• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If anyone wants to apologize to JMR and I

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you doubters and naysayers who said this team was going to suck should apologize to @JMR and I. We remained confident that this team could be a double digit win team even after going 0-2 and disagreed with the haters that were predicting doom and gloom.

When you have a QB like Russell Wilson you will always be at least decent. And when you give a QB like Russ a competent offensive line, he can do remarkable things.

Regardless of how the team does the rest of the season, there are so many reasons to get excited about this squad. While it was sad to see the Legion of Boom move on from the team, for various reasons, the new guys are looking pretty darn impressive. We already knew Shaq Griffin was going to be good after last year's performance. Tre Flowers continues to show that Pete Carroll knows DBs. Thompson gets better every week. And while Bradley may never be Kam, he's turning into a Pro Bowl level safety.

Our no name DL has been really impressive as well. Guys like Martin and Jefferson have been doing strong work all season.

On the offensive side, how great is it to see a Seahawks drafted WR actually turn into something? I had almost given up hope that we would ever be able to do that. Chris Carson is a stud and we have 2 guys behind him that could be starters with other teams. And our OL has just been fantastic the past 3 weeks. The best OL we've had since, arguably, during the PC years.

Note: No one actually has to apologize. Just wanted to get some positive discussion going about a team that is starting to really gel the way some of us thought it would.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha yeah, like Flyer says at the end, it's all positive and I'm just glad this is shaping up to be one quick rebuild!! On to San Diego!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Martin was mentioned. That guy flashes when he's on the field.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my drunken stupor from time to time I probably posted dumb stuff, but I said before the season even started this would probably be a 9-7'ish team and potentially competing for a wild card. I found it absolutely fucking ridiculous NFL analysts and even independent sites like Walterfootball was giving us top 5 projected draft picks and everyone was also putting the 49ers at some 10-6/11-5 ridiculous team (I get Jimmy Gapaprpeprprpooolo was injured but fuckin' seriously? There's zero talent on that team and a brand new HC).

Anyway, I don't think that has changed (9-7'ish). Granted 6 of our last 9 games remaining are at home but we still have the Chiefs, Chargers, Rams, Packers, Panthers, and Vikings left to go... while I'd argue the Cardinals and 49ers (x2) will take us to 7 wins... splitting against the aforementioned 6 is going to be quite tough (to reach 10-6). Still 4 of those 6 are at home, so that helps.

All said I'm not looking forward to the offseason when everyone is like, "THE 49ERS WILL DEFINITELY COMPETE FOR THE DIVISION WITH A HEALTHY JIMMY GAPEPRORPRPROOOLO OMFGFF AND SEATTLE'S BANGED UP <insert something> WILL NOT LEAD THEM TO AS GOOD OF A RECORD! AND THE RAMSL DFOMOGMFOMFOFMFFFFFF!!!!" :L

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was figuring we'd be 8-8, but I foresaw a lot of games like the Cardinals game. Back and forth affairs where sometimes Russ led the GW drive, and sometimes the other guy did. I didn't see this team curbstomping other teams.

The Raiders game can be explained away (if one so chooses): Raiders are a BAD team, game was a neutral site game, etc. This game can't be so easily explained away. Lions may not be a great team, but they aren't a bottomfeeder (just ask the Pats or Packers).

Most important thing I lost sight of: Pete can coach up a defense.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I would fall into the "doubter" camp. I predicted 7-9/8-8. I still think that is very possible, given that every game so far has resulted in a W/L exactly how I expected them to so far. The back half of the schedule is where I predicted a lot more losses, so we'll get a really good idea of how good this team is soon.

As I've said to JMR in other threads, the team definitely looks better than I expected, particularly on the OL. That is a bit of a surprise to me. I expected Fluker to help in the run game, but I didn't expect Ifedi to turn into a competent RT, nor did I expect Duane Brown to be *this* good. So that's been a pleasant surprise.

Defensively the team has been better than I expected too, to an extent. I'm still a little hesitant considering they've played some really bad offenses so far. The Rams did whatever they wanted (granted we aren't the only team to suffer that). That being said, there's still enough talent in that unit for it to be way more of a strength than liability.

