• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If LSU beats Bama...

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the current system it should matter. We really don’t know how strong conferences really are. There isn’t enough out of conference head to head matchups between power 5 teams to know. If resumes are similar a conf champ should be ahead of a team that didn’t win theirs. Are teams beating each other up or are the top teams in the conference beating up cupcakes. That was my biggest problem with the 2011 season. No doubt LSU was the best team in the country in the regular season. They went out and scheduled some tough out of conference gms. Bama and Arkansas spent the year beating the shit out of the rest of the sec. All 3 teams spent most of the season in the top 5. I think it’s impossible to assume 3 teams from the same conference belong in the top 5 unless they are beating top teams in other conferences in the non conference schedule.
No offenses to you but a ND fan talking about conference play is amusing.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should winning your conference mean something on the national stage?

I've never gave a shit who won the Big12 or any other conference really, why should I start now?
Shut up and enjoy your Citadel game.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offenses to you but a ND fan talking about conference play is amusing.
I’ve said from the beginning under the current system the only way Nd should get into a playoff is if they go undefeated.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LSU wins what happens?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama would still have a shot at getting into the playoff but it would become more difficult. Now what happens if LSU beats Alabama then losses to a two loss team out of the SEC East in the SEC Championship game, would they take Alabama over a two loss SEC Champ?
One loss bama would be in over 2 loss sec champ no doubt.
The only way a 1 loss bama would be out is if Notre dame, Clemson, Michigan, and sec champ all win out.