• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Cubs win WS...

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Bartman forgiven by Cubs fans?? Like would he throw out the first pitch at Wrigley next year??

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cub fan of 35 years, sure I would love to see the Cubs win the World Series this year. This is unexpected though. I still don't know what to expect. We have 2 starting Ps that Maddon trusts. This team is going to be so much better 2 yrs from now. It is crazy though and if you have this chance then you have to take it. To me the Pirates and Cards are both better as well as the Dodgers. Best teams don't always win in baseball

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Bartman forgiven by Cubs fans?? Like would he throw out the first pitch at Wrigley next year??
Ernie Banks and Ron Santo died without seeing a Cubs title because he couldn't do his only job. I'm not saying he's a bad person, but he made a terrible mistake and I will never forgive him for it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cub fan of 35 years, sure I would love to see the Cubs win the World Series this year. This is unexpected though. I still don't know what to expect. We have 2 starting Ps that Maddon trusts. This team is going to be so much better 2 yrs from now. It is crazy though and if you have this chance then you have to take it. To me the Pirates and Cards are both better as well as the Dodgers. Best teams don't always win in baseball
The Cards were pretty much doomed with injuries and with the Cubs getting the WC. I'm curious if Wainwright will recover and be dominant like he was? Martinez was solid at the beginning and slowly declined after the ASB. They got hammered with the injury bug and did not look dominant going into the postseason. The Cubs look like a team that can win it all now. If Texas beats Toronto, I think the Cubs win it all. I still like the Jays however.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie Banks and Ron Santo died without seeing a Cubs title because he couldn't do his only job. I'm not saying he's a bad person, but he made a terrible mistake and I will never forgive him for it.

Cubs fans are very delusional with the Bartman excuse....

There's no guarantee that Alou makes that catch given that he was about to hit the wall when the ball went to Bartman's. Not to mention, they had plenty of chances to keep the lead...do we blame Bartman for Alex Gonzalez' costly error too?

Not to mention, it wasn't even the World Series...had the Cubs won that series, they still had to win 4 games vs the Yankees.

BARTMAN-master675.jpg

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a baseball fan AT ALL. But I always thought that the whole Steve Bartman thing was taken WAY out of proportion. And I'm pulling for the Cubs.

And I want the Cubs to welcome him back to Chicago.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on now. Red Sox fans forgave Bill Buckner.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit harsh. There were about 50 other people going for the ball too. If you want to blame anything for the momentum change in that game blame Moises Alou for his reaction to Bartman.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a baseball fan AT ALL. But I always thought that the whole Steve Bartman thing was taken WAY out of proportion. And I'm pulling for the Cubs.

And I want the Cubs to welcome him back to Chicago.

Absolutely....he was the scapegoat, but it was certainly much more than him.

If you look at the play, it's far from a good bet Alou catches that ball, considering he was up against the wall and he was a below average LFer at that stage in his career to begin with). And it's not as if the Bartman play put Castillo on base. It was a foul ball and they still had a chance to retire him, but they failed to do so.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cubs win the World Series, one of two things will happen -
  1. The earth will crack, the oceans will be swallowed up, the sky will fall, and life as we know it will end.
  2. A new American golden age will dawn.
Either way, a record number of Chicago dogs will be eaten.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards were pretty much doomed with injuries and with the Cubs getting the WC. I'm curious if Wainwright will recover and be dominant like he was? Martinez was solid at the beginning and slowly declined after the ASB. They got hammered with the injury bug and did not look dominant going into the postseason. The Cubs look like a team that can win it all now. If Texas beats Toronto, I think the Cubs win it all. I still like the Jays however.
Cards were doomed while winning 100 games. Got it.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs fans are very delusional with the Bartman excuse....

There's no guarantee that Alou makes that catch given that he was about to hit the wall when the ball went to Bartman's. Not to mention, they had plenty of chances to keep the lead...do we blame Bartman for Alex Gonzalez' costly error too?

Not to mention, it wasn't even the World Series...had the Cubs won that series, they still had to win 4 games vs the Yankees.

View attachment 40224
Alou's glove was DIRECTLY under the ball. There is a ton of pic and vid proof. It's not even a debate.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of the Cubs should offer the exact same seat to Bartman for game 4 of the nlcs. He is forgiven.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one single play from the sixth game of a seven game series. Even IF you could convince me that the Cubs lost that game because of Bartman, there were five games preceeding and one game after that one in which the Cubs could not seal the deal.

It is my opinion that anyone that blames Steve Bartman for the Cubs losing the NLCS (or worse the WS), likes to rub strange penises all over their face.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the 30 for 30 on bartman and truly felt bad for that poor guy. Holy shit was he just bombarded. It's amazing he didn't off himself really.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the 30 for 30 on bartman and truly felt bad for that poor guy. Holy shit was he just bombarded. It's amazing he didn't off himself really.

Chicago is probably my favorite city in the world. I'd be afraid to watch that 30 for 30 because it would piss me off so bad, I might start to hate Chicago.