All in all, I'm encouraged/cautiously optimistic, but it seems super early to be back patting about double digit wins. Assuming wins over AZ, @SF, SF, they still have to win 3 games against LAC, @LAR, GB, @Car, Min and KC to get to 10. It's definitely possible, but I'd say it's far from a given.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw you flyer!

:)

I'm faux offended you didn't include me in this!

Hell, I even suggested that Ifedi would be a serviceable lineman. Dunno if there was anyone with me on that island.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, I'm encouraged/cautiously optimistic, but it seems super early to be back patting about double digit wins. Assuming wins over AZ, @SF, SF, they still have to win 3 games against LAC, @LAR, GB, @Car, Min and KC to get to 10. It's definitely possible, but I'd say it's far from a given.
I would say 10 is more of a likelihood than 7 right now. A couple weeks ago I think I had it around an even probability, but no way can I see 3-6 to finish out unless RW goes down. And even then, we may be able to run the ball well enough to get 4 wins out of the last 9 when 6 of them are at home. Maybe if this team was squeaking it out the last couple games, but that's not what we've seen. Detroit's opening possession aside, these wins have been convincing start to finish drubbings.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw you flyer!

:)

I'm faux offended you didn't include me in this!

Hell, I even suggested that Ifedi would be a serviceable lineman. Dunno if there was anyone with me on that island.

You deserve an honorable mention.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if fairness to you, I'm not really around enough to mention.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you doubters and naysayers who said this team was going to suck should apologize to @JMR and I. We remained confident that this team could be a double digit win team even after going 0-2 and disagreed with the haters that were predicting doom and gloom.

When you have a QB like Russell Wilson you will always be at least decent. And when you give a QB like Russ a competent offensive line, he can do remarkable things.

Regardless of how the team does the rest of the season, there are so many reasons to get excited about this squad. While it was sad to see the Legion of Boom move on from the team, for various reasons, the new guys are looking pretty darn impressive. We already knew Shaq Griffin was going to be good after last year's performance. Tre Flowers continues to show that Pete Carroll knows DBs. Thompson gets better every week. And while Bradley may never be Kam, he's turning into a Pro Bowl level safety.

Our no name DL has been really impressive as well. Guys like Martin and Jefferson have been doing strong work all season.

On the offensive side, how great is it to see a Seahawks drafted WR actually turn into something? I had almost given up hope that we would ever be able to do that. Chris Carson is a stud and we have 2 guys behind him that could be starters with other teams. And our OL has just been fantastic the past 3 weeks. The best OL we've had since, arguably, during the PC years.

Note: No one actually has to apologize. Just wanted to get some positive discussion going about a team that is starting to really gel the way some of us thought it would.

No, this is a 3-13 team and there's nothing you say that can change my mind :skip:

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say 10 is more of a likelihood than 7 right now. A couple weeks ago I think I had it around an even probability, but no way can I see 3-6 to finish out unless RW goes down. And even then, we may be able to run the ball well enough to get 4 wins out of the last 9 when 6 of them are at home. Maybe if this team was squeaking it out the last couple games, but that's not what we've seen. Detroit's opening possession aside, these wins have been convincing start to finish drubbings.

I tend to agree. Assuming they win the 3 games against SF/Arizona, 7 wins means they don't beat anyone else, which I find very unlikely. I think they likely lose to the Rams, Panthers and Chiefs, but the Chargers, Packers and Vikings are all at home, and very winnable.

I definitely underestimated how good this team would be, but I'm still a little cautiously optimistic about getting to double digit wins (and thus, playoffs) until they beat someone good. We can debate how good the Cowboys and Lions are, I guess, but I tend to think they're both pretty below average.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. Assuming they win the 3 games against SF/Arizona, 7 wins means they don't beat anyone else, which I find very unlikely. I think they likely lose to the Rams, Panthers and Chiefs, but the Chargers, Packers and Vikings are all at home, and very winnable.

