• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Frank Gore retired now is he in the Hall of Fame?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 8th all time in rushing and is a pros pro. He is never in the media for anything negative. He has a better career than AD. He would get my vote. But I am curious on what other people think of him.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could get in, and I guess I'd have no problem with it for a few reasons....but I don't feel like he should be a HOF'er in my view. He's been pretty much a great example as far as teammates are concerned...a true professional, and I love what he has overcome in his career. I fully respect him for what he's done.

The greatest achievement for me is his longevity...and a lot of that is luck. He was good for 1100-1200 yards a year, but really only had that one 'great' year in which he nearly got 1700. He may have more yards than Peterson, but no way was he the better player. Peterson is one of the great runners of all time and should go straight to the HOF when eligible.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely not 1st ballot but he'll get in.

It depends on who he knows, the HOF has become another groupie system IMO.....When a pioneer like Art Modell is passed up every yr for guys closer to mediocre than great, I have zero respect for it....
It's like the Pro Bowl, not taken serious anymore.....:L

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on who he knows, the HOF has become another groupie system IMO.....When a pioneer like Art Modell is passed up every yr for guys closer to mediocre than great, I have zero respect for it....
It's like the Pro Bowl, not taken serious anymore.....:L
???? What makes Modell a HOF candidate? If you're using his absence as a measuring stick, your judgement has to be in higher question than we thought.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have no problem with it. Talk about a guy going quietly about his business to become one of the best of his era.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as a fan of his, I'd like to see him make it in. And I think he will make it in.

But based on my own personal expectations for the Hall of Fame, I honestly don't think he deserves it. I think people who make it to the HOF should be at the very top of their respective positions for at least some period of time. Frank Gore was never really that.

He has been a good player with very good longevity. If he does make it in, it will be because he did good (not great) and steadily accumulated more stats than other people at his position. He has been a top five rushing leader exactly once in his career. That's not the kind of player that I would want in the HOF.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very good player for many years, but HOF? mmm, nah. I guess maybe if the colts had an epic playoff run to a SB with him somehow putting the team on his shoulders, maybe? I dunno . . .

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess maybe if the colts had an epic playoff run to a SB with him somehow putting the team on his shoulders, maybe?

Won't be Luck. Put a team on his shoulders and he'd wind up with a broken collarbone.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize that he was that high on the all time rushing list. He doesn't exactly leap to mind when I think of all time great backs. But Edge is the only other guy in the top 15 who's not in and Gore is 8. He wouldn't get my vote but I wouldn't object... they put Bettis in, why not Gore.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???? What makes Modell a HOF candidate? If you're using his absence as a measuring stick, your judgement has to be in higher question than we thought.

I thought you was older than 12 and knew something about football outside Dallas....Read up a little dude !!!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Modell is just as responsible for making the NFL the mega-company that it is today.

As for the original topic, I like Gore, but he has never been an elite player. I don't think he deserves to get in. But then again, there are a few HOFers that I don't think deserve to get in.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could get in, and I guess I'd have no problem with it for a few reasons....but I don't feel like he should be a HOF'er in my view. He's been pretty much a great example as far as teammates are concerned...a true professional, and I love what he has overcome in his career. I fully respect him for what he's done.

The greatest achievement for me is his longevity...and a lot of that is luck. He was good for 1100-1200 yards a year, but really only had that one 'great' year in which he nearly got 1700. He may have more yards than Peterson, but no way was he the better player. Peterson is one of the great runners of all time and should go straight to the HOF when eligible.

Yeah this is how I feel. As a FF owner of Gore for years I appreciate how good he was. But my bar for HOF is very high and like you said it is for players who were the best of their era. There are just too many really good RBs to induct players like Gore IMO.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will get in and the colts want ride him to the super bowl . we have a new kid in town as gm . lucks job will be take care of the ball and the D can win the games . gore 100o yard rusher behind the colts line was a miracle . the colts D will take time to gel but they will be good this year . when gaithers and hooker get locked in at safety they will become the best in the league . I was shocked the colts put pressure on big ben and roughed him up a little its been a long time since the colts done that to a wet paper bag .

biggest weakness in colts d will be cb other than davis but green may have found his spot I saw a lot of him defending passes . here to a healthy season for everyone .

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will get in and the colts want ride him to the super bowl . we have a new kid in town as gm . lucks job will be take care of the ball and the D can win the games . gore 100o yard rusher behind the colts line was a miracle . the colts D will take time to gel but they will be good this year . when gaithers and hooker get locked in at safety they will become the best in the league . I was shocked the colts put pressure on big ben and roughed him up a little its been a long time since the colts done that to a wet paper bag .

biggest weakness in colts d will be cb other than davis but green may have found his spot I saw a lot of him defending passes . here to a healthy season for everyone .

Welcome back from hiding, Teddy.....
watudoin.0.gif

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should. 9 1,000 yard seasons and some that were close. Used to hate when Seattle played against him in his prime. He always seemed to slice and dice us.

Either way, more 1,000 yard seasons than the Bus and 0.5 yards more average not to mention 2,000 yards more receiving and didn't nearly fumble away a conference title.

If Gore isn't 1st ballot it just shows that the Bus was a complete scam and got in because of the team he played for. Both retired at 33 so can't say longevity was a factor. And Bus was NOT a factor in that Super Bowl win. It was the D, Seattle's shit play, and Parker.