• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons was going to be a top 5 pick the year before. Sits out the year and then drops. Silly NFL teams and their silly front offices.
Here is a blurb from a Broncos fan site right before the draft. Broncos IIRC were a common landing spot for him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Verdict

The natural ability of Parsons is undeniable. He is a special athlete that — if he can stay focused and continues to develop — has Hall of Fame potential.

With that being said, as a player, Parsons has a long way to go before he reaches that ceiling. With how strong this year’s linebacker class looks to be, the Broncos would be better off waiting until day two of the draft to find their off-ball linebacker of the future.

If the Broncos do not receive further reassurance on Parsons’ off-the-field accusations, they should take him off their board altogether. For his own development and locker room reasons, the Broncos must go through extreme lengths to vet any player they draft and be careful about who they bring in.

Draft Projection: Top 20

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have my big board in front of me from 2021. My top 10:

1. Trevor Lawrence
2. Zach Wilson
3. Penei Sewell
4. Justin Fields
5. Kyle Pitts
6. Ja'Marr Chase
7. Christian Darrisaw
8. Jaylen Waddle
9. Micah Parsons
10. Rashawn Slater

(DeVonta Smith 14th)

Nobody gets this stuff right

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is so supremely talented and perfect in his route route running and knowledge. People are going to look so silly in letting him drop to 10 just because of his unique frame. That frame does nothing but guarantee he will be one the truly unique all time great players when it is all said and done. Because when you talk about just his game, just what he does on the field in the actual game that is played which determines the winners and the losers in football. When you talk about that, he's flawless.

If there was ever a player who was going to give Rice and his records a run for the money then it's DeVonta Smith. Especially in this 17 game era that he starts his career in.

Wrong . It looks like he is not the best after 3 seasons . Congrats on losing all those games at the end.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons was going to be a top 5 pick the year before. Sits out the year and then drops. Silly NFL teams and their silly front offices.

Parsons dropped because most people didnt think he could play edge full time.

There wont be a middle LB drafted in the top 10 again for 25 years in all likelihood. The position just isn't impactful enough and the replacement level between great and average is so small. And that is where most people thought Parsons would stick.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There wont be a middle LB drafted in the top 10 again for 25 years in all likelihood. The position just isn't impactful enough and the replacement level between great and average is so small. And that is where most people thought Parsons would stick.
IIRC, Parsons didn't play edge full time this year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the people that didn't watch what he was best at.

The year off hurt his draft value more than his play on the field.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a blurb from a Broncos fan site right before the draft. Broncos IIRC were a common landing spot for him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Verdict

The natural ability of Parsons is undeniable. He is a special athlete that — if he can stay focused and continues to develop — has Hall of Fame potential.

With that being said, as a player, Parsons has a long way to go before he reaches that ceiling. With how strong this year’s linebacker class looks to be, the Broncos would be better off waiting until day two of the draft to find their off-ball linebacker of the future.

If the Broncos do not receive further reassurance on Parsons’ off-the-field accusations, they should take him off their board altogether. For his own development and locker room reasons, the Broncos must go through extreme lengths to vet any player they draft and be careful about who they bring in.

Draft Projection: Top 20

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have my big board in front of me from 2021. My top 10:

1. Trevor Lawrence
2. Zach Wilson
3. Penei Sewell
4. Justin Fields
5. Kyle Pitts
6. Ja'Marr Chase
7. Christian Darrisaw
8. Jaylen Waddle
9. Micah Parsons
10. Rashawn Slater

(DeVonta Smith 14th)

Nobody gets this stuff right
Nobody does, but nobody includes NFL front offices most of the time. I posted on the NFL board(and pulled it back up a few days ago lol) a post I made before the draft 4 years ago, where I said I wouldn't give Dak a long term deal, I'd draft Jordan Love and roll the dice.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, Parsons didn't play edge full time this year.