Right now it would be a huge disappointment to lose to the Niners or Cards. Even a slim margin of victory wouldn't be too encouraging. @ Rams surely will be tough just because of how good they are, but that place doesn't offer them much of a HFA....yesterday was as close to a home game for GB as you will see a visiting team have. Lots of people like the Chargers, and maybe they are legit, but they don't have any wins that are all that impressive (referring to what you say below to a degree)...not any more impressive than ours, IMO. If the measuring stick is beating a good team, they don't have any of those in their 5 Ws. Tough(er) games ahead for sure, I agree.

I definitely underestimated how good this team would be, but I'm still a little cautiously optimistic about getting to double digit wins (and thus, playoffs) until they beat someone good. We can debate how good the Cowboys and Lions are, I guess, but I tend to think they're both pretty below average.

Detroit is not a world beater by any means, but they were a FG favorite, at home, and had been playing pretty well -- had some issues on D, but their offense had scored 24+ in every game after week 1 with 2 straight 30+ coming in (including a W over GB), and their run game had been cranking. Ignoring some empty yards in the 4th quarter, it all came to a halt yesterday. That's a good win I think.

We are opening line 1.5 faves vs SD. Sucks that I'll miss it while in the air coming back from the east coast....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the only remaining game I think we are likely to lose is the Rams game. That doesn't mean that we will win the other games but I put our chances of winning every other game as 50/50 or better.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only remaining game I think we are likely to lose is the Rams game. That doesn't mean that we will win the other games but I put our chances of winning every other game as 50/50 or better.

At Rams, at Panthers, vs KC and likely vs. Minnesota and GB will all be games that the Seahawks are underdogs in. I think the first three will be very tough to win. The two NFC North games look more winnable (and are at home), but those are two pretty good teams IMO. I still think Buffalo beating Minnesota at home is the most unexpected result in the last 5 years of the NFL.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now it would be a huge disappointment to lose to the Niners or Cards. Even a slim margin of victory wouldn't be too encouraging. @ Rams surely will be tough just because of how good they are, but that place doesn't offer them much of a HFA....yesterday was as close to a home game for GB as you will see a visiting team have. Lots of people like the Chargers, and maybe they are legit, but they don't have any wins that are all that impressive (referring to what you say below to a degree)...not any more impressive than ours, IMO. If the measuring stick is beating a good team, they don't have any of those in their 5 Ws. Tough(er) games ahead for sure, I agree.

Detroit is not a world beater by any means, but they were a FG favorite, at home, and had been playing pretty well -- had some issues on D, but their offense had scored 24+ in every game after week 1 with 2 straight 30+ coming in (including a W over GB), and their run game had been cranking. Ignoring some empty yards in the 4th quarter, it all came to a halt yesterday. That's a good win I think.

We are opening line 1.5 faves vs SD. Sucks that I'll miss it while in the air coming back from the east coast....

Fair. Maybe Detroit should get the "inconsistent" tag, because they have beaten a couple really good teams. Needless to say, it's the most impressive victory of the year so far.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Rams, at Panthers, vs KC and likely vs. Minnesota and GB will all be games that the Seahawks are underdogs in. I think the first three will be very tough to win. The two NFC North games look more winnable (and are at home), but those are two pretty good teams IMO. I still think Buffalo beating Minnesota at home is the most unexpected result in the last 5 years of the NFL.

Of course they will be tough games although I have to say that the Panthers still don't scare me all that much.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they will be tough games although I have to say that the Panthers still don't scare me all that much.

5-2 with wins over Baltimore, Washington and Philly. I'm always skeptical of Newton, but they've looked pretty good so far. Not saying it's an unwinnable game, but it's one of the tougher ones left.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-2 with wins over Baltimore, Washington and Philly. I'm always skeptical of Newton, but they've looked pretty good so far. Not saying it's an unwinnable game, but it's one of the tougher ones left.

Sure. We could certainly lose that game. But I would be surprised if that spread is more than 3 points which is a toss-up.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. We could certainly lose that game. But I would be surprised if that spread is more than 3 points which is a toss-up.

We'll see. If played today, my guess would be Carolina -6. But that's partially because Vegas has been very down on the Seahawks so far (-3 against Oakland was laughable). That could definitely change over the next couple weeks.