• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If anyone wants to apologize to JMR and I

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to rank in decreasing order of difficulty our remaining 9 games (sort of a goofy task, but why not?!):

1. @ LAR. cannot pick against them until they get beaten.
2. vs KC. probably the only team I would pick to beat them right now is the Rams.
3. @ CAR. long trip, playing well, tough to win on the road vs good QBs.
4. vs GB. only above SD due to the Rodgers factor.
5. vs SD. solid record but no wins yet over "good" teams, lost to the only 2 good ones they played.
6. vs Minn. not as impressed with them as some are.
7. @ SF. garbage.
8. vs AZ. see above.
9. vs SF. still garbage.

I would predict wins against the bottom 6 matchups right now and losses in the other 3, but lots can change leading up to each game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. If played today, my guess would be Carolina -6. But that's partially because Vegas has been very down on the Seahawks so far (-3 against Oakland was laughable). That could definitely change over the next couple weeks.

They are favored this Sunday albeit only by 1. If the Hawks win again, especially with a double digit win, then I suspect that Vegas will take note.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to rank in decreasing order of difficulty our remaining 9 games (sort of a goofy task, but why not?!):

1. @ LAR. cannot pick against them until they get beaten.
2. vs KC. probably the only team I would pick to beat them right now is the Rams.
3. @ CAR. long trip, playing well, tough to win on the road vs good QBs.
4. vs GB. only above SD due to the Rodgers factor.
5. vs SD. solid record but no wins yet over "good" teams, lost to the only 2 good ones they played.
6. vs Minn. not as impressed with them as some are.
7. @ SF. garbage.
8. vs AZ. see above.
9. vs SF. still garbage.

I would predict wins against the bottom 6 matchups right now and losses in the other 3, but lots can change leading up to each game.

Swap SD with Minnesota and I agree with this list.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly feel good about beating the Rams, especially if they are undefeated when we play them... Even that more of an incentive for the Hawks to give them their first loss of the season... Rams can be beat and I think we're the team that will do it...

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you doubters and naysayers who said this team was going to suck should apologize to @JMR and I. We remained confident that this team could be a double digit win team even after going 0-2 and disagreed with the haters that were predicting doom and gloom.

When you have a QB like Russell Wilson you will always be at least decent. And when you give a QB like Russ a competent offensive line, he can do remarkable things.

Regardless of how the team does the rest of the season, there are so many reasons to get excited about this squad. While it was sad to see the Legion of Boom move on from the team, for various reasons, the new guys are looking pretty darn impressive. We already knew Shaq Griffin was going to be good after last year's performance. Tre Flowers continues to show that Pete Carroll knows DBs. Thompson gets better every week. And while Bradley may never be Kam, he's turning into a Pro Bowl level safety.

Our no name DL has been really impressive as well. Guys like Martin and Jefferson have been doing strong work all season.

On the offensive side, how great is it to see a Seahawks drafted WR actually turn into something? I had almost given up hope that we would ever be able to do that. Chris Carson is a stud and we have 2 guys behind him that could be starters with other teams. And our OL has just been fantastic the past 3 weeks. The best OL we've had since, arguably, during the PC years.

Note: No one actually has to apologize. Just wanted to get some positive discussion going about a team that is starting to really gel the way some of us thought it would.

You're setting yourself up for a reverse midnight angel here.

Lot of football left and a lot of tough teams left.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Midnight Angel minus all the chest-thumping, laughing and finger pointing, sure, exactly like that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, in fairness to Flyer, he posted that after another "If anyone wants to apologize..." thread about the Bevell firing, and he also included a comment at the bottom that said he really wasn't suggesting anyone should apologize but just wanted to have a discussion about positives going on with the team. I really doubt anyone here is going to claim victory on 10 wins until we actually have 10 wins.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for Seahawks and NFC West was:

Rams 11-5
Seahawks 8-8
49ers 5-11
Cardinals 5-11

I"ll stand by that. Seahawks have been playing well, but they are about to hit the tough stretch. It's a rebuilding year and a nice start, however I'm not going to get sweep away by a couple of wins against also ran. Seahawks have been very fortunate with injuries thus far, seems fair given how many they had last couple of seasons. We'll see if that holds all season long. Won't take but a couple of serious OL injuries to make a difference.
Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm under estimating the progress made. Don't plan on apologizing if I was wrong. It was a guess.
Sure is a lot more fun when the Seahawks win, that's for sure. Hope it continues.:suds:

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry....thought they were years away.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I predicted 8-8 and I think I said anywhere from 4-11 wins wouldn't shock me. Pretty big possible range there I guess but I thought this team was going to be a bit unpredictable.

