• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the "N" word is so offensive..

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so typical of Roger Good-duhh. Worst...commissioner...ever.

Expecting gladiators to talk like gentlemen. What's next? Gonna throw a flag if the guy on the sideline fails to extend his pinky while drinking Gatorade?

If Good-dull has his way, Tom Brady will no longer be called "Plays in a Dress," because the whole league will be wearing them.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I think the whole thing is kind of stupid. Either "ban them all" or leave it alone. I don't really care which. I'm not naive enough to think that much worse language isn't used all the time everywhere. From doctors and lawyers to football players, to the teachers lounge to the cashier breakroom at walmart. They're just words. That said, if other professionals can learn to watch their language in a work setting, so can football players. A high school kid gets flagged for saying "shit" and can contain his language, i'm pretty sure a grown man can do the same.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait for the first player to tell the ref "he just called a N......". does the ref then throw the flag at the player complaining?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone so afraid to type the word ****er when all you're doing is referencing it? The N word this the n..... that. Cripes people. This hypersensitivity is silly.

The stupidest thing stated in this thread is that if we stop using it, the word will go away. It will never go away. Diluting it and thus dis-empowering it is the only means by which it's associated hate will lessen. I wish black folks had thought to turn it into a colloquial expression decades ago.

Of course, we can all agree that this new rule proposal is stupid. Has anyone heard of anybody from any racial group supporting it?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....ha ha, scratch that. We're not allowed to type it!

Which is stupid.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another example of the NFL not seeing blacks as humans, just the slaves their profiteering off of. If the NFL could be bothered to understand the culture they would see why no attempt to eradicate that word has ever worked beyond sheltered environments or environments where people had little cultural desire to say it in the first place. Yet they're going to succeed in silencing it where no one else has.

Omfg :L