I have legit experience in the field and I speak the language of basketball. The only thing you have is the "articles" that you read. Yet somehow, you want to pretend that you are more qualified than everybody else. You aren't.
it doesnt "disqualify" but it certainly does not give you any special insight- coaching children.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesnt "disqualify" but it certainly does not give you any special insight- coaching children.

I'd take tlance's basketball opinions over yours. At least he's not an overly biased homer like you.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan in me says Kawhi but I feel like GMs would take the Greek. One player isnt going to win you a championship and Id rather keep my window open longer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take tlance's basketball opinions over yours. At least he's not an overly biased homer like you.
hey- thats def. your right--- but please dont do it because he holds himself to have some special insight because he coached children.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey- thats def. your right--- but please dont do it because he holds himself to have some special insight because he coached children.

Have you noticed you're the only 1 in this thread harping on that? Here's a little FYI for you: when everyone disagrees w/ you it means you're wrong.

And stop w/ your rants about tlance having some special insight. Nobody has ever said that incorrect stuff about him except you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Troll on bro.

The truth is that you are too threatened by me to have an actual conversation about basketball. That is why you resort to personal slights, insults and just completely making stuff up that I didn't say.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll on bro.

The truth is that you are too threatened by me to have an actual conversation about basketball. That is why you resort to personal slights, insults and just completely making stuff up that I didn't say.
yah- the same guy that said the Cavs wont win a title with Kyrie Irving. lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah- the same guy that said the Cavs wont win a title with Kyrie Irving. lol.

I did say that. I was also man enough to admit I was wrong unlike you.

But, I was obviously correct that the dynamic between him and LeBron was not a good fit. That I was 100% correct about. Sorry I forgot to factor in The injuries and other things that let Cleveland back in the series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say that. I was also man enough to admit I was wrong unlike you.

But, I was obviously correct that the dynamic between him and LeBron was not a good fit. That I was 100% correct about. Sorry I forgot to factor in The injuries and other things that let Cleveland back in the series.

"Time will tell if this core is good enough to win a title, but my guess is no. Kyrie is the main reason why."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Time will tell if this core is good enough to win a title, but my guess is no. Kyrie is the main reason why."

Yep. That is what I said. Not denying it. And you know what? I sported an avatar that you chose for a month immediately after the Finals ended. I didn't run away and hide for 2 months. I am certain that had that series turned out differently, you would not have been so easy to track down.

I was Specifically talking about the fit between Kyrie and LeBron and the fact that Kyrie is overrated. Clearly Kyrie agrees with me that they don't fit well. Probably not about the other thing. But I think most on here now recognize Kyrie for what he is. A superlative ball dominant scorer who does little else.

How many times have you been wrong? How many times have you admitted it?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That is what I said. Not denying it. And you know what? I sported an avatar that you chose for a month immediately after the Finals ended. I didn't run away and hide for 2 months. I am certain that had that series turned out differently, you would not have been so easy to track down.

I was Specifically talking about the fit between Kyrie and LeBron and the fact that Kyrie is overrated. Clearly Kyrie agrees with me that they don't fit well. Probably not about the other thing. But I think most on here now recognize Kyrie for what he is. A superlative ball dominant scorer who does little else.

How many times have you been wrong? How many times have you admitted it?
please--- dont try this bullshit revisionist history --- you were talking about how they fit on the court.

Kyrie leaving has nothing to do with how they fit on the court- they have won on the court. Kyrie wants his own team- that has ZERO to do with your point that Kyrie didnt fit basketball wise with LeBron James which was proved incredibly wrong.

I said BEFORE i even made the bet with citysushi that I would not be here for the month July leading up the bar-- --- why you care so much about a bet i made with someone else- when i SPECIFICALLY told him BEFORE we made the bet that I would not be here leading up to the bar exam at the end of July- just shows me you are a bitter old man that likes to stick your nose in other peoples business with zero regard for the actual facts.

Enjoy watching your Wizards get their shit pushed in again this year by the Cavs. And as soon as the Cavs have to rebuild- whether its at the end of this year- or 3 years from now--- the Celtics will be right there to pick up the mantle and make sure your Wizards win NOTHING.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please--- dont try this bullshit revisionist history --- you were talking about how they fit on the court.

Kyrie leaving has nothing to do with how they fit on the court- they have won on the court. Kyrie wants his own team- that has ZERO to do with your point that Kyrie didnt fit basketball wise with LeBron James which was proved incredibly wrong.

I said BEFORE i even made the bet with citysushi that I would not be here for the month July leading up the bar-- --- why you care so much about a bet i made with someone else- when i SPECIFICALLY told him BEFORE we made the bet that I would not be here leading up to the bar exam at the end of July- just shows me you are a bitter old man that likes to stick your nose in other peoples business with zero regard for the actual facts.

Enjoy watching your Wizards get their shit pushed in again this year by the Cavs. And as soon as the Cavs have to rebuild- whether its at the end of this year- or 3 years from now--- the Celtics will be right there to pick up the mantle and make sure your Wizards win NOTHING.

I know the Wizards aren't winning anything. I am first to say that.

As for Kyrie and LeBron, they are not the ideal compliments for each other you want to pretend they are. If Kyrie wanted his own team, the Spurs and TWolves would not be on his wish list. He wants to get away from LeBron.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question/poll - Which player would you take if you were building a team for the next ten years?
I guess the question is building a team for what. They both give you a great guy to build around. But with Giannis I think you get a flashier player with more highlights. This equals more exposure for the team leading to more butts in the seats and more money in the owner's pocket. Edge to Giannis from an owner's point of view. For winning a championship I think that Kawhi is a better player right now and has still shown improvement, which while likely with Giannis, is not guaranteed. Kawhi still has plenty of peak years in the tank as well, so as a GM I'm giving a slight edge to Kawhi.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit, I can't think of anyone's opinion I wouldn't take over Wiggy's.