• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you don't want Bradford, then who do you want?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how some want to give Drew Brees type $ to a scrub.

No one has said that. Brees got a 100,000,000 dollar contract. He got a 37 million signing bonus. His contract last year was 23.8 million and he's on the books for 30 million in 2016. You continue to prove that you do not know what you are talking about. Facts are foreign to you and you make shit up.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has said that. Brees got a 100,000,000 dollar contract. He got a 37 million signing bonus. His contract last year was 23.8 million and he's on the books for 30 million in 2016. You continue to prove that you do not know what you are talking about. Facts are foreign to you and you make shit up.

Or his base salary of $19.75 million. So my bad of I inflated it a little bit to 20 million.

Again, some of you want to give this guy $20 million a year. Hence, Drew Brees type $ (or a little more then that...lol).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or his base salary of $19.75 million. So my bad of I inflated it a little bit to 20 million.

Again, some of you want to give this guy $20 million a year. Hence, Drew Brees type $ (or a little more then that...lol).

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. No one has said to give him more money than 30 other starting quarterbacks in the league this year, and there is no one calling for giving him 37 million up front in the form of a signing bonus either.

Last edited:

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly don't know what you're talking about. No one has said to give him more money than 30 other starting quarterbacks in the league this year, and there is no one calling for giving him 37 million up front in the form of a signing bonus either.

Keep looking stupid nut.

Some were saying Franchise tag, some were saying $20 million.

Brees signed a 5 year 100 million contract. Not sure you understand but that's an avg of $20 mil per.

Again, he's a mediocre QB and some want to pay him Brees like $. Spin it how you want.

What kind of contract would you give Bradford? Let's see your terms?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not brees money, which is one of the biggest contracts ever and is a stupid thing for you to bring into this thread in the first place.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not brees money, which is one of the biggest contracts ever and is a stupid thing for you to bring into this thread in the first place.

LOL...so you can't say what kind of contract you want to sign Bradford to...NICE.

Figures you don't have the balls to embarrass yourself.

But $20 million a year is Brees $. Your just to damn dumb to see it. It's why you can't say what kind of contract you want for Bradford cause then you really look dumb.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...so you can't say what kind of contract you want to sign Bradford to...NICE.

Figures you don't have the balls to embarrass yourself.

I can and I have. I choose not to repeat myself on your demand. You've been a complete idiot for a page now. You have no understanding of NFL contracts even though there are breakdowns readily available. And you have no targets for actually upgrading the Eagles QB position. You got nothing worth hearing.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I give Bradford more than 1 year 13 million offer. 13 million a year is about the rate for the 20th ranked QB. Unless the new coach is a QB guru and wants Bradford - I don't want anything to do with him for what he's going to cost and demand. Plus why would he even want to sign for 1 year? He wouldn't, so it's either long term for more than 13-15 million a year, or walk….yes, walk Sam - I'll hold the door open for you, don't trip and sprain your vagina on the way out. We might have to hit rock bottom, before we can start going back up. I don't want to be the team forcing mediocrity for years, rather hit the gutter and start rebuilding through the draft.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can and I have. I choose not to repeat myself on your demand. You've been a complete idiot for a page now. You have no understanding of NFL contracts even though there are breakdowns readily available. And you have no targets for actually upgrading the Eagles QB position. You got nothing worth hearing.

LOL...so your waving the white flag?

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I give Bradford more than 1 year 13 million offer. 13 million a year is about the rate for the 20th ranked QB. Unless the new coach is a QB guru and wants Bradford - I don't want anything to do with him for what he's going to cost and demand. Plus why would he even want to sign for 1 year? He wouldn't, so it's either long term for more than 13-15 million a year, or walk….yes, walk Sam - I'll hold the door open for you, don't trip and sprain your vagina on the way out. We might have to hit rock bottom, before we can start going back up. I don't want to be the team forcing mediocrity for years, rather hit the gutter and start rebuilding through the draft.

Exactly

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fair and I would agree. I've been saying all along to franchise him and picking up a QB in the middle rounds somewhere.
Shit.. Did not read the 2nd part to this. Who is going to risk a long term deal for Sam? I think it is wise for him to accept the franchise tag and see how he does. I think the extra season off the ACL injury is going to benefit him for the upcoming season imo. He was showing improvement towards the end.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1 yr $20 million contract is so much more different than a 5 yr $100 million contract that suggesting they are equivalent is stupid.

What if the Phillies signed Ryan Howard to a 1 year $25 mil contract 5 years ago instead of 5 years $125 mil?

Read up on option value to learn why the contracts are completely different.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1 yr $20 million contract is so much more different than a 5 yr $100 million contract that suggesting they are equivalent is stupid.

What if the Phillies signed Ryan Howard to a 1 year $25 mil contract 5 years ago instead of 5 years $125 mil?

Read up on option value to learn why the contracts are completely different.

They are completely different...and they are completely different QB's. One is a Hall of famer type and the other is a mediocre QB.

One is worth the 5 year 100 million dollars and the other is hardly worth 5/20 yet alone 1 for 20. Bradfords a dime a dozen QB in this league. He's a Cassel type and should be starting soon.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchising Bradford for me makes sense depending on who takes over as the HC. I thought he looked really well the 2nd half of the season (once he caught back up with the speed of the game after a year off). The bigger problem was our OL sucked and our receivers dropped everything in sight. I don't trust him enough to give him a long term big deal yet, but that's why the franchise tag makes so much sense to me. It gives the new staff another year to evaluate and see if he's worth the long term "investment". Is it overpaying? Maybe, but it's just for one year ... what good is that cap space doing us if we trot Sanchize back out there? I'm all ears as to what some other options are though ....? Kirk Cousins will likely either get the Franchise tag or signed long term and I don't think he's any better than Bradford. Just had better OL play and targets ... a beast in Jordan Reed and a field stretcher in DJax.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford for three years with an out after one or two is the way to go. $51 million for three would be my offer. We can have an out after one and two and he could have an out too. Finding a QB is apparently much harder than most of you think. Bradford looked top ten recently and you have to go on that.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford for three years with an out after one or two is the way to go. $51 million for three would be my offer. We can have an out after one and two and he could have an out too. Finding a QB is apparently much harder than most of you think. Bradford looked top ten recently and you have to go on that.

Well some of the self-proclaimed QB geniouses would prefer Hoyer or Fitzpatrick over Bradford. Or sink the franchize and hope you can find a legit QB in the draft at some point in the future.

Even his overall numbers this season are middle of the pack, late in the season he played clearly top ten, and that was with his WR's dropping 8% of the passes thrown to them (and that is by an extremely conservative (generous towards the WR's) count. And frankly I cannot even recall 10 plays where the receiver actually bailed out the QB by making a super-catch. Hell, in the Carolina game Ted Ginn made more 'bail-out' catches than the Eagles receivers made throughout the season combined.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team didn't have one play making WR this past season. Heck, they had a hard enough time even catching the bread basket passes. We pick 13th and don't have a 2nd rounder in a year where there are no sure things at QB in the draft and crap in free agency. While Bradford may not be a top 10 QB he's in that 12-15 range if we can get him at least 1 go-to type in the draft. No way do I let him walk, but with the coaching change I'm not ready to commit long term big money (which is what he'll command in F-Agency due to low supply at QB, but high demand). I would bite the bullet for the year and just Franchise him.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. Not that easy finding a QB. Bradford improved down the stretch. He gained more confidence.
However we know that he is injury prone. But a 3 year contract of 51 milli9on sounds about right. Since he is a free agent it will be interesting to see what other teams offer him. It is what it is!