• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If anyone wants to apologize to JMR and I

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok before you throw a parade and buy your playoff tickets our november schedule is as brutal as they come and this will be their test. These next 3 games are against great passing attacks 2 of which have really good run games and the last game of this month is against a panthers team trying to win their division and make the playoffs which is on the road

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok before you throw a parade and buy your playoff tickets our november schedule is as brutal as they come and this will be their test. These next 3 games are against great passing attacks 2 of which have really good run games and the last game of this month is against a panthers team trying to win their division and make the playoffs which is on the road
Well, the good news for me is I'm a season ticket holder, so my playoff tix are already reserved!

The next stretch will be a nice test, but it's not the end all be all. 2-2 is a very plausible outcome, and that won't really push us that far in either direction in terms of contender or pretender. Then it'll come down to the stretch run, with 3 of those games against SF & AZ, and the other 2 are both at home. As long as we don't totally tube these next 4 games, we are set up ok for a WC run.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do more than 1-3 over the next 4 I'll celebrate with you.

Never ceases to amaze how fast fans are to either dump on a bad streak or jump on a good one as something more than what it is.

Love the direction of the team and they came off the bye ready to play. Now go face a few of the better teams in the league and hold your own.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do more than 1-3 over the next 4 I'll celebrate with you.

Never ceases to amaze how fast fans are to either dump on a bad streak or jump on a good one as something more than what it is.

Love the direction of the team and they came off the bye ready to play. Now go face a few of the better teams in the league and hold your own.

To be fair, the Seahawks have held their own in every game they played this year. They are literally two plays away from being 6-1 right now. And the team is playing demonstrably better right now than it was a month ago.

Does that mean we will win this Sunday? Not necessarily. But I think there are plenty of reasons to feel good about this team.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the Seahawks have held their own in every game they played this year. They are literally two plays away from being 6-1 right now. And the team is playing demonstrably better right now than it was a month ago.

Does that mean we will win this Sunday? Not necessarily. But I think there are plenty of reasons to feel good about this team.
I don't disagree with any of that. Yet, here they still are barely over .500 and facing a tough stretch. If even just getting a WC slot and being in the playoffs is the basement in terms of goals they have a tough hill to climb. Otherwise I'm not much for moral victories. Being better than we first thought, but still missing the playoffs would ring a little hollow.

Again, you have understand as an M's fan that was in this exact same position 6 months ago only to watch a surging team early on fall flat and epically fail it's hard to put both feet in the boat until I at least see is skimming the surface.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with any of that. Yet, here they still are barely over .500 and facing a tough stretch. If even just getting a WC slot and being in the playoffs is the basement in terms of goals they have a tough hill to climb. Otherwise I'm not much for moral victories. Being better than we first thought, but still missing the playoffs would ring a little hollow.

Again, you have understand as an M's fan that was in this exact same position 6 months ago only to watch a surging team early on fall flat and epically fail it's hard to put both feet in the boat until I at least see is skimming the surface.

The Mariners were always a bit of fool's gold. They had a negative run scoring differential but were on pace for a 100 wins. No way to sustain that.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the good news for me is I'm a season ticket holder, so my playoff tix are already reserved!

The next stretch will be a nice test, but it's not the end all be all. 2-2 is a very plausible outcome, and that won't really push us that far in either direction in terms of contender or pretender. Then it'll come down to the stretch run, with 3 of those games against SF & AZ, and the other 2 are both at home. As long as we don't totally tube these next 4 games, we are set up ok for a WC run.
No home cooking for us this year pal.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no joke. Well for one they use to be a zone blocking team but then never drafted players suited for "Cables" zone blocking and it was CABLE doing it ( picking his guys ) lol. Then Cable couldn't coach up ANYONE and we saw regression from players like say Okung. The Cable Hire was always a huge mystery to me and never made sense in my mind, then the type of players Cable liked in his "zone" blocking just made me scratch my head even more. It just kept getting worse with him ugh! I will never understand how someone who utterly failed so often kept his job for so long! Wow what could have been with a middle of the road Oline.

Yep, and part of the problem was PC being too loyal to him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. 2-2 in the next 4 would get us to 6-5 with 5 left; 3 of those remaining 5 are vs SF & AZ....so I'm counting those as Ws right now, getting us up to 9 wins. Get just 1 in the home games vs Minn & KC, and that's 10 wins. That is at least as likely of an outcome as only coming up with 8 wins from 6-5. You cannot get to 8-8 from 6-5 with our schedule unless there's at least 1 loss to the Cards or Niners.

wtf, you sure as hell can lol

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is 4-3 with wins over teams with a combined record of 9-20. Yes I am happy they are above .500 but it is waaaaay to early to be tooting your own horn about this.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ignored the last part of what I said.

well you ignore half my posts so i just returned the favor, still you have to get to 8 before you can get to 10 so again WTF! you are the farmer who says well i got 1000 eggs so i got 1000 chickens if you get my meaning.

