• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Winston is done, who do you want to face Bama in the title game?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
auburn has 22 bowl wins. michigan state has 23 bowl apperances.

remember that time michigan state scored a point against auburn? me neither.

i love how so many teams in the big 10 like to point to all their accomplishments, but then whenever they have to play the teams that auburn plays week in and week out, they get embarrassed.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure they were. There were at least 2 other really good teams that could lay a legit claim to having been at least as good as both those teams. Im sure in your neck of the woods its probably considered that Bama and LSU were the 2 best but that doesnt mean its a given.

which 2 teams would this be?

oklahoma state and who?

oklahoma state was not on the same level as either of them. the big 12 was overrated all year on the back of their nonconference results (won almost every game, but 0 wins against teams that finished in the final BCS top 25).

we learned a lot about where the big 12 and the sec stood after the cotton bowl (SEC won, as is typically the case) and that doesn't even go into the fact that alabama and lsu dominated their sec competition better than oklahoma state dominated their big 12 competition.

did the Big East, Pac-12, and ACC champions all lose to Big 12 teams that season? No? Because they all lost to SEC teams.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
auburn has 22 bowl wins. michigan state has 23 bowl apperances.

remember that time michigan state scored a point against auburn? me neither.

i love how so many teams in the big 10 like to point to all their accomplishments, but then whenever they have to play the teams that auburn plays week in and week out, they get embarrassed.

I am not claiming Michigan State to be a good football school. Just pointing out that if you are using a measuring stick of getting players in the NFL draft (again something YOU BROUGHT UP), then Michigan State is a better program because we have put out nearly 20% more draft picks and nearly 20% first round draft picks.

Also remember that time auburn scored on michigan state? me neither.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not claiming Michigan State to be a good football school. Just pointing out that if you are using a measuring stick of getting players in the NFL draft (again something YOU BROUGHT UP), then Michigan State is a better program because we have put out nearly 20% more draft picks and nearly 20% first round draft picks.

Also remember that time auburn scored on michigan state? me neither.

Knockout-GIF.gif

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if you add up the number of times michigan state and ohio state have scored a point on auburn, the grand total is 1.

and auburn has never lost to either school.

lol.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry bro, that gif goes a lot better with this link

Florida Gators vs. Ohio State Buckeyes - Box Score - January 08, 2007 - ESPN

although the guy getting his ass kicked looks alive for most of that gif. can't really say the same for ohio state against florida.

Does that mean that you have seen Auburn score a point on Michigan State? Or that you are conceding that Michigan State is a better football program than Auburn because we put out more NFL drafted players and more first round draft picks by a nearly 20% clip?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which 2 teams would this be?

oklahoma state and who?

oklahoma state was not on the same level as either of them. the big 12 was overrated all year on the back of their nonconference results (won almost every game, but 0 wins against teams that finished in the final BCS top 25).

we learned a lot about where the big 12 and the sec stood after the cotton bowl (SEC won, as is typically the case) and that doesn't even go into the fact that alabama and lsu dominated their sec competition better than oklahoma state dominated their big 12 competition.

did the Big East, Pac-12, and ACC champions all lose to Big 12 teams that season? No? Because they all lost to SEC teams.

Eh not really man. OK State in 11 won by an average of 24 points per game and Alabama won by an average of 27. This alone makes Alabama slightly more dominat but when you consider OSU beat 9 teams with winning records and Bama beat 4 teams with winning records it makes that advantage go bye bye. Anyway this debate has been had so no sense in going over it again.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh not really man. OK State in 11 won by an average of 24 points per game and Alabama won by an average of 27. This alone makes Alabama slightly more dominat but when you consider OSU beat 9 teams with winning records and Bama beat 4 teams with winning records it makes that advantage go bye bye. Anyway this debate has been had so no sense in going over it again.

Alabama played one competitive game. It was against the unanimous #1 team in the country, LSU. Oklahoma State played several competitive games. Against multiple 6-6 teams.

You can replace LSU and Alabama and change #1 to #2 and the same thing applies for LSU.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama played one competitive game. It was against the unanimous #1 team in the country, LSU. Oklahoma State played several competitive games. Against multiple 6-6 teams.

You can replace LSU and Alabama and change #1 to #2 and the same thing applies for LSU.

Irrelevant and also not really true. OK State playing more close games is a function of them playing a better SOS, besides that the only games OSU played decided by less than double digits were both on the road vs top 15 teams, all there other games were double digit wins ( obviously aside from their loss). Thats common sense. As an FYI Im not sure where you got that the B12 didnt play any ranked teams OOC that year. I havent looked it up or anything but I remember for sure Baylor beating a ranked TCU team, Oklahoma beating a top 5 FSU and I think A&M got bet by Arkansas that year... There may be more.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the biggest TEAM SEC honk here and that's saying a lot.

He seems like one that would root against his own team "for the greater good" of the SEC1!!!1!

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm surprised to see there are people who actually think FSU stays #2 without Winston. if there are enough poll voters that feel the same way, that sucks for Bama. Bama wins, people are going to point out FSU played with a 3rd string QB. Bama loses, everybody laughs at Bama for losing to a 3rd team QB

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrelevant and also not really true. OK State playing more close games is a function of them playing a better SOS, besides that the only games OSU played decided by less than double digits were both on the road vs top 15 teams, all there other games were double digit wins ( obviously aside from their loss). Thats common sense. As an FYI Im not sure where you got that the B12 didnt play any ranked teams OOC that year. I havent looked it up or anything but I remember for sure Baylor beating a ranked TCU team, Oklahoma beating a top 5 FSU and I think A&M got bet by Arkansas that year... There may be more.

don't use rankings at the time of the games. use the final rankings, when we know more about the teams.
texas a&m was 7-6, iowa state was 6-7. oklahoma state's best win was over kansas state, a team that was soundly beaten by just one of many teams that alabama and lsu both annihilated (those were the only 2 games arkansas lost all season). also, i never said the big 12 didn't play any ranked teams. i'm saying they didn't beat any ranked teams (that finished in the top 25 of the BCS, which was the most up to date info we had going into the BCS selection).

also, oklahoma state didn't necesarrily play a tougher SOS. depending on what service you use to rank schedules, alabama's was almost as tough, as tough, or tougher

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like one that would root against his own team "for the greater good" of the SEC1!!!1!

uh, no.

i do root for SEC teams in nonconference play, obviously, because it makes my own team's SOS better. one would think an ohio state fan sitting undefeated at #3 would understand this, but i guess not.

the one exception is alabama. i wouldn't cheer for them over the taliban. and i also don't lose much sleep when georgia loses, though when you get right down to it, i prefer to see them win.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh, no.

i do root for SEC teams in nonconference play, obviously, because it makes my own team's SOS better. one would think an ohio state fan sitting undefeated at #3 would understand this, but i guess not.

the one exception is alabama. i wouldn't cheer for them over the taliban. and i also don't lose much sleep when georgia loses, though when you get right down to it, i prefer to see them win.

I don't believe you for one moment.