• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the "N" word is so offensive..

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That word should die and everyone should stop using it, however making rules for NFL players about the language they use in game? Really?

We have been pussifying this sport enough already. These are grown men. Gladiators. Warriors. We don't need the league to levy penalties for words thrown around during the game. We simply don't. I don't care what words those are. Trash talk and foul language exists on the field during the game. As long as they leave the trash on the field what's the problem?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok but my thing is how is banning a "derogatory" word somehow racist against the people the word is derogatory towards.

If the word faggot was outlawed you wouldn't hear gay people complaining.

If chink was outlawed asians wouldn't be complaining.

If cracker was outlawed white people wouldn't be complaining.

THe problem we have is that black people have taken a derogatory word and begun using it as a term of endearment amongst each other which sends a very mixed message.

Racism is prejudice based on race. So if a black man can say a word an its ok, but a white person can say the same word and it isn't ok then THAT is racism.

Banning a word across the whole league is NOT racism. If anything, its asking black athletes to obey the same verbal rules that ALL OTHER races expected to follow. WHy is this racism, if anything this is making things more equal as the word is now a no-no for everyone. not just one race.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That word should die and everyone should stop using it, however making rules for NFL players about the language they use in game? Really?

We have been pussifying this sport enough already. These are grown men. Gladiators. Warriors. We don't need the league to levy penalties for words thrown around during the game. We simply don't. I don't care what words those are. Trash talk and foul language exists on the field during the game. As long as they leave the trash on the field what's the problem?

I agree with this 100%.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok but my thing is how is banning a "derogatory" word somehow racist against the people the word is derogatory towards.

THe problem we have is that black people have taken a derogatory word and begun using it as a term of endearment amongst each other which sends a very mixed message.

Racism is prejudice based on race. So if a black man can say a word an its ok, but a white person can say the same word and it isn't ok then THAT is racism.

Banning a word across the whole league is NOT racism. If anything, its asking black athletes to obey the same verbal rules that ALL OTHER races expected to follow. WHy is this racism, if anything this is making things more equal as the word is now a no-no for everyone. not just one race.

:yahoo: :clap:

Part of the reason it's been such a long time we've heard a racial slur against Asian people is that they've never used that word. They let it die out.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is such a difficult word, obviously blacks have zero issue with tossing it around when talking about each other, I see it weekly. However, if a different race uses the term, we are dealing with almost immediate physical altercations.

I really hate when people try to paint this picture. First of all, other races use the word all the time with black people, who has no problem with it. Other races use it in the right content, which is why blacks have no problem, but if your intent is to insult a black person, then of course there will be an altercation. And more than likely, that word used, is probably used with the "er" instead of "a".

Dont try to make it seem like, especially with the younger black generation, they its automatically an issue when other races use it.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
monica+monica.+finally+we+can+say+the+m+word_30a025_5022865.jpg

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that the N word is in a whole other league of bad, but the NFL is in an awkward position. They take a stance on one horrible word, but swear words are okay?

It's a terrible idea to legislate on field language.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is such a difficult word, obviously blacks have zero issue with tossing it around when talking about each other, I see it weekly. However, if a different race uses the term, we are dealing with almost immediate physical altercations.

I don't understand it. I understand why the double standard, but not the continued use of the word between folks of color. If it is offensive, then it is offensive. Lets remove it from everyone's vocabulary, let that lousy word die from the English language.

I'm black and I do not use the term just as I do not use any derogatory verbiage for any racial or ethnic groups. But to ban the use of the word on a football field? What's next?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think the league should get a handle on potty mouth because it's rampant.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another example of the NFL not seeing blacks as humans, just the slaves their profiteering off of. If the NFL could be bothered to understand the culture they would see why no attempt to eradicate that word has ever worked beyond sheltered environments or environments where people had little cultural desire to say it in the first place. Yet they're going to succeed in silencing it where no one else has.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL needs to ban that word..........its deragatory against a group of certain people.I`m a white guy and am appalled by the use of it.Whether it is used by the certain that it was named for or not.Its a horseshit word that needs to be extinct from the English language...........

And for the people that think all curse words should be be banned because this certain word is,why?

Is the word fuck racist?
Is the word shit racist?
Bitch?
asshole?

nah...........I work construction and hear and use these words everyday of my life and not one time has anyone ever regarded these words as racist........

But I will say this,if the NFL is banning the 'n" word,as someone else pointed out,they need to ban rest of the racist words such as chink,spick,white bread and so on.
To ban just one word and not the others is racist to rest of the other ethnic groups.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL needs to ban that word..........its deragatory against a group of certain people.I`m a white guy and am appalled by the use of it.Whether it is used by the certain that it was named for or not.Its a horseshit word that needs to be extinct from the English language...........

And for the people that think all curse words should be be banned because this certain word is,why?

Is the word fuck racist?
Is the word shit racist?
Bitch?
asshole?

nah...........I work construction and hear and use these words everyday of my life and not one time has anyone ever regarded these words as racist........

But I will say this,if the NFL is banning the 'n" word,as someone else pointed out,they need to ban rest of the racist words such as chink,spick,white bread and so on.
To ban just one word and not the others is racist to rest of the other ethnic groups.
Its only derogatory if it is meant to be. In which case people can already get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. If two guys are using that word in a congenial manner, then it isn't derogatory. period. Banning the use of the word in that context would be stupid and would almost undoubtedly only punish the black players

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How totally unfair of them to do that to us. How could they be so insensitive?

:L

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost a perfect post... until you missed the point at the end... It is racist because it is the white man who is taking the word away from them...

They have tried so hard to turn a derogatory word into an endearing word amongst themselves, how dare the white man say you can not use it anymore...

You have to realize that the locker room and the gamefield doesnt follow the white society that the rest of the world does...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Almost a perfect post... until you missed the point at the end... It is racist because it is the white man who is taking the word away from them...

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

If you were serious, that was probably the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

If you were serious, that was probably the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.

It was serious, but i exagerated with the word perfect... meant to say very good...

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL field is their workplace and they should be operating as professionals. They are certainly being compensated to act like professionals. The reality is regardless of how you act in private you are expected to maintain a certain level of professionalism in the workplace. The NFL should be no different.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How totally unfair of them to do that to us. How could they be so insensitive?

:L

It sends a mixed message. They're saying 'it's only bad when YOU use it'.

Forgive me but I don't really see other ethnic groups doing this, do you?

If the word is bad, stop using it. At some point it will go away. By using it you keep it alive.