Love the Hawks and i would love them to get 10+ wins but they have some growing to do. Defense looks good, offense i am still skeptical about. We got 3 wins against bad Defenses and 2 of those against close to the worst D's in the league. The Win Vers Dallas is nice because they are still looking pretty good on that side of the ball, but that offense was laughable.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you ignore half my posts so i just returned the favor, still you have to get to 8 before you can get to 10 so again WTF! you are the farmer who says well i got 1000 eggs so i got 1000 chickens if you get my meaning.

Love the Hawks and i would love them to get 10+ wins but they have some growing to do. Defense looks good, offense i am still skeptical about. We got 3 wins against bad Defenses and 2 of those against close to the worst D's in the league. The Win Vers Dallas is nice because they are still looking pretty good on that side of the ball, but that offense was laughable.
You ignored half of the sentence that was required to complete the statement I made, but have fun with your little game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is 4-3 with wins over teams with a combined record of 9-20. Yes I am happy they are above .500 but it is waaaaay to early to be tooting your own horn about this.
Fair point, and this is something that we commonly see highlighted at this time of the season when we are still a little unsure about how good a team is. But I think it loses some punch when we are beating these teams on the road by 2+ TDs and played the league's only undefeated team to a virtual dead heat. When a good team goes up against a much lesser one, you expect a convincing win. It's really hard to win an NFL game by 2 TDs, particularly on the road, yet that is what this team has done lately.

Most people seem to be impressed by the Chargers, but they haven't beaten anyone of note either. Played 2 good teams (KC and LAR) and lost both games by double digits. Beat SF by only 2, TEN by 1. But the way this works is people expected LAC to be good so now that's validated by their 5-2 record alone, while most didn't think the Hawks would be very good and look to downplay the 4-3 record and discount many of the wins.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point, and this is something that we commonly see highlighted at this time of the season when we are still a little unsure about how good a team is. But I think it loses some punch when we are beating these teams on the road by 2+ TDs and played the league's only undefeated team to a virtual dead heat. When a good team goes up against a much lesser one, you expect a convincing win. It's really hard to win an NFL game by 2 TDs, particularly on the road, yet that is what this team has done lately.

Most people seem to be impressed by the Chargers, but they haven't beaten anyone of note either. Played 2 good teams (KC and LAR) and lost both games by double digits. Beat SF by only 2, TEN by 1. But the way this works is people expected LAC to be good so now that's validated by their 5-2 record alone, while most didn't think the Hawks would be very good and look to downplay the 4-3 record and discount many of the wins.

Losing on the road right out of the gate by one score in each game showed me that we were going to be a bit more competitive... And at that point, we had injuries and youngsters playing a lot of minutes in those games... In comes Fluker, we establish the run game while winning 4 of the next 5 games (2) of them we pretty much dominated... Last week was the first time all season this team was at full strength... We went on the road, back East to play against a very hot team coming into the game (Detroit) who were winners in 3 of their last 4 games... Two of those wins were against the Packers and Patriots ... Be we basically sucker punched them in the mouth from the start and bullied them till the end... It was complete domination...

I get it... Week to week is different... Matchups, bad luck, injuries come into play each time which causes things to change, along with fans each week... This team is playing very well on offense, which is helping out the defense... Last year we had so many 3 and outs and our defense was on the field too much... The last 4 games, we've been winning the TOP while running a very efficient offense ending in TD's... This is huge considering some of the young bucks we have playing on defense...

I would feel very confident right in feeling that we would be Bears and Broncos on the road if we played them at this stage of the season... I feel like we'll give the Rams their first loss when we play them w/ a record of 9-0...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what comes before 10? 9 , what comes before 9? 8 so you damn well can get to 8 from 4 and well before you get to 10. Like i said you are the type or person who counts their eggs before they are Hatched JMR.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what comes before 10? 9 , what comes before 9? 8 so you damn well can get to 8 from 4 and well before you get to 10. Like i said you are the type or person who counts their eggs before they are Hatched JMR.

You seem really intent to argue over nonsense. Both of you understand football. How bout we talk about the team?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry seemed like someone needed a math lesson. lol