• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you are Adam Silver for a day`

Changes needed?

• Playoff Reallignment, Top 16 teams overall get in

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • HGH Testing *cough* *cough*

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Global Expansion

• Eliminate 1 Yr College Requirement/ raise salary cap per years in College

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Raise Backboard to 15' - 20'

• Adjust 3 point dimensions / Court size (need bigger courts)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What changes would you make in the future?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow sports day, Only 2 teams in the east have a winning record.

2 teams

:L

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not allow the players to walk with the ball. Any jump stop should be the end of it since your pivot foot has left the ground and come down again. You should not be allowed to go back up with the ball. The travelling on the spin moves has gotten ridiculous as well.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eliminate freethrows. You get fouled, you get 1 point and keep the ball (but maybe shoot freethrows if there are less than 10 seconds left in the game or something, to avoid preventing a team from getting off a final shot attempt).

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eliminate freethrows. You get fouled, you get 1 point and keep the ball (but maybe shoot freethrows if there are less than 10 seconds left in the game or something, to avoid preventing a team from getting off a final shot attempt).

Along this same line - what pisses me off more than anything when I'm watching a game is when I see an offensive player make a move with the sole objective being to draw a foul. Things like the Durant rip-through, or players who contort their bodies in order to make contact with a defender when shooting. To me, it's real simple - whoever initiates the contact should be called for the foul. Now, this said, "tie goes to the offensive player" - if they're making a legitimate move and there's "natural contact" with the defender, then the foul is on the defender. But if the offensive guy is making a move just to initiate contact and then flings the ball toward the hoop, it's got to be an offensive foul.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoever initiates the contact should be called for the foul. Now, this said, "tie goes to the offensive player" - if they're making a legitimate move and there's "natural contact" with the defender, then the foul is on the defender. But if the offensive guy is making a move just to initiate contact and then flings the ball toward the hoop, it's got to be an offensive foul.

I like that idea.

Another thing I would do is create a Flopping Hall Of Shame section on the NBA website, where anyone caught flopping will have a slow-motion video of the incident posted, a Flop Counter, as well as links to other infractions by that same player. And to make it fun, maybe fans can vote 1-10 for the "floppiness" of each one, and vote for Flop Of The Week, etc.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along this same line - what pisses me off more than anything when I'm watching a game is when I see an offensive player make a move with the sole objective being to draw a foul. Things like the Durant rip-through, or players who contort their bodies in order to make contact with a defender when shooting. To me, it's real simple - whoever initiates the contact should be called for the foul. Now, this said, "tie goes to the offensive player" - if they're making a legitimate move and there's "natural contact" with the defender, then the foul is on the defender. But if the offensive guy is making a move just to initiate contact and then flings the ball toward the hoop, it's got to be an offensive foul.

You must've hated Chris Mullin. He was the king of the inconsequential initiated contact.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You must've hated Chris Mullin. He was the king of the inconsequential initiated contact.

I have to admit that I wasn't living around here and following the Warriors during most of the time Mullin was here...... I really started following them right after the RunTMC days, when they hit the skids hard.

To me, the king of the offensive flop had to be Reggie Miller. Part of that is because of my upbringing as a Bulls fan, and the natural rivalry that existed between the Bulls and the Pacers.....

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver reading this board?

Maybe we can keep the divisions, but change the format? I would be open to

Top 6 teams from each Conference, then maybe 4 wild cards with the best record?

Anything has to be better than sending 4 or more teams under .500 to the playoffs

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. Silver officially takes over

Folks have a favorite D. Stern moment? For me I think its when he went on Jim Rome and basically back handed him on radio.