• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I wanted Parsons, but Devonta is fucking legit. He might be Antonio Brown level good at some point. Brown was 2nd fiddle to start his career too. Then took off in his 4th year and was dominate by year 5.
:susp:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree. But thats me.

Thinking Pickens is going to be better than Smith is pretty homerish thinking. Not quite as homerish as what started this thread originally....but certainly in the same vain.

.....and if you are talking about Johnson that is a complete joke. One of the least efficient WR in the league to throw the ball to since he has been in the league. It is almost laughable his yards per target. A lot of RB's in the league will get more yards per target than Johnson does. Most offenses wouldnt even run him out on the field with his lack of production. One of the huge reasons the Steelers offense has struggled the last couple of years is that they are pissing away so many targets on WR who cant produce with his QB's.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking Pickens is going to be better than Smith is pretty homerish thinking. Not quite as homerish as what started this thread originally....but certainly in the same vain.

.....and if you are talking about Johnson that is a complete joke. One of the least efficient WR in the league to throw the ball to since he has been in the league. It is almost laughable his yards per target. A lot of RB's in the league will get more yards per target than Johnson does. Most offenses wouldnt even run him out on the field with his lack of production. One of the huge reasons the Steelers offense has struggled the last couple of years is that they are pissing away so many targets on WR who cant produce with his QB's.
Thats a really poor generalization of things IMO. But lets hear why pickens cant be in smith's league? Especially since they are vastly different types of wr's. I am all ears for the education.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a really poor generalization of things IMO. But lets hear why pickens cant be in smith's league? Especially since they are vastly different types of wr's. I am all ears for the education.

Pickens is a one trick pony. He is a really good pony and it is one hell of a trick but he is just an outside WR that runs fly routes. And unless he can turn that into Randy Moss like production from the fly alone, he isn't going to be nearly as valuable as a guy like Smith who is already after only year 2 one of the more polished WR's in the game.

For all the hype of this thread and how funny and homerish it started out, dont lose sight of the fact that Smith is already one of the better WR's in the game today.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I ask how Pickens got into the conversation.

Best I can tell SteelersPride questioned the greatness of Smith and then Ducky brings up Pickens.

I have to assume this is a bleedover from another conversation.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best I can tell SteelersPride questioned the greatness of Smith and then Ducky brings up Pickens.

Someone said that Smith would be the #1 WR on the Steelers team. SteelersPride said he didnt agree. When I think it is pretty clear that Smith would indeed be the Steelers #1 WR.

Hell technically Johnson is their #1 WR. And by a large margin last year. Obviously Pickens will close that gap by quite a bit this year but because of him being a one trick pony like I talked about, I wouldnt be surprised if Johnson once again lead the steelers in targets.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pickens is a one trick pony. He is a really good pony and it is one hell of a trick but he is just an outside WR that runs fly routes. And unless he can turn that into Randy Moss like production from the fly alone, he isn't going to be nearly as valuable as a guy like Smith who is already after only year 2 one of the more polished WR's in the game.

For all the hype of this thread and how funny and homerish it started out, dont lose sight of the fact that Smith is already one of the better WR's in the game today.
pickens is a one trick pony? hmm thats new.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no actually. I think funbags said smith would be our #1, I said I disagreed, then ducky brought up pickens. I think thats how we got here.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is critical that this thread never dies. O circle around every few weeks and it always brings me joy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Pickens and wanted the Browns to draft him. He is a great threat but bc of his contested catch ability. That rate is so high bc he can’t break away from defenders. Smith has that ability. I don’t really care to compare them though bc they are completely different type of WR’s with different skill sets

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I made the comment that Smitty would be the best WR on the Steelers. My guy disagreed. Ducky assumed that meant he was hyping Pickens. For me, you can talk Pickens potential all you want and in the end he may be better than Smitty. But that’s just not the case right now. Clearly in year 2, Smitty was better than Pickens as a rookie. But even a comparison of both guys rookie year show Smith was better. Both were breaking in young QBs just trying to figure out the NFL. Smitty had more catches, more yards, more TDs.