They move him around to solo him up on weaker players just like most teams do with their best pass rushers. But all he does is rush the passer now. A guy like Nick Bosa or Danielle Hunter drop back in coverage just as much as Parsons does anymore. Maybe once or twice a game in some sort of exotic blitz package. It was only in his rookie year that he played snaps as an off the ball LB.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They move him around to solo him up on weaker players just like most teams do with their best pass rushers. But all he does is rush the passer now. A guy like Nick Bosa or Danielle Hunter drop back in coverage just as much as Parsons does anymore. Maybe once or twice a game in some sort of exotic blitz package. It was only in his rookie year that he played snaps as an off the ball LB.
You and I will disagree on that. I haven't managed to find any stats on how many snaps he played where this season though.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I will disagree on that. I haven't managed to find any stats on how many snaps he played where this season though.

Yeah those kind of stats only come via a place like PFF and you have to pay a fortune for that.

I do remember that there was talk about moving him off the ball some because of VanderEsch getting hurt but Parsons I believe shut that down after complaining about it on his podcast.

But the VAST majority of the time he is essentially playing pass rush and pass rusher only. That is the reason that he dropped in the draft. Most people didnt think he would be able to do that. Or at least didnt have the vision to see him in that role and the impact that he could have doing it. Even the Cowboys didnt know that as evidenced by how they used him in his rookie year.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah those kind of stats only come via a place like PFF and you have to pay a fortune for that.

I do remember that there was talk about moving him off the ball some because of VanderEsch getting hurt but Parsons I believe shut that down after complaining about it on his podcast.

But the VAST majority of the time he is essentially playing pass rush and pass rusher only. That is the reason that he dropped in the draft. Most people didnt think he would be able to do that. Or at least didnt have the vision to see him in that role and the impact that he could have doing it. Even the Cowboys didnt know that as evidenced by how they used him in his rookie year.
I managed to track a few stats down from Parsons's first 2 years.

2021, Year 1, 57% was at LB, 43% at DLine.

2022, Year 2, 19% was at LB, 81% at Dline

2023, Year 3, I can’t find the stats, but he did play more off ball LB this season than in year 2. Particularly more after the Niner game.

Even in year 2, he played a significant amount at off ball LB (1 snap out of 5) and, from my recollection--being in East Texas they force me to see lots of Cowboy games--(feel free to disagree), he played even more there in year 3.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I managed to track a few stats down from Parsons's first 2 years.

2021, Year 1, 57% was at LB, 43% at DLine.

2022, Year 2, 19% was at LB, 81% at Dline

2023, Year 3, I can’t find the stats, but he did play more off ball LB this season than in year 2. Particularly more after the Niner game.

Even in year 2, he played a significant amount at off ball LB (1 snap out of 5) and, from my recollection--being in East Texas they force me to see lots of Cowboy games--(feel free to disagree), he played even more there in year 3.
Those are just looking at where he lined up, not his role in the play.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not disputing that, but those are the closest stats I can find on the topic.

You should fork over the $250 for PFF premium stats.....

....and then share the password to the account with us so that we can double check everything for you. :heh:

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should fork over the $250 for PFF premium stats.....

....and then share the password to the account with us so that we can double check everything for you. :heh:
For you, bro, anything...

Seriously, I am not that interested. LOL

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The supposedly cash-strapped Eagles keep re-signing core players. I'm waiting for the naysayers to explain when this cap hell is going to start.

Meanwhile in Dallas, where they still don't know how to manage the salary cap or lock up key players early, Dak is going into the final year of his contract as a potential future free agent!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The supposedly cash-strapped Eagles keep re-signing core players. I'm waiting for the naysayers to explain when this cap hell is going to start.

Meanwhile in Dallas, where they still don't know how to manage the salary cap or lock up key players early, Dak is going into the final year of his contract as a potential future free agent!
that a boy...

be all you can be

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 million a year puts him 4th in the league.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeVonta is one of only seven receivers in the NFL with 175-plus receptions, 2,500-plus receiving yards and 15-plus receiving touchdowns since the start of the 2022 season.