I guess put me in the doubter camp. I was unsure about Shotty at OC and didn't expect THIS much of an improvement in the O-line. I will say I didn't get the people talking about the defense being shit, I figured they'd be solid but I didn't predict they'd be top 6 in ypg and ppg at this point.

Really impressed with this team after that 0-2 start. 8-8 is still possible with a tough last 9 games, but 6 of them are at home. Right now 10-6 looks like it's gonna be good enough for a WC spot.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the next month will tell us so much about this team. They could go 0-4, then what? 2-2 would be ok but that just means 8-8 is more likely then 10-6. Still with 6 home games left if they just win all those they reach 10-6 and say take the game from San Fran in their house that could be 11 wins. Not out of the Question and by the end of November we will know this team better than we do now.

I do expect them to continue to play better every week though but as we have seen in the past getting better doesn't always mean more wins. Very happy with how this Defense is playing with so much turnover. I think moving on from KR helped the defense, i really have no doubts about it to be honest. I wanted Norton to be the DC over KR to begin with because i felt he just was a much better option. Bringing him back was a great idea in my eyes because of how familiar he was with the style Pete loves to play with on the defense.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw you flyer!

:)

I'm faux offended you didn't include me in this!

Hell, I even suggested that Ifedi would be a serviceable lineman. Dunno if there was anyone with me on that island.

You had the whole island to yourself. I for one did not see Ifedi being serviceable.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I had them around 7-9 possibly 10 wins if things break right. Impressed with the D growing in front of our eyes and even more impressed with our o-line gelling so quickly in a short period of time under a new coach. Shout out to Carson who may have finally solved our RB issues.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I had them around 7-9 possibly 10 wins if things break right. Impressed with the D growing in front of our eyes and even more impressed with our o-line gelling so quickly in a short period of time under a new coach. Shout out to Carson who may have finally solved our RB issues.

Yup, sticky the thread to make it easy to look back on.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had the whole island to yourself. I for one did not see Ifedi being serviceable.

Well he had the physical tools and the surly attitude. If he could get out of his own head, and jut PLAY, he could be alright. That was my train of thought.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he had the physical tools and the surly attitude. If he could get out of his own head, and jut PLAY, he could be alright. That was my train of thought.

Solari has done something Cable couldn't figure out and it's worked wonders so far

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solari has done something Cable couldn't figure out and it's worked wonders so far

Yeah no joke. Well for one they use to be a zone blocking team but then never drafted players suited for "Cables" zone blocking and it was CABLE doing it ( picking his guys ) lol. Then Cable couldn't coach up ANYONE and we saw regression from players like say Okung. The Cable Hire was always a huge mystery to me and never made sense in my mind, then the type of players Cable liked in his "zone" blocking just made me scratch my head even more. It just kept getting worse with him ugh! I will never understand how someone who utterly failed so often kept his job for so long! Wow what could have been with a middle of the road Oline.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mater where, when or who, Pete Carrol's teams are always competitive This point has been proven extensively over the last 8 and a half years, so why would anyone think differently this year

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the next month will tell us so much about this team. They could go 0-4, then what? 2-2 would be ok but that just means 8-8 is more likely then 10-6. Still with 6 home games left if they just win all those they reach 10-6 and say take the game from San Fran in their house that could be 11 wins. Not out of the Question and by the end of November we will know this team better than we do now.

I do expect them to continue to play better every week though but as we have seen in the past getting better doesn't always mean more wins. Very happy with how this Defense is playing with so much turnover. I think moving on from KR helped the defense, i really have no doubts about it to be honest. I wanted Norton to be the DC over KR to begin with because i felt he just was a much better option. Bringing him back was a great idea in my eyes because of how familiar he was with the style Pete loves to play with on the defense.

I disagree. 2-2 in the next 4 would get us to 6-5 with 5 left; 3 of those remaining 5 are vs SF & AZ....so I'm counting those as Ws right now, getting us up to 9 wins. Get just 1 in the home games vs Minn & KC, and that's 10 wins. That is at least as likely of an outcome as only coming up with 8 wins from 6-5. You cannot get to 8-8 from 6-5 with our schedule unless there's at least 1 loss to the Cards or Niners.