• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If The Clippers Win A Championship

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can't get this group to the WCF this year with how wide open the field is right now, then he is NOT a good coach. We will see.

Think you might be over-rating the talent Doc has to work with here And I grew up in Blake Griffin's native state.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think you might be over-rating the talent Doc has to work with here And I grew up in Blake Griffin's native state.

The talent is enough for a coach getting Doc's pay to overachieve and make the WCF.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 12th title for the city of LA will most likely come from the clips, at least over the next 5 years or so. Give Doc time, and perhaps a roster adjustment and they will be better balanced. They do need a low post player for sure.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 12th title for the city of LA will most likely come from the clips, at least over the next 5 years or so. Give Doc time, and perhaps a roster adjustment and they will be better balanced. They do need a low post player for sure.

Nah i doubt it...I think the LA Kings will get their 2 Stanley Cup or The Dodgers will win their 6th World series in LA before the Clippers win anything....FACT!!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc Rivers is still an upgrade from Spoelstra either way and yes he is a good coach. In fact I would gladly trade Mike D'antoni for Rivers right now and double Rivers salary at it if they would pull that trade

Maybe a few years ago but I think Spo has proven he is a really good coach. He is the new school numbers guy and doc is the old school Xs and Os guy. There is a reason old school is old, and new school is new, it is layman's terms for evolution.

Even when he had a shit team his teams still did better than they should have and he has done nothing but improve his team's chances each year (Riley GMing the league's pants off seems to have helped too).

And I can not think of anybody besides short buss who would take D'antoni over anybody, poor lakers...I hope you guys crush FA or the draft next year.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah i doubt it...I think the LA Kings will get their 2 Stanley Cup or The Dodgers will win their 6th World series in LA before the Clippers win anything....FACT!!!

Misinterpreted the post I was replying to so I'm withdrawing the reply.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a few years ago but I think Spo has proven he is a really good coach. He is the new school numbers guy and doc is the old school Xs and Os guy. There is a reason old school is old, and new school is new, it is layman's terms for evolution.

Even when he had a shit team his teams still did better than they should have and he has done nothing but improve his team's chances each year (Riley GMing the league's pants off seems to have helped too).

And I can not think of anybody besides short buss who would take D'antoni over anybody, poor lakers...I hope you guys crush FA or the draft next year.

Spo sucks. If it wasn't for having Lebron and Wade, the guy would be out of the league by now.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha no

Can I get a "true" Miami guy to weigh in :D

spoles has developed into a really good coach. he is definitely underrated. I have been annoyed with him for his predictable rotations. but the guy does make the adjustments in the playoffs when it matters. say whatever you want.. he coached circles around Doc Rivers in the 2012 ECF in game 6 and game 7. then in the finals the guy moves Battier to serge ibaka and goes small. Miami ran the Thunder out of the gym from games 2-5. battier went nuts.

last year in the finals after game 3.. Miami was down 2-1. Spoles took Haslem out of the starting line-up and inserted Mike Miller. Miami responded by winning 3 of the next 4 and the title. That's coaching. That's a fucking balls of steel move against a future hall of fame coach in popovich. That move shouldn't have worked with Duncan and Splitter out there. It was criticized as desperate at the time.

Anyone who thinks Spoles sucks doesnt get basketball. It's ignorance. I used to bash the guy. Cant do it anymore. the guy can coach. he knows basketball.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spoles has developed into a really good coach. he is definitely underrated. I have been annoyed with him for his predictable rotations. but the guy does make the adjustments in the playoffs when it matters. say whatever you want.. he coached circles around Doc Rivers in the 2012 ECF in game 6 and game 7. then in the finals the guy moves Battier to serge ibaka and goes small. Miami ran the Thunder out of the gym from games 2-5. battier went nuts.

last year in the finals after game 3.. Miami was down 2-1. Spoles took Haslem out of the starting line-up and inserted Mike Miller. Miami responded by winning 3 of the next 4 and the title. That's coaching. That's a fucking balls of steel move against a future hall of fame coach in popovich. That move shouldn't have worked with Duncan and Splitter out there. It was criticized as desperate at the time.

Anyone who thinks Spoles sucks doesnt get basketball. It's ignorance. I used to bash the guy. Cant do it anymore. the guy can coach. he knows basketball.

Miami was down 2-1. Spoles took Haslem out of the starting line-up and inserted Mike Miller.

You consider that move a genius move that turned the tables? The Heat were on the verge of being eliminated in game 6 and really should have lost the series so that move was actually horrible. The only reason Miami tied it at 2-2 was Wade's unbelievable game 4. So you have game 4 due to Wade. Game 6 due to bad coaching decisions by Pop and Ray's miracle 3. Game 7 was won because Lebron decide to actually have confidence in his shot. Not one of those games can I attribute to smart coaching by Spo.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami was down 2-1. Spoles took Haslem out of the starting line-up and inserted Mike Miller.

You consider that move a genius move that turned the tables? The Heat were on the verge of being eliminated in game 6 and really should have lost the series so that move was actually horrible. The only reason Miami tied it at 2-2 was Wade's unbelievable game 4. So you have game 4 due to Wade. Game 6 due to bad coaching decisions by Pop and Ray's miracle 3. Game 7 was won because Lebron decide to actually have confidence in his shot. Not one of those games can I attribute to smart coaching by Spo.

Going small with a shooter like Mike Miller forced San Antonio to space the floor a lot differently with their bigs. Those huge lanes that opened up for Wade in game 4 weren't there by mistake. Spoles move forced that spacing. A lot of basketball boils down to your lineup and coaching decision when you have two evenly matched teams.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going small with a shooter like Mike Miller forced San Antonio to space the floor a lot differently with their bigs. Those huge lanes that opened up for Wade in game 4 weren't there by mistake. Spoles move forced that spacing. A lot of basketball boils down to your lineup and coaching decision when you have two evenly matched teams.

So what happened to Wade the rest of those games? Weren't there still wide open lanes created by Miller? lol

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happened to Wade the rest of those games? Weren't there still wide open lanes created by Miller? lol

did you watch the NBA finals?

broken down points/assists/boards

Game 1 -- Dwade went 17/2/2
Game 2 -- Dwade went 10/6/2
Game 3 -- Dwade went 16/5/0

Spoles makes the lineup change here...

Game 4 -- Dwade goes 32/4/6
Game 5 -- Dwade goes 25/10/4
Game 6 -- Dwade goes 14/4/4
Game 7 -- Dwade goes 23/1/10

you are now just making shit up and saying it.. The stats don't back you up. Those things can